Phones
    360gb Zune Phone
    200gb Moto Razr
    4gb Iphone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Locked sim? Enter PUK

I thought I was assigning a pin code to my iphones sim card but after entering a pin it says "locked sim" in the upper left corner of my screen. And I can't get it back to normal use.

I restarted the phone and when it gets back to the home screen it says

PUK Locked
    Your SIM cannot be accessed. Please call your carrier to obtain your PUK code.

What did I do wrong here?

Feedback Score
    not sure what you did wrong, but you can obtain the PUK code for your SIM from att's website--log into your account. you will reach the "account summary" page. if you have more than one line on your acct, navigate to the line for your sim-locked iphone. then click on the "PHONE/DEVICE" link (above the picture of your iphone) and then next page will have a "SIM UNBLOCK" link. click on that link, and you'll get a window with the PUK code for your SIM.

ken

Phones
    Retired: iPhone 3G White, iPhone 2G, Nokia N81, N75, E61i, Sharp 903SH @ UK FW, SE K800i
    Currently Using: Nexus One
    Thinking of getting: -------
    Carrier
    T-Mobile (USA)
    Feedback Score
    if i remember correctly, PUK will appear after you input several wrong PIN code :P

Phones
    Sony Ericsson Xperia X1|HTC Fuze
    Too much more to mention...
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by illution
    if i remember correctly, PUK will appear after you input several wrong PIN code :P
    Haha but no. Have you tried this method yourself? How much was your new simcard?
    1000 posts 08/15/07 @ 12:02am / 2K posts 05/22/08 @ 10:47pm
    Sony Ericsson K850i speedtest

Carriers
    T-Mobile (current)
    Verizon, Sprint (1997-2007)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb252
    Haha but no. Have you tried this method yourself? How much was your new simcard?
    Free, if you go to the right Corp store, explain your dilemna and ask politely.

Phones
    360gb Zune Phone
    200gb Moto Razr
    4gb Iphone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks but yes I found the code on my account.

Phones
    Retired: iPhone 3G White, iPhone 2G, Nokia N81, N75, E61i, Sharp 903SH @ UK FW, SE K800i
    Currently Using: Nexus One
    Thinking of getting: -------
    Carrier
    T-Mobile (USA)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb252
    actually that's what happened to me back home because my little cousin was playing around with my phone and he turned my phone off and on but he doesn't know my pin code so he keep trying and it was locked and showing "Enter PUK Code"
    I gotta call the carriers to grab the number and voila it's unlocked again

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    This gets really, really old after a while. People go in to thier phones and start messing with codes, PINs, and settings that they don't need to be messing with. Word to the wise: after 3 failed attempts to enter a PUK code on the SIM card, the SIM card assumes it has been stolen and it fries itself out. Then you have to go to the AT&T store and ask for a new card. Most Core stores will give you one for free; most third-party agents will not.

Save yourself the trouble and stop messing with your SIM cards. There is no logical need to ever, ever set a SIM PIN lock in this country. If your phone is stolen, call customer service, have the account suspended, then go to the nearest AT&T store and have them activate you a new SIM card; when that happens, the stolen SIM will become inactive anyways.

Phones
    HTC G1
    iPhone 3G 16GB (sold)
    iPhone 2G 8GB (sold)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I love it when the morons try to play it off that they didn't do anything. So you didn't go in the security settings, and change any PIN codes? "No." So the PIN lock was magically enabled? Just admit to it, you were being a ******* and you messed up your SIM card.

Quote Originally Posted by JP Whoregan
    This gets really, really old after a while. People go in to thier phones and start messing with codes, PINs, and settings that they don't need to be messing with. Word to the wise: after 3 failed attempts to enter a PUK code on the SIM card, the SIM card assumes it has been stolen and it fries itself out. Then you have to go to the AT&T store and ask for a new card. Most Core stores will give you one for free; most third-party agents will not.

Save yourself the trouble and stop messing with your SIM cards. There is no logical need to ever, ever set a SIM PIN lock in this country. If your phone is stolen, call customer service, have the account suspended, then go to the nearest AT&T store and have them activate you a new SIM card; when that happens, the stolen SIM will become inactive anyways.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyosei
    I love it when the morons try to play it off that they didn't do anything. So you didn't go in the security settings, and change any PIN codes? "No." So the PIN lock was magically enabled? Just admit to it, you were being a ******* and you messed up your SIM card.
    Or they come up with the excuse "my little brother was messing with my phone and now the SIM is locked"...to which I respond "why are you letting a small child play with a delicate, expensive piece of electronics that will cost you $350 to replace?"....

regardless, I will give somebody a free SIM card as long as they're honest with me When they sit there and play the "it just magically happened" game, I make them sweat for a while Then I not thier account that they've recieved a free SIM card due to "user error", and that they are to recieve no more free SIM cards now that I've educated them not to go messing with thier phone.