Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best phone for weak Verizon signal?

Feedback Score

Best phone for weak Verizon signal?

Which are the most reliable Verizon phones for picking up Verizon signals in fringe signal areas or in buildings? I don't do internet by phone or even use a phone camera. Just need a basic phone.

Phones
    Motorola Maxx Ve- Probably the best phone I've ever had!
    Droid Eris- Good Riddance
    Droid Bionic- Once again back to moto build quality
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Looking at T-Mobile Prepaid 4G
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bertal
    Which are the most reliable Verizon phones for picking up Verizon signals in fringe signal areas or in buildings? I don't do internet by phone or even use a phone camera. Just need a basic phone.
    v325i or if you can get it, an E815.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Phones
    BB Curve
    BB 8700c
    XV 6800 Verizon
    Carriers
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    or a LG 8300

Phones
    LG VX8350- Speakerphone shizzle =]
    Sammy 530- Since '04; #1 backup
    Nokia 6256- Craptastic hinge broke; benchwarmer
    Carriers
    Verizon.
    Feedback Score
    If LG 8300, make sure it has the new Version 04 firmware, allegedly that improves reception performance in low signal areas.

Some older Nokias are also very good in low signal areas... phones like the 2128i, 3589, and 6256i.

Phone
    Android/Linux
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock2

Some older Nokias are also very good in low signal areas... phones like the 2128i, 3589, and 6256i.
    And the 6236i. All had great reception but be quick as they are discontinued.

Phones
    Carriers
    Verizon.
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, true dat. It's just so sad that Nokia and Verizon can't get along.

Now all we get are Nokia-branded Pantechs, not the true Nokias anymore.

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    That's not because VZW and Nokia don't get along but rather because Nokia ceased to develop and manufacture CDMA handsets.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Carriers
    Verizon (now)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    get the Motorola V325i while you still can. Some Verizon stores still have them and you can get them from indirects.

Phone
    iPhone 8GB
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyinLACA
    get the Motorola V325i while you still can. Some Verizon stores still have them and you can get them from indirects.
    listen to him^ they discontined the phone and keep what they have. once they sell out there out or if they dont sell at all there back to the warehouse.

Phones
    Moto W385 (until a VZW iPhone......)
    Panasonic GD-55 (GSM f/International)
    Moto e815 (RIP as partially functioning spare))
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Get an e815 off of eBay. It continues to be VZW's all-time best for reception. Nothing fancy. But, it works great for basic phone service.

Phone
    Samsung SCH-i760
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Either the Motorola W385 or LG 8300.

Phones
    Carriers
    Verizon.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XFF
    That's not because VZW and Nokia don't get along but rather because Nokia ceased to develop and manufacture CDMA handsets.
    Chicken and the egg.

Phone
    Blackberry Curve
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Since '95
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XFF
    Its more like Nokia didnt understand the US market at all, shipped stuff way to late that was desirable to few, didnt sell well, rebranded some awful Korean phones, and THEN, ceased CDMA production.

Nokia has only themselves to blame for failing in the US CDMA market.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyinLACA
    I liked the V325I, ALOT, but I wouldn't take any of them that are still left out there. Towards the end of its run the quality control on that model went to hell. We went from a 2% return rate up to almost 25%. Go for a W385 instead.

I have to voice my opnion of the E815 as well. This phone had the best RF of any phone Verizon has sold. That being said, the construction and design of everything else was absolute and total garbage. A housing design that can only be explained that it was designed by a crazy person, a flex cable that will eventually fail, leaving you with no screen backlight or no screen at all, and that awful, charging system. Any of them you find now, WILL be out of warranty, and WILL fail you rather quickly.
    Hi there. I'm the guy on the other side of the counter. If you're a jerk to me, guess how hard I'm going to try to help you?

Phones
    Moto W385 (until a VZW iPhone......)
    Panasonic GD-55 (GSM f/International)
    Moto e815 (RIP as partially functioning spare))
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB
    I have to voice my opinion of the E815 as well. This phone had the best RF of any phone Verizon has sold. That being said, the construction and design of everything else was absolute and total garbage. A housing design that can only be explained that it was designed by a crazy person, a flex cable that will eventually fail, leaving you with no screen backlight or no screen at all, and that awful, charging system. Any of them you find now, WILL be out of warranty, and WILL fail you rather quickly.
    I've had two e815's for over 2 years. Both are used everyday and both are doing fine! All of the above may well be true. However, I haven't had any of these issues yet. But, all phones fail eventually. I'll trade the great RF for the "risk" any day.

Phone
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Motorola V325i
    >>Recent Cellular Phone History: ...Motorola RIZR Z6tv, LG VX9100 enV2, Apple iPhone 3G, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Apple iPhone 3GS, Motorola DROID, Google Nexus One, HTC Tattoo, Apple iPhone 4

Motorola Droid [Gingerbread GPA12 with 1.00Ghz_LV_V0.1.zip 450MHz/1GHz Interactive via Peter Alfonso]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast