Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 623

Thread: Easy Unlock for AT&T Phones

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virgin Islands, US
    Posts
    2,484
    Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson Xperia X1|HTC Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc0
    DO they really unlock iPhone's as well? I'm a AT&T customer as well and I'd be willing to pick up another iPhone tomorrow if I can call in and get it unlocked. Also does it unlock the browser settings on the iPhone?
    I'm 98% positive he was joking. Look at his cell phone provider
    1000 posts 08/15/07 @ 12:02am / 2K posts 05/22/08 @ 10:47pm
    Sony Ericsson K850i speedtest

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    972
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mine's coming in 5 to 7 days. Just signed up for service 2 days ago.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    10,103
    Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb252
    I'm 98% positive he was joking. Look at his cell phone provider
    How come AT&T is unlocking every other phone but the iPhone?

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    968
    Feedback Score
    0
    Probably due to an agreement they had with Apple.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    10,103
    Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickberry
    There is a strict agreement between Apple and AT&T. The're not taking any chances of the iPhone leaking to another GSM network. The only "real" reason for unlocking a phone is world travel, hence why the Apple "masterpiece" isn't quad-band.
    I'm 100% sure the iPhone is quad-band. A friend of mine is using one right now in the UK (At $1.29 a min!) so if you can tell these guys you need to unlock a Treo or blackjack for a trip to Europe, why not a iPhone?

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    60
    Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0

    i stand corrected

    Quote Originally Posted by cmc0
    I'm 100% sure the iPhone is quad-band. A friend of mine is using one right now in the UK (At $1.29 a min!) so if you can tell these guys you need to unlock a Treo or blackjack for a trip to Europe, why not a iPhone?
    The iPhone is definitely quad band, I stand corrected.
    I just left a message on my at&t rep's voicemail about this unlocking issue. All that being said, the only reason I can think of is because of the fixed sims. You can't get to the sim, so technically there'd be no way to replace it with a foreign card. You can use the international roaming with it, I think at&t just wants to keep it use exclusively on it's own network. I could be wrong...will get back to you when my rep calls. (rep is an att know all)
    Nick
    a proud geek

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    10,103
    Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickberry
    The iPhone is definitely quad band, I stand corrected.
    I just left a message on my at&t rep's voicemail about this unlocking issue. All that being said, the only reason I can think of is because of the fixed sims. You can't get to the sim, so technically there'd be no way to replace it with a foreign card. You can use the international roaming with it, I think at&t just wants to keep it use exclusively on it's own network. I could be wrong...will get back to you when my rep calls. (rep is an att know all)
    You must need alot of correcting mate! The iPhone's sim is defintly not fixed. All you have to do is just use a paper clip on the top little hole and that removes the SIM card tray. At least that's how it works on my wife's.

    BUt still, call your rep and see if they can unlock the iPhone, if every other AT&T phone can be unlocked, why not the iPhone

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    60
    Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0

    I hope this helps

    Heard from my rep...

    According to Apple and AT&T, by removing the sim tray, you're voiding the warranty. That is, IF they can tell it's been removed somehow.

    The sim is "fixed" and set to be removed only be techs for repair purposes. It is not to be removed by the consumer, hence it's lack of accessibility. A paper clip is nifty but not as nifty as removing your phone's back panel and battery.

    As for unlocking it, the iPhone is in a 5-Year exclusivity contract with AT&T and under no circumstances shall it be used on a different network.

    If your in love with the iPhone and need to have one while traveling abroad, you may be interested in the CECT P168....an illicit iPhone clone available in Europe this December. Click for info.

    And yes....it has dual sim trays. And no...it's not coming to the states for legal reasons.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    10,103
    Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickberry
    If your in love with the iPhone and need to have one while traveling abroad, you may be interested in the CECT P168....an illicit iPhone clone available in Europe this December. Click for info.
    That POS, no thanks. Besides I'm sure someone is working on unlocking the iPhone as we speak

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    482
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Blue
    Feedback Score
    0
    Worked like a charm. The Rep helped me unlock my Blackjack within 2 minutes. Thanks for the info.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nickberry
    My manager just emailed this to me, it's an easy and FREE way to get your AT&T (Cingular) phone unlocked for international use or use on another GSM network.

    Simply call 1-(916)-843-4685, that's AT&T's international support line, you have to tell them you are going to be traveling overseas or to Europe where you are going to need to use one of their foreign sim cards. They are going to ask you why your going there, make something up, but they have to feel convinced your actually traveling.

    Unlock codes cost anywhere from $25 - $35 online, this is a free and legit way to do it! If your selling a Cingular phone on eBay, unlock it first. It will enhance the product power as T-Mobile customers can purchase the phone as well.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    303
    Device(s)
    Blackberry 8800
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickberry

    As for unlocking it, the iPhone is in a 5-Year exclusivity contract with AT&T and under no circumstances shall it be used on a different network.

    5 years? I thought it was only 2.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    60
    Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    according to my rep, it's a 5-year deal, hence why sites like www.freetheiphone.org even exist.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0

    older phones

    Would this also work with older phones? I talked to regular customer service today to unlock my motorola v551 and the agent was willing to do it, but after filling out the information she said that the system won't let her put it through since the phone is no longer supported by the new at&t (even though I got it as an at&t customer prior to switching to cingular). Any thoughts?

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    36
    Feedback Score
    0
    Kind of new here. I got a Blackjack....have no plans on traveling outside the country. What is the benefit of getting the phone unlocked?

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    594
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    awesome thread, I was not aware of this number over at att. Can't wait to try it on my sisters cingular sim locked phone.

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Bookmarks