Thread: ****Official T-Mobile Blast Thread****

Phones
    t509
    Blast!
    G1
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It will take any size image and autoformat it for your wallpaper. Dunno about any other themes.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The blast is QCIF which is 176x144.

No themes. Those two are all forever.

Feedback Score

New to the forums Blast questions

Hello all I have a few questions

1. Is it possible to make your own ringtones, Do you need an SD card to do it?

2. Are the ringtones assignable to specific callers

Im sorry I just got this phone bc I lost my razor v3 (which I didn't like anyway) and I needed something in a hurry.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1. Yes, No

2. Yes

Phone
    HTC Google G1
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Two questions after living with this phone for a few days.

1 - Is there an easy way to add vibration to an MP3 ringtone?

2 - Is there a way to change the Pink highlight on the phone.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not sure about 1. Does the blast have vibrate and ring? It will all be self explanatory on the options you're presented with when selection the ringtone.

As for the color, no. Any themes that come on the phone are all you get. Even the unbranded samsungs are like that. No themes. The g600 has support for themes, and possibly some of the upcoming samsungs. But the blast definitely not.

Phone
    Samsung Blast
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hi! I just got a Blast, and I have 2 quick questions about it. What is the video format that it takes? I've read that it can read MP4s, but what about bitrates and resolutions? Also, is it not possible to be signed into more than 1 IM type at a time?

Phone
    Samsung Blast
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sorry for double posting, but it seems I can't edit my other post. Also, why does my memory card sometimes show up as empty and sometimes show up with the correct files in it?

Phones
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Sony-Ericsson Equinox (12th)
    BB-8900 (11th)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile,
    Feedback Score

Question Problems with some calendar functions & alarms...

Sorry if I'm duplicating here. Should have done a "search" before posting previously in the Samsung & T-Mobile forums...but here's my question.

Has anyone experienced problems with the calendar within the organizer? For instance, a message will pop-up on the screen stating I have 9 events, and would I like to view them. I click the left soft-key for "yes", but then the screen just re-sets back to it's normal view and doesn't show me any events! If I leave the slider open, then the phone will re-set (shut off, then on).

The other glitch is within the calendar selection for "missed calendar events". If I click on this, the phone pauses...then freezes, then re-sets by turning off then on.

What gives?

Any suggestions? A T-Mobile tech suggested I do a "master reset". Not sure if this will help.

I got this phone to replace my Dash because I never used the Dash to it's full potential. I rarely surfed the web on it, and never Wi-Fi'd. I only needed a phone to access simple text e-mail and to do some texting on it. When I had the Dash I sometimes looked at attachments, but it was aggrevating scrolling left/right to view them, so with large attachments I ended up looking at my home computer anyhow. So long story longer, I thought the Blast would fit my needs perfectly. Also thought it would be nice to save some money, since the Blast only requires the $5.99 plan, versus the $19 one for the Dash.

Everything else about the Blast works fine, including my AOL e-mail. It's just this calendar/event and alarm thing!

Let me know.

Thanks much in advance!
    Chris C.

Phones
    Nokia Nuron(5230)
    Nokia 5230(Nuron)
    Samsung Blast (dead)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    (My tidbits)
    One: Secret codes that work for the blast(Tested specifically on this phone, a lot do not work so saves a lot of people effort of trying)
    First of all I have googled for literally hours trying to find a solution, testing nearly every code(even some random ones not listed just to try to get something to work) and rarely get any code to work.

Software version: *#9999#
    IMEI number: *#06# OR #*1300#
    IMSI: #*1400#
    Trace Setting(Whats this?): *#8999*5282#
    Test Menu: *#8999*8378#
    LCD Brightness: *#8999*523#
    GPSR Tool: *#4777*8665#
    User Agent:*#92782#
    Browser Profiles: *#87927#
    Bluetooth MAC Adress: *#232337#
    Debug Mode: *#8999*667#
    **Restarts Phone (Resets Wap Settings): #*7337#
    Warning!!! DO NOT use the above code unless absolutely necessary! Will not erase data such as contacts like the full reset code, but will erase ALL settings. This will also make your IMEI 000000 00 000000/002.
    However one perk to that code is it will reset global call times to 0 and unlock your phone, while full E2P Reset will erase everything and keep your call timers.

JAVA Mode: #*5737425#
    Bluetooth Test mode: #*3888#
    Task screen: #*7828#
    Phone lock status :*#7465625#
    ---------------Note below--------------------
    Enables Network lock: *7465625*638*Code#
    Disables Network lock: #7465625*638*Code#
    Enables Subset lock: *7465625*782*Code#
    Disables Subset lock: #7465625*782*Code#
    Enables SP lock: *7465625*77*Code#
    Disables SP lock: #7465625*77*Code#
    Enables CP lock: *7465625*27*Code#
    Disables CP lock: #7465625*27*Code#
    Enables SIM lock: *7465625*746*Code#
    Disables SIM lock: #7465625*746*Code#
    ---------------------NOTE-----------------------
    CODE is an 8 digit code that is unique to your phone.
    You must use software like NokiaFree to calculate the code from the IMEI.
    Also note that NokiaFree does not calculate for the Blast
    --------------------------------------------------
    MIC Off: #*6420#
    MIC On: #*6421#
    MIC Data: #*6422#
    MIC Measurement: #*6428#

While I didn't Test any of the *2767__ codes for obvious reasons, they may work. As for all the others listed on any site, the above are the only that I have found to work on the Blast. Not sure what the Trace Setting Menu is, but checking certain things such as display etc had no apparent effect at the time.

Two: Need cases for the Samsung Blast?
    I went to a tmobile store recently because I HATE the cases online for the Blast. Cases for other phones can work. Depending on the size and shape some will fit perfectly. I put my phone in a case for the RAZR or may have been for the RIZR(Just a pouch about 3"x6" with a foam interior). Fit perfectly in there.. Sadly my phone is already scratched heh.

(To the above post)
    May not be a solution to your problem, but I would also like to mention with your calendar problem that sometimes calendar events that have been edited will have the alarm, but when you choose to view it, you get a message such as "No event found" or another message saying it doesnt exist... Have to go into the Missed Alarm Events and manually view and confirm it. Rather annoying.

Need to edit an event to a different time or day? I recommend just making a new one if you dont want to go to missed alarm events all the time.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by atownakaatl
    I just got the Blast yesterday, i love the way it looks and its thin and lite, but one thing i did notice was that when people talk to me i cant hear them loud enough as my old phone everybody can hear me clear but i cant hear them louder it sounds so low, what do i do???
    I have the opposite problem, personally. Though I have found that using the included hands-free accessory the volume quality is increased dramatically. Comparing to the speaker in the phone, Level 7 volume(full) through the phone's speaker has about the same volume as Level 3 from the hands-free earbud.

((Hate making multiple posts so I may edit this when I have other suggestions or questions within the next few minutes))

Phones
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Sony-Ericsson Equinox (12th)
    BB-8900 (11th)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile,
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Prada87...I believe though it might have been two things. 1st, it might have been my fault for the way I entered some of the calendar dates. When entering in B-Day's, Anniversaries for "past" dates, I by mistake put in 2008 instead of 2009. I think this caused a "confusion" within the phones memory. I also could have entered in some future dates and info wrong.

My phone then also had a problem with the AOL e-mail feature. It worked fined for awhile till I did the master reset...then it wiped out all the settings for the e-mail's! T-Mobile then ended up sending me a replacement handset.

But now I'm having an issue with this one! My calendar, alarms and e-mail all works fine now, but my keypad now has a short in it. If I'm typing along on an e-mail or text, the phone will all of a sudden go "ch-ching", state it's saving my text/e-mail to drafts, and it re-sets itself back to the main screen! I then have to go back into e-mail or text...go into drafts, pull back up the e-mail or text, hit edit and continue. It happens after so many words, especially if I hit the "op" & "L" keys...and even more so if I hit the alt key and use the two keys I just described. Very frustrating!

So I'll have T-Mobile send me out another one! Hope 3rd time is the charm!

Phones
    Nokia Nuron(5230)
    Nokia 5230(Nuron)
    Samsung Blast (dead)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Samsung Blast (t729) Low Call Volume/Poor Call Quality Fix

Playing around and after hearing about multiple complaints about the blast's call volume I came up with decent settings for most users. However you may test for yourself to see your preferred settings.

While I do not know exactly what everything is, I have modified them to find a louder volume with good quality. If you think it can be improved upon, please let me know.

Step 1 - Enter the code *#8999*8378# to enter the Test Menu.
    Step 2 - Go to 2 - H/W test
    Step 3 - Go to 2 - Audio Settings
    Step 4 - Go to 1 - VOICE(NORMAL)
    Step 5 - WRITE DOWN ALL DEFAULT SETTINGS!
    Step 6 - Enter the following settings:

MIC gain - 1
    Tx PGA - 155
    Side PGA - 31
    Ear gain - 5
    HFR gain - 10
    Rx PGA - 90
    [[No need to adjust the remaining settings]]

If you experience any problems, go back through steps 1-4 and enter the default settings you should have written down.

Phones
    Nokia Nuron(5230)
    Nokia 5230(Nuron)
    Samsung Blast (dead)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Question: Any way to access the filesystem via any hacks etc? (Not the areas that PC Studio offers, hidden areas)

Tip:

How do add words to your Samsung Blast T9 dictionary:

Using the regular Alpha entry to type a word. Switch over to T9 and enter the word. It should come up. After you enter it in the T9 this way, even if you exit the text it should be saved. If you exit after entering it through regular entry and not t9, it will not save.

Feedback Score

speaker

I've had the blast for months now and the speaker volume has always been great but now it has gotten very low. Both when talking on the phone and just listening to music. Taking battery out didn't help. Is it just a setting or a reset? bad speaker?

Phones
    Nokia Nuron(5230)
    Nokia 5230(Nuron)
    Samsung Blast (dead)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Tutorial:

How to virtually disable the shutter sound on the Blast

1. On the main screen, enter *#8999*8378#
    2. Go to 2-H/W test
    3. Go to 2-Audio Settings
    4. Go to 10-MIDI(NORMAL)
    5. Note your current settings and write them somewhere safe!
    6. Use the following settings(anything not listed is fine):
    Ear gain - 10
    Rx vol.
    1 and 2 are the volume for Volume(1) setting.
    3 and 4 are the volume for Volume(2) setting.
    (And so on up to 13 and 14 for 7)

1 and 2 set to 1(Wont let you set to 0, only dogs will really be able to hear it at this level with the ear gain at 10, but if you feel it is still too loud, feel free to experiment lowering the ear gain and raising the volume settings for 2-7)

13 and 14 I have found a good setting at 3000.

My settings:

Ear gain - 10
    HFR gain - 15
    --Rx vol.
    Level 1 - 1
    Level 2 - 1
    Level 3 - 500
    Level 4 - 500
    Level 5 - 700
    Level 6 - 700
    Level 7 - 900
    Level 8 - 900
    Level 9 - 1500
    Level 10 - 1500
    Level 11 - 2200
    Level 12 - 2200
    Level 13 - 3000
    Level 14 - 3000

****NOTE:****
    Any level you set to 1 with ear gain at 10 will be virtually silent at this volume level.
    If you have 1 and 2 at 1, when you have your phone's volume at 1, every midi(alarms etc) will be quiet! Best thing is to only change to this volume level when you want to take a picture.

Also. You can set any level to be quiet. For example, if you want it to be quiet when volume is at 3, just change 5 and 6 to 1, and have 1 and 2 at 500 or whatever you decide a good level is.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast