Thread: Unpairing Bluetooth Headset

Phone
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Smile Unpairing Bluetooth Headset

I just picked up a new phone but can't find a way to unpair my Samsung headset. I've been on Samsung's site and searched this forum's posts with no success.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks!

Phone
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carriers
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Unpair what from where? and why?

Bluetooth headsets will usually only remember the most recent pairing or two... get a new phone... put the headset in pairing mode, and have the new phone discover it and pair...

i.e. I have multiple phones... To use my Moto HS820 or Nokia with more than TWO phones, I have to keep re-pairing the headset with the phones...

Lets say I'm using my HS820 with my E815(personal), and then also pair/uesr it with my Blackberry (work)... Fine, it works with either. I just have to manually connect/disconnect the headset from the phone's menu each time.

If I switch out my E815 for my LG enV, I have to pair the HS820 with the enV. It still works with the Blackberry.

But, now I switch from the enV BACK to my E815... I have to repair the HS820 with BOTH the E815 and BB... why? because when I paired the HS820 with the enV, the headset lost the E815 pairing because it was the "oldest"... Repair with the E815, the HS820 drops the oldest pairing which is the BB... So to use the BB again, I need to repair so the "oldest pairing" (now the enV) is gone...
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Phone
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    huh, works just like the RPN stacks in an old HP calculator then. When I try the discovery process my iPhone just looks endlessly for my Samsung headset. But you've given me an idea: manually unpair it from my old Samsung phone using my phone's menu...

Phone
    Carriers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BeoWuff
    ..But you've given me an idea: manually unpair it from my old Samsung phone using my phone's menu...
    Unpairing from the phone does NOTHING to what the Headset remembers for pairings..

When your iPhone is looking of it... is the headset in pairing mode?

I'm not familure with Samsung headsets, but my Moto's need to manually be placed into pairing mode, or my phones/PC wont find the headset when trying to discover "devices in range."

Phone
    Carriers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MVAIR
    Ok, after running the seem edits, I can no longer get my E815 to look for a bluetooth headset. Any suggestions on here?
    Well... that really all depends on your wireless carrier, and what seem edits you've done. There are MANY MANY seem edits.

I hope that you backed up your seems before you edited them... so I'd suggest you restore the original seems... then pop over to the section for your wireless carrier and post a message there...