Thread: porting a number to cricket

Phones
    Ocean
    Slider Remix
    Carriers
    Helio
    Feedback Score

porting a number to cricket

i've never ported any numbers before, and i have alltel right now, but would like to port my number over to cricket. can someone please explain the best way to do this for me please?

Phones
    Audiovox XV6700 - Cricket
    cricket - mafia . com
    Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    You need to sign up for a cricket account, then call cricket and have them port the number.. it should take a day or so (this might be different now, it was like 4 years ago that I ported mine... on the first week that porting started)...

It was a pretty painless process. you'll have a different number with cricket until they port your number from alltel, but like I said, that should take less than a day (I'm assuming it's almost instant now).

Phones
    PPC 6600
    xv 6700
    PPC 6800
    Carrier
    CRICKET
    Feedback Score
    cricket will take care of everything. keep in mind you will have to get your number from them to program your phone. on my ppc phones most every setting uses the ported number ...like my internet and voicemail. it seems just one place needed the cricket I'd phone number...

my ported number took a couple of days for cingular to release...before cricket could port

Phones
    6275i
    8900 curve
    Carriers
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    activate a cricket account (cricket will assign you a number). call 866-351-PORT to port your number

Phones
    Motorola Q (Cricket)
    V3c (Cricket - Backup)
    Mot-C168i (at&t)
    Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    As said porting should be pretty painless, It will be pretty painless for you. You just need to *not* cancel the contract your in with alltel and it should be fine. You also have to be paid up with alltel for you to do it.
    I am offline until further notice due to some .... talks with the ISP. I will return as soon as possible. (UT:November 24, 2007 8:30AM AZ Time)

Phone
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    My friend took over 2 weeks to port with Cricket. She called about 15 times, they kept saying their system was having problems. Worst porting experience I've ever seen. One day her number just started working.
    -------------------------------------------
    Isriam
    Want 20GB of FREE storage? Much better than Dropbox with better software, service, and rules! +5GB for every referral you get! Click me

Phones
    6275i
    8900 curve
    Carriers
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Isriam
    My friend took over 2 weeks to port with Cricket. She called about 15 times, they kept saying their system was having problems. Worst porting experience I've ever seen. One day her number just started working.
    that's not possible for it to just start working. cricket will keep your phone on the cricket assigned number until porting is complete and the port team is on the phone with you to change you account to the new number. and you will have to reprogram the NAM info. this is the process:

call in to initiate the port.
    wait 4 hours while the magic happens
    call back (or sometimes they'll call you). if the port was successful they will put your ported number onto your account. and give you instructions to reprogram the phone (*228)

there was a period about a month or two ago when the support services contract changed to a new vendor and no ports were going through due to insufficient training at the new vendor. (also the reason for the decrease in quality of customer service as of late)
    usually though it will go through in the first 4 hours unless you give them the wrong info.

Phone
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Oh its possible because we did it.

called in and requested number ported
    waited 3 weeks with multiple calls saying our number was in the queue
    got a text from cricket saying number was ported. did *228.

Phones
    6275i
    8900 curve
    Carriers
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    Oh its possible because we did it.

called in and requested number ported
    waited 3 weeks with multiple calls saying our number was in the queue
    got a text from cricket saying number was ported. did *228.

so they told you it was done and you did a *228... it didn't just start working.

Phone
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    yea, the point was 3 WEEKS after the request went in. That is unacceptable for a simple port.

Phones
    Motorola Q (Cricket)
    V3c (Cricket - Backup)
    Mot-C168i (at&t)
    Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    yea, the point was 3 WEEKS after the request went in. That is unacceptable for a simple port.
    Go tell that to her previous provider who is the one who has to release it.

Phone
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    It was Cingular. I worked for Cingular, and the number was released :P

Phones
    Sidekick 3
    HTC Dash
    Motorola V600
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    thats exactly how porting works one day your number just starts working without any notification

Phone
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    it works both ways, but my friend got a text saying her number port had been completed. i could not believe it took 3 weeks. i even called myself. i've ported numbers to cingular before and its done within a few hours.