Thread: Do you get charged long distance if the call is incoming?

Phones
    Nokia N95-4
    Nokia 8801, 8800 Sirocco, Black 8890
    Nokia N80, SE S710a
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

Do you get charged long distance if the call is incoming?

If I answer a call that is long distance, do I get charged long distance fees aswell?

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    There is no charge for incoming long distance on any phone system in the United States, either cellular or landline.
    Earl F. Parrish

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Not sure about Rogers, but when we roam in other countries, we pay the per minute international roaming rates, regardless of the call's origin.

If I'm in Canada and take a call from someone in Canada, they'd have to pay LD charges for calling the US, and I'd have to pay international roaming for being in Canada. I have never heard of LD charges being tacked on to international roaming - the roaming charge includes the LD charge.

Phones
    Nokia N95-4
    Nokia 8801, 8800 Sirocco, Black 8890
    Nokia N80, SE S710a
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by awj223
    Not sure about Rogers, but when we roam in other countries, we pay the per minute international roaming rates, regardless of the call's origin.

If I'm in Canada and take a call from someone in Canada, they'd have to pay LD charges for calling the US, and I'd have to pay international roaming for being in Canada. I have never heard of LD charges being tacked on to international roaming - the roaming charge includes the LD charge.
    Hey, yea I wasn't planning on using Rogers... I'm going to be using ATT because I go to school in NY
    I just wanted to see if I needed to order digital phone for my house or not (for free long distance)... but I guess I don't need to (can just tell whoever to call me back instead)
    Thanks guys