Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy Unlock for AT&T Phones

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jasgal1
    Kind of new here. I got a Blackjack....have no plans on traveling outside the country. What is the benefit of getting the phone unlocked?
    http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...k%20sim%20card

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickberry
    Heard from my rep...

According to Apple and AT&T, by removing the sim tray, you're voiding the warranty. That is, IF they can tell it's been removed somehow.

The sim is "fixed" and set to be removed only be techs for repair purposes. It is not to be removed by the consumer, hence it's lack of accessibility. A paper clip is nifty but not as nifty as removing your phone's back panel and battery.

As for unlocking it, the iPhone is in a 5-Year exclusivity contract with AT&T and under no circumstances shall it be used on a different network.

Bullocks!
    Party of the warranty process is removing the SIM card to use in an old, standard Cingular/AT&T phone. A paper clip is specifically recommended in the training material. In my own experience, I've swapped numerous cards when people who have business accounts activated the phone on a new personal account and then want it merged with the old business account. That requires building a new account to replace the two old ones and since the system will not reuse SIM's you must replace it. And guess what? Half of those people already called into CS and were told they had to get a new SIM in store then pop it in using...wait for it...a paper clip.

However, you cannot unlock it. AT&T either cannot or will not, and everyone else hasn't figured it out yet.

Feedback Score
    Will at&t give out an unlock code for their prepaid customers that are on a "Pick Your Plan"? Or do they only give out unlock codes to their postpaid customers?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by ATnt-RSC

Bullocks!
    Party of the warranty process is removing the SIM card to use in an old, standard Cingular/AT&T phone. A paper clip is specifically recommended in the training material. In my own experience, I've swapped numerous cards when people who have business accounts activated the phone on a new personal account and then want it merged with the old business account. That requires building a new account to replace the two old ones and since the system will not reuse SIM's you must replace it. And guess what? Half of those people already called into CS and were told they had to get a new SIM in store then pop it in using...wait for it...a paper clip.

However, you cannot unlock it. AT&T either cannot or will not, and everyone else hasn't figured it out yet.
    Okay...thanks? Bottom line is the phone is unlockable. Who cares about the sim card.
    Nick
    a proud geek

Feedback Score
    thanx it worked for me!

Feedback Score

It Works

Hi Folks--
    I called ATT International as suggested in the first post. Asked to be put on the International roam (no monthly charge) and get our phones unlocked too. The rep politely did both immediately. She gave me the code and instructions for our Treo 650 over the phone. My Cing 8525 (HTC Tytn) had to be done by email, because they needed to locate or register my imei number. I had that email 1 day later. Both unlockings were easy and flawless.

Never imagined it could work so well.

Yah!

Carrier(s)
    ATT Nation Family Talk 1400
    Feedback Score

Ot

FWIW, the correct spelling/phrase is 'bollocks' !

cheers,
    P

Quote Originally Posted by ATnt-RSC

Bullocks!

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by damba98
    FWIW, the correct spelling/phrase is 'bollocks' !

cheers,
    P
    ^^^^ priceless

Device(s)
    HTC TYTN w/ WM6 2 Batteries (week)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility The HTCs
    Feedback Score
    Worked Like a charm, My 8800 blackerry was unlocked during the phonecall. just said I was flying to England in 72 hours

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timeless2
    Mine's coming in 5 to 7 days. Just signed up for service 2 days ago.
    Got mine today!

EDIT:
    Is a non-att/foreign SIM required to do the unlock? It appears so.

Device(s)
    HTC TYTN w/ WM6 2 Batteries (week)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility The HTCs
    Feedback Score
    Got mine today!

EDIT:
    No.
    All I had to do was turn my wireless off on my blackberry and enter the code

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 VZW
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Got mine today!

EDIT:
    an old at&t blue sim works for unlocking a cingular/new at&t phone :-)

> Clearnet PCS: Nokia 6188 (1999)

-> Bell : Nokia 6185 -> Motorola ST7867W (99-01)

--> AT&T: Nokia 6360 -> Nokia 6200 - (01-04)

---> Verizon: LG VX6000 -> Motorola E815 - (04-07)

----> Cingular/AT&T: Samsung Blackjack -> 8525 -> RAZR V3xx -> iPhone (RIP) -> iPhone 3GS - (Jan 07-Dec 09)

-----> T-Mobile: iPhone 3GS (unlock) -> Nexus One -> 9700 - (Dec 09-Jun 10 )

------> AT&T: iPhone 4 -> iPhone 3GS - (Jun '10-Mar '11)

-------> Verizon: iPhone4 - (Mar '11-TBD)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MI_canuck
    an old at&t blue sim works for unlocking a cingular/new at&t phone :-)
    Now....to find someone locally to accomplish this very act.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3gs
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks!!! Got mine while on the phone....good stuff!!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Got my SE Z525a unlocked no problem. Took about two days for them to email me the unlock code. I have unlocked phones in the past through T-Mobile and they've always asked for the IMEI - Cingular did not. The rep said she put my request in -- and I stopped her to ask which phone she was talking about since she hadn't asked me for an IMEI. She said I have a KRZR showing as being in use (paid to unlock it and sold it months ago) so that's what she sent the request in for. Anyway, she sent in another request for my Z525a and today I actually got both unlock codes.

Guess there's no limit to how many we can unlock? I figured something would get messed up since two requests were made almost simultaneously on my account for an unlock code. Nonetheless.. I'd like to unlock another phone but am unsure what's listed as being in use in their systems. I have three lines so I'm planning on unlocking at least three phones in the next few weeks.
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 8 Plus, Galaxy S8
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 6s [AT&T] & iPhone 7 [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z915 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10) + iPad Mini 4 w/ T-Mobile LTE

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast