Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    37
    Feedback Score
    0

    IPhone EDGE on TmobileWeb ???

    Anyone know how to setup the iphone to work with the tmobile web plan? There must be a way to setup a proxy for edge. There is a proxy for wifi.

    Whoever can figure it out will be my hero.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    27
    Phones
    SE K800i
    SE K750i
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    bump... same question...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    192
    Feedback Score
    0
    When they unlock the iphone there will be an area under network where you can put in the carriers APN settings.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    27
    Phones
    SE K800i
    SE K750i
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371
    When they unlock the iphone there will be an area under network where you can put in the carriers APN settings.
    Yes, I've already got that section (geohot unlock). When I enter the TMo APN server (wap.voicestream.com) and try any internet related activity I just get the spinning loading circle. It never says "cannot connect to EDGE" though...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    192
    Feedback Score
    0
    Do you have the 19.99 internet or blackberry plan added to your tmobile account? You nees one of those for it to work. In some parts of the country I hear it will work with 4.99 tzones.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    27
    Phones
    SE K800i
    SE K750i
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371
    Do you have the 19.99 internet or blackberry plan added to your tmobile account? You nees one of those for it to work. In some parts of the country I hear it will work with 4.99 tzones.
    I've got a tzones plan i'm only paying 4.99 for (since I signed up for it like 3 years ago).

    Other internet services like Opera Mini, Google Maps worked on my Sony Ericsson K800i. Same SIM in the iPhone now that was in the SE.

    Also, I'm in the NYC Manhattan area, so it's not like I live in the sticks...

    EDIT: It appears as if I can use the MAIL app to check my gmail using EDGE but no other internet services work...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    3,200
    Phones
    iPhone 16gig 3.0 Jailbroken/unlocked.
    9530, 8520, 8320, 8220, 8700
    Treo 650 (the original Jesus phone)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile unlimited everything.
    Feedback Score
    0
    buy the right plan dude, if you can afford an iPhone you can afford to quit cheating t-mobile

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    6,417
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by htd0mnsn
    I've got a tzones plan i'm only paying 4.99 for (since I signed up for it like 3 years ago).

    Other internet services like Opera Mini, Google Maps worked on my Sony Ericsson K800i. Same SIM in the iPhone now that was in the SE.

    Also, I'm in the NYC Manhattan area, so it's not like I live in the sticks...

    EDIT: It appears as if I can use the MAIL app to check my gmail using EDGE but no other internet services work...
    How long it took for you to unlock it?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    27
    Phones
    SE K800i
    SE K750i
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ~W~
    How long it took for you to unlock it?
    Couple hours. Most of that time was opening/closing the case... I wanted to be extra careful because I've had my iPhone for two months nice and safe in an iPod Sock and it looks immaculate. The rest was cake.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    27
    Phones
    SE K800i
    SE K750i
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by XanderMac
    buy the right plan dude, if you can afford an iPhone you can afford to quit cheating t-mobile
    Think if I go to a TMobile store, whip out my iPhone, they'll let me play with one of their SIMs that already has the 19.99 internet plan so I can see if it works or not? I don't want to sign up, then find out the speed is slow and then have them give me a hassle for canceling it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    730
    Phones
    Samsung d820/e715
    Dash/Wing
    Feedback Score
    0
    BlackBerry Unlimited 29.99 and T-Mobile Total Internet 49.99 and both have unlimited web browsing which im guessing is same as unlimited data. I hope someone gets internet working in the BB plan, as a soon hope to upgrade.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,060
    Phone
    iPhone 4, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by htd0mnsn
    Think if I go to a TMobile store, whip out my iPhone, they'll let me play with one of their SIMs that already has the 19.99 internet plan so I can see if it works or not? I don't want to sign up, then find out the speed is slow and then have them give me a hassle for canceling it.

    You can do it online within the next 5 minutes. But I think it sometimes takes a few hours to be active. If you don't like it change back online. It takes all of 5 minutes with T-mobile's online customer care.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    27
    Phones
    SE K800i
    SE K750i
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizan
    BlackBerry Unlimited 29.99 and T-Mobile Total Internet 49.99 and both have unlimited web browsing which im guessing is same as unlimited data. I hope someone gets internet working in the BB plan, as a soon hope to upgrade.

    At those prices, it would have been better to get a plan w/ AT&T no?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    27
    Phones
    SE K800i
    SE K750i
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sr1329
    You can do it online within the next 5 minutes. But I think it sometimes takes a few hours to be active. If you don't like it change back online. It takes all of 5 minutes with T-mobile's online customer care.

    The website won't let me make changes because it says it doesn't recognize my phone... hahaha

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    730
    Phones
    Samsung d820/e715
    Dash/Wing
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by htd0mnsn
    At those prices, it would have been better to get a plan w/ AT&T no?
    I figured the same thing at first but when I looked at it, with tmobile I have the myfaves which for me is like unlimited mins at 39.99 plus data at 29.99 and texting for 5 or 10 bucks. which is like $80.00 plus tax

    then you have att, and at there closest plan cost to mine is the 59.99 plus 10.00 for texting but the thing is I only get 450 mins. and I go way over that each month not including nights/weekends. And the next plan would go $10 more than what I pay at tmobile

    ... so it works out with my needs I guess, would be better if data was as cheap as att's though

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •