Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: New LG VX8300 Firmware (Version 04)- What Does It Do?

Device(s)
    LG VX8350- Speakerphone shizzle =]
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon.
    Feedback Score

New LG VX8300 Firmware (Version 04)- What Does It Do?

Apparently some new firmware got released for the LG 8300 (V04) on July 20th... any idea what it does?

Am especially interested if it changes anything in the following areas:

1- Reception in fringe areas

2- More UI themes (like Rainbow, etc.)

3- Disables the ability to picture mail ringtones to yourself (am hoping this is not the case, though frankly I'm not sure it was possible under V03?)

Many thanks for any info.

PS- I'm aware that there's a 'sticky' thread about upgrading/downgrading 8300 firmware, but there's no real discussion of what's actually in V04 in that thread (as of this writing, anyway).

Device(s)
    LG VX9100 (Env2) VX910V07
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    News to me. Now some kind soul (corys00 ) needs to post it so I can flash my phone.
    Personal messages asking where to get LGDownload or QPST are immediately deleted, so don't bother. They aren't hard to find, search google and mobile-files.com.

Device(s)
    LG VX 8300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    is there anyone that may be able to go by a Verizon store and see if they actually have the update yet?

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Can someone confirm that this is actually true? The only source seems to be a poster on Phonescoop.

Device(s)
    LG env2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Lou
    Can someone confirm that this is actually true? The only source seems to be a poster on Phonescoop.
    This is true. There is a V04 software that has been announced for the VX8300. No word on what exactly it does (or doesn't) do quite yet. The store I'm in hasn't received it yet since it's so new. Usually takes a week or two (and can be longer) before all stores will receive the update. The best bet is to call a store and ask and speak to a technician or a CSR to see if they have it.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelin
    The best bet is to call a store and ask and speak to a technician or a CSR to see if they have it.
    If you call a store and ask if they have the latest firmware for the 8300, they will ALWAYS say yes. If you then ask if it is the new V04 firmware, they will still answer in the affirmative. They always think they have the latest.

So, when you do call, you do NOT tell them the version number of the latest firmware, you MAKE them go and look - ask them specifically for the version number of the latest firmware they have for the 8300. Obviously don't be a pain in the a$$ about it, just be pleasant and they will check for you.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Just called a corporate store in JAX, the guy that answered the phone wasn't sure of the version number, but claimed that they had the latest. He transfered me to someone that supposedly could tell me. However the number that he transfered me to rang for 3 minutes then gave me the disconnect tone. No Dice.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkandgeek
    the guy that answered the phone wasn't sure of the version number, but claimed that they had the latest.
    lol ... yep, and that's exactly what I meant.

Device(s)
    LG VX8350- Speakerphone shizzle =]
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon.
    Feedback Score
    So... no one has seen Version 04 yet, or knows what it does?

Device(s)
    LG enV3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I took my replacement Asurion phone to be re-flashed with V03 (problems playing MP3’s). The Tech claimed he had the V04 software; give him 1 hour and we could test if that fixes it... When I came back he claimed he did not have the software and recommended I called Asurion. So – The Store in Cleveland, Ohio did not have the software as of today.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1qazx
    I took my replacement Asurion phone to be re-flashed with V03 (problems playing MP3’s). The Tech claimed he had the V04 software; give him 1 hour and we could test if that fixes it... When I came back he claimed he did not have the software and recommended I called Asurion. So – The Store in Cleveland, Ohio did not have the software as of today.
    no one has seen the V04 software. It was reported, and that was the last we've heard of it.

Device(s)
    HTC EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I've received a few PMs about it and while yes, it's been approved, no store has it yet. Ya'll know when it's out I'll share it

Device(s)
    VX8300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

v04 in Scottsdale, AZ tonight!

Today I happened to be in a verizon store in Scottsdale, wondering if they had a way to disable the play button on the front of my phone. The tech guy said he couldn't with V03, he could've with v1, and that they're getting v04 in tonight. Basically a "come back tomorrow".

When I asked about additional bluetooth capibilities, he said to check howardforums... I thought that was pretty funny.

So go in tomorrow and hope for the best.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    thats awesome, a verizon employee told you to check here for info on unreleased stuff!

Device(s)
    MyTouch 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just got V04 installed on my phone.

I went into a corp store and at first they didn't know what I was talking about and then the guy that was helping me was like "hold on let me check an email we got" so they got the firmware in today, but he didn't tell me what it does.

From what I saw from looking through my phone, I didn't find anything different than V03, or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

Just wanted to tell everyone I got it

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast