Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Thread: Easy Unlock for AT&T Phones

Device(s)
    ASUS Zenfone 3 Deluxe, Nexus 4, Lumia 650 dual sim
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,
    Feedback Score
    Yes. As mentioned so many times in this thread, the standard (no fee) international roaming has to be on the account in order to be able get the unlock code. I do not know why, but that's just the way it is. Most accounts get this added automatically within 90 days of service, some earlier and some even later. It depends on ones credit rating I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by skyxliner
    I got my phone yesterday and I called in to request the unlock code.

they told me i had to call another department for them to place a "standard international roaming" provision on my account before i can receive the unlock code.

is this a lie?

Device(s)
    Pantech Matrix C740
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    sorry about that, it's really hard to read through 42 pages, someone should really update the first post haha =P

Feedback Score
    i need a How to Step by Step to get the unlock codes for my sony ericson w580i codes i already have the imei codes plz help!!!!!:P

Device(s)
    Pantech Matrix C740
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just got my 4 phones unlocked at one time 2 days after i opened my line. Had a very helpful customer rep haha.

During the standard international roaming added to the account, they asked some personal questions that were "supposedly" used for anti fraud and identity protection but I feel it was more of collecting customer information... anyone feel that was so? they asked about banking institutions.

but much thanks to this forum and the information for providing this. +1 to everyone if i could haha =P

Feedback Score
    this may sound silly, but should i call the 916 number on an at&t phone for the unlock code or can i use any carrier's phone to call?

Feedback Score
    actually, here's where I'm at. my service provider is tmobile and i have some cheap samsung phone. my mom just recently bought the tilt but does not like it so i was going to buy it from her. since i don't already have a smartphone/blackberry, will i need to add somethings on to my service to not be overly charged? and will i only need the unlock code for the phone and my tmobile sim card to have it work? again sorry if i sound like a 70 year old, I'm just not tech savvy.

Device(s)
    BB Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It isn't that you sound like a 70 yr old..it's that i'm not even sure you posted in the right thread?

1. What service provider does your mom have? AT&T?
    2. If it is then yes, put your sim card in after you enter the unlock code.
    3. do you need a data plan with it? might want to check the T-mobile forums for their requirements. But what's the point of using a smartphone if you have don't use the data portion of it.
    4. Oh, and your mom will have to call at&t for the unlock code.

Device(s)
    Nokia 5800 Navigation
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by msclassy226
    actually, here's where I'm at. my service provider is tmobile and i have some cheap samsung phone. my mom just recently bought the tilt but does not like it so i was going to buy it from her. since i don't already have a smartphone/blackberry, will i need to add somethings on to my service to not be overly charged? and will i only need the unlock code for the phone and my tmobile sim card to have it work? again sorry if i sound like a 70 year old, I'm just not tech savvy.
    Welcome to Howardforums. Your questions can probably be better answered in the T-Mobile forum. Please repost your questions there.
    T-Mobile Forum

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42