Thread: Can't send Text message while roaming

Phones
    iPhone
    V750
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Can't send Text message while roaming

I have a fusic (which I just got about a week or so ago)...while roaming on Verizon I am not able to send a text message....is this some sort of bug or are we just not allowed to send text messages while roaming?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Phone
    iPhone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Not sure about the Fusic, but not all Sprint phones have firmware that allows it. SMS while roaming used to not be supported by Sprint, but they seem to have changed that policy a couple of years ago. Some phones (new models) can, some can't, and Sprint is not known to issue firmware updates to support new funcationality in phones. For example Sanyo 2300 can receive SMS while roaming, but not send. Sanyo 2400 and Katana can do both.

Phones
    iPhone
    V750
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    That blows. I do notice that my firmware is not the most current one...I believe I am on V9 and there is V12....can anyone with a Fusic with the current firmware text while roaming?

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Nextel i830: MOT-A-5B/00.04 UP.Browser/7.0.2.2.c.1.108 (GUI) MMP/2.0 UP.Link/5.1.2.16)

Quote Originally Posted by bfbchief
    That blows. I do notice that my firmware is not the most current one...I believe I am on V9 and there is V12....can anyone with a Fusic with the current firmware text while roaming?
    The fusic with the latest firmware can do it. As a matter of fact, my brother who got the Fusic over five months ago, was able to text while roaming without any firmware updates.

Phones
    iPhone
    V750
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben 3861
    Wirelessly posted (Nextel i830: MOT-A-5B/00.04 UP.Browser/7.0.2.2.c.1.108 (GUI) MMP/2.0 UP.Link/5.1.2.16)

The fusic with the latest firmware can do it. As a matter of fact, my brother who got the Fusic over five months ago, was able to text while roaming without any firmware updates.

Hmmmm interesting...wonder why I can't...I did just get the latest PRL update yesterday, but I doubt that would be a problem....I guess I will just have to get the firmware updated when I get a chance.

Phone
    nexus 5
    Carrier
    sprintpcs
    Feedback Score
    i can recieve text messages & reply back thru my moto k1m while in dc metro's subway, verizon is boss down there, 800mhz digital - 1x, i can browse on opera mini, but sprint tv is a no no, verizon is a jealous network.
    >:-,

n810

"I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code"

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bfbchief
    Hmmmm interesting...wonder why I can't...I did just get the latest PRL update yesterday, but I doubt that would be a problem....I guess I will just have to get the firmware updated when I get a chance.
    There should be an option in your phone menu to update the software on the phone. Do the update and try to send a text while roaming.

Phones
    Motorola Moto X
    Motorola Moto X
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shqiptar
    There should be an option in your phone menu to update the software on the phone. Do the update and try to send a text while roaming.
    That option dosent really work on he fusic. Your are gonna have to go in-store.

Phones
    iPhone
    V750
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368
    That option dosent really work on he fusic. Your are gonna have to go in-store.
    Correct it DOES NOT work....I have tried it many times. I really wish it would...save me a trip to the store...there isn't one close to my house.