Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Phones
    iPhone
    Nokia N95 8GB
    Carrier
    The New AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Here's the list so far, from the posts here and other sites in the first 5 hours since 1.0.2 has been out.

REPORTED BUGS NEW TO 1.0.2, OR AT LEAST HAPPENING MORE FREQUENTLY WITH 1.0.2

1) Playing music in iPod then surfing in Safari caused iPod music playback to stop. Was scrolling pretty fast up and down the MSNBC home page which is several pages worth in portrait mode. Fast as in seeing the gray-white matrix show when Safari hasn't repainted the display. When re-entering iPod app, music was not paused, it was simply stopped and no indication that it has ever played. This occurred with 8 Safari browsers running at the same time. Last page being viewed was MSNBC. With 1.0.0 I had seen this. 1.0.1 seemed to have fixed this for me. 1.0.2 seems to have broken it again.

2) Possible increased battery depletion. Please monitor this and see if you experience this. Could be the increased WiFi and/or Edge speeds seen sucking the battery down faster. I personally would rather have better speeds since a charger is not too far away (car, house, work, etc).

REPORTED ISSUES

1) People who've hacked anything (except for just Ring Tones) are experiencing, once again, issues updating. Play with fire, you get burned. Backup fools. Many reported iPhoneringtonemaker is the only hack to not force restore.

REPORTED FIXES

1) Wi-fi connections "seem" better.

2) Wi-fi connections way faster.

3) Safari is snappier.

4) Secondary email setup (POP3 then later on added GMail) now is holding onto password, was forgetting it with 1.0.0 and 1.0.1. Verified on more than one iPhone! A true bug fix.

5) Photos menu forward photo now is displaying "Send to Web Gallery" consistantly if you have .Mac email setup. Was sometimes working, was sometimes not working. Seems to work consistantly now.

6) Share url button in Safari added. Allows you to quickly email the URL to someone or multiple people. New feature added.

7) Phone signal fluctuation problem when standing in one place fixed.

8) Sometimes you couldn't close vertical tabs while in landscape mode because the title of the pages would block out the close button. Now, if you switch modes with multiple pages open, the tabs automatically change to the correct mode and you can close them properly!

9) You are now able to scroll properly in Safari as the page is still loading whereas before it would mostly not allow you to scroll.

10) While in Safari if you tap the top tool bar it will scroll back to the top of the page.
    Update: Was in previous version pre 1.0.2

11) Learning dictionary is actually learning. The "vrillusions" user name example, or other "weird" usernames not in standard dictionaries.

12) More visible sliderbar appears when you touch the quick alpha-shortcut tab in the contact view and ipod albums views.

Please reply if you can verify these, dispute these, or want to add one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGirl
    I'm anxious for new features from Apple too. Rather than going the incompetence or sinister contempt route, I would speculate that they have their developers focusing on leopard development. Didn't Jobs say they delayed finishing leopard in favor of the iPhone? Well, a lot of their developers probably are tasked with leopard code now, and a lot of that will probably get rolled into iPhone updates since they share core code.

Two months is not a lot of time to prioritize features, get the troops going, write the code, test the code, comply with Apple's attention to UI polish, roll it out. Since the "Windows realm" was brought up, they don't work in these kinds of timeframes for significant updates either. There's a laundry list of bugs/feature-deficiencies that have gone unadressed in a lot of their products for years.

I don't like Apple's lack of disclosure either, but they have a decent track record of pushing out updates with nice features, so I'm still in the wait-and-see phase of things. So far, even with all the limitations, I enjoy using my iPhone more than any other phone I've owned, but that's just my opinion.

I'm trying to hold you composure about it...or at least I wish I could......in fact...your's is the best I've seen...

there is not many that will dump the coin to sit around and wait...especially considering the functionality level....

the thing that probably puzzles me the most....is to think about the Apple employees...."the code developers".....surely they own cell phones themselves....and know of the functions of modern phones...like simple things...MMS...custom dash's...backgrounds(not wallpaper's)...ringtones....what about PTT....3rd party apps...video...steady shot...digital zoom...basic functionality(copy/paste).....etc.....I could go on to mention how Safari crashes constantly....and landscape keyboard get's slow....but whatever....

2 months.....blah.....it should have already been here....all I ask for is at least one update that makes the 600 bone sit easier....

Feedback Score
    in all fairness though, would it have been that hard for apple to release an official press release? i'm beginning to think they do this for kicks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ras4119
    i tried to do a group text...and was not able to do it.. did you really get that with the update?

same here. can't do group sms.

Phones
    iPhone
    BB Curve
    v635
    Carriers
    at&t
    deanfx@gmail.com
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GeeK.dLL

6) Share url button in Safari added. Allows you to quickly email the URL to someone or multiple people. New feature added.

I don't see a share url button in safari.

Phones
    iPhone 3GS 16GB Black
    iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    RAZR V3i
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLeft
    I am keeping my fingers crossed, but since I installed the update my signal no longer bounces between full (5 bar) and no bars when it is sitting still on a table. It is rock solid. I have been watching it for the last 5 minutes and no change. It would always fluctuate before the update. Time will tell if this is really a fix.

There is signal fluctuation when moving the phone around, but it is as you would expect - dropping when moving it under an object (like a desk) and then coming back to full signal when put back on top of the desk. If anyone else notices a difference, please let us know.
    My reception bars are also not fluctuating at my house now which is really strange. Its so strange that I done believe it since I know the house gets shoddy reception.

Phones
    Apple Iphone
    Moto Q
    RAZR
    Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Hopefully the steady bars is a real software fix and not something where people are perceiving a change that did not happen, or Apple just modified the signal bars not change as often.
    Rasputinj

My favorite quadrate bamboo fly rod builder D.E. Daniel Hollowbuilt Quad Fly Rods

Phones
    Apple Iphone
    Moto Q
    RAZR
    Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I just installed apps tonight, I will wait a couple of days before I start over restore, and mod the phone again.

Phones
    iPhone 3GS 32GB-black
    iPhone 3g 16GB-black
    iPhone 8GB gen one
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GeeK.dLL

REPORTED FIXES

1) Wi-fi connections "seem" better.

2) Wi-fi connections way faster.

3) Safari is snappier.

7) Phone signal fluctuation problem when standing in one place fixed.

10) While in Safari if you tap the top tool bar it will scroll back to the top of the page.

Please reply if you can verify these, dispute these, or want to add one.

Numbers 1,2 and 3 seem true but I am not sure as it is subjective. Number 6 has been there since day one - you just tap the url box in Safari and there always has been a "share" button that lets you email the url. Number 7 might be true as the signal strength seems more static. Number 10 was also in the original 1.0 shipping version.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    FLASH WORKS NOW!!!!!!!!!

oh wait no it doesn't.

Feedback Score

bug fix

in all seriousness, and i dont smoke pot:

safari/ipod bug seems fixed. whenever i played a song and tried safari, the song would just stop playing. safari would then crash about 10 seconds later. i was never able to finish a single song. i now have been playing music and surfing for quite a while now, and it hasn't crashed. my safari also used to crash when opening large pages, and it hasn't yet. perhaps all safari-crashes have been fixed?

can anyone confirm this who had a phone that crashed a lot in safari? the jokes are funny and all, but i'm sorta curious to see what the update actually did.

Phones
    Nokia: 6131, 3120, 6010
    Motorola: Razr V3xx, V3, V600, v60i
    WMobile: Imate-Jam, Audiovox SMT5600, Samsung Blackjack
    Carrier
    ATT/Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Well I hate to be the one that says this actually..... The Problem where the Ipod stops playing when you're browsing still persists. It played through one song..... I had three tabs open (hofo, askmen, rottentomatoes).

Also, in response to people scrolling through safari faster as it is loading, i don't see a difference. It still is choppy. I would assume that once we did the update, our iPhone's did a soft-reset thus giving you a somewhat "fresh start" which i believe is causing many of us to jump to fairy tale conclusions.

However I did notice a consistency in the signal bars. However only time will tell because yet, I'M EAGER to jump to fairy tale conclusions...

another positive thing I noticed was that when "awaking" the phone, my slider used to freeze after the phone has been on & about. The most annoying thing that would also happen is that the slider would freeze as i was getting a phone call. (crossing my fingers) Hopefully this is the problem they fixed. Again, time will tell.

Now for the next update, I'd like iWork, iChat, Sherlock, MMS, multiple txt messages, the absence of web applications for the presence of REAAL applications. It's actually not alot to ask considering this device is the same amount of money as Apple's Mac-mini.

(to be fair, i still haven't gotten tired of the touch interface. but again ..... time will tell )

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Phone
    iPhone 4 (32GB Black)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile - For less than $90 a month for unlimited on my unlocked iPhone, who's complaining!!!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryNY
    Numbers 1,2 and 3 seem true but I am not sure as it is subjective. Number 6 has been there since day one - you just tap the url box in Safari and there always has been a "share" button that lets you email the url. Number 7 might be true as the signal strength seems more static. Number 10 was also in the original 1.0 shipping version.
    The reception in my house seems to be much better as well.
    1800th Post - 3/14/08 at 9:44 AM (EST)
    1900th Post - 5/23/08 at 11:56 PM (EST)
    2000th Post - 6/5/08 at 9:15 AM (EST)

Don't USE the SEARCH and get...

...You HAVE been WARNED!

Phone
    Two Cans on a String
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    i havent noticed a single change. its all in your heads.

Phones
    Apple iPhone
    Blackberry 8800
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanFX4u
    I don't see a share url button in safari.
    click on the webpage address and at the top left there is now a "share" button

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast