Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Motorola RAZR2 V9m Hacking Thread

Device(s)
    iPhone 8GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by muzhik
    if you need to get to NAM1 or NAM2 to change settings, here's the code 74663# then hit CLR twice quickly...

hope this helps to any1 that needs it... i sure did... lol
    if 74663# is to hard to remeber. It spells PHONE#

Feedback Score
    I'm looking to put some music and wallpapers on both my wife's and my phone (I'm planning on getting the Razr2 and my wife is getting the K1m). Would you guys recommend getting the VZW music essentials package or getting the MPT? I think I answered my own question but I figured I'd ask.

Device(s)
    iPhone 2G
    Carrier(s)
    :: t-mobile ::
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by STM127
    Data Cable

Cables Unlimited

That is what we need. Newer Nokia phones such as the Luna use the USB Micro-B technology if you want to go buy one right now.
    are they sold out? i don't see a "buy it" button...

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalPhoenix79
    I'm looking to put some music and wallpapers on both my wife's and my phone (I'm planning on getting the Razr2 and my wife is getting the K1m). Would you guys recommend getting the VZW music essentials package or getting the MPT? I think I answered my own question but I figured I'd ask.
    I'd recomend the MEK so you get the cable and headphones...

The drivers and software you can downloaded for free... However, the MEK software can NOT be used for wall papers, ring tones, etc. It can only be used to put on Music to be used with the Music Player app on the phone.

MPT can be used for Ring Tones, Pictures, contacts/phonebook, etc.. but not really for music.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    i have the phone right now in my hand. from vzw

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wnrussell
    Painful! Nobody that can do the hacking has the $10 adapter yet.

Anybody?
    Update: The Micro USB adapter, cable and phone have all been secured. Thanks to all who offered. Much more to follow in this thread soon.

DayDeal.com came through in 2 days Priority Mail with OEM items.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    (phone in hand, getting cables from wnrussell, then will do more serious work... for now....)

Disabling EVDO works just like on V3C/V3M/K1M -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/DisableEVDO-V3C.htm

When in test mode... on the OS Featr Opt page... is Master Reset and Master Clear (last items, seen as Mstr Clr/Reset).... they work. Select that, then can pick either.... But it doesn't warn you or ask you to confirm...

Bluetooth... Services discovered via my Laptop (Thinkpad T41 with internal IBM/CSR bluetooth... Widcomm v5.1.0.1100 drivers)...
    1. Dial-up Networking Gateway
    2. Handsfree Voice gateway
    3. OBEX File Transfer
    4. OBEX Push Transfer.

Folders accessable via OBEX FTP....
    my_Ringers = Ringtones
    MMC (removable) = MicroSD if inserted
    10888 = My Pictures
    10890 = My Videos
    18067 = My Sounds

there are others.. not sure exactly what they contain yet.

When using BT OBEX FTP to add ring tones... if you try and copy a .MP3, named as MP3... you get "Server does not support this operation." error message. You must rename to .QCP, then copy (just like Maxx VE).

Same holds true with .MID files.. they too must be renamed to .QCP before copying, or you get that error.

Same holds true with .MMF's (yamaha smaf format) named as .MID... they have to be renamed as .QCP or get that error too.

in other words.. adding any ring tones to the MY_RINGERS folder via BT OBEX FTP, you MUST rename them to .QCP before you transfer or you'll get an error.

Once you pair your latop/computer... its a good idea to go Settings & Tools -> Bluetooth Menu... highlight your computer... click the Options soft menu key... select Incoming Security... pick Automatic.. other wise the phone will prompt you for EVERY operation... (i.e. copy file, change folder, etc)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I can't seem to get my laptop to see the BT Serial Port Profile.

I know my laptop is capable, because I can connect to the BT SPP on my enV, Chocolate, U620 and U740.

this is a similar symptom to the Maxx Ve.. we couldn't get the PC to detect/use the BT SPP.

Similar tricks used on the U620 and others (on the U620 users may need to go into Menu -> Settings & Tools -> Phone Settings -> PC Connection... and change it from USB to Bluetooth in order for the PC to see all available profiles.) can't be located in the V9M's menu, or in test mode menu.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    doing #4357* will access the "Device Info" screen... similar to the Phone Status choice in the Moto UI on the E815...

choices are....
    My Number
    Active Line
    Storage Devices
    Other Info

Under storage devices, you'll see Trans-T-Flash and Phone... You have the option of formatting the Transflash card there!

other info allows you to view.... ESN, Technology, S/W Version, Language List, PRL Version, Browser Info, ERI Version, SID, Network select, Channel, SMS Ready, EMS ready, Fax Ready, etc...

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    I can't seem to get my laptop to see the BT Serial Port Profile.
    Try Quick Connect Dial Up Networking with WidComm drivers. It appears to get a connection when the discover services will not.

I'll bring some other laptops with me tomorrow. Each one had a different trick to doing it. Same old Bluetooth interoperability issues.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Try Quick Connect Dial Up Networking with WidComm drivers. It appears to get a connection when the discover services will not.

I'll bring some other laptops with me tomorrow. Each one had a different trick to doing it. Same old Bluetooth interoperability issues.
    Quick connect -> dial up networking.. is just that DIAL UP NETWORKING.. its NOT Serial Port Profile.

Serial Port profile (SPP) is what BitPim and QPST uses... and what we can't see on either the Maxx VE, K1M and V9M, yet Verizon says these phone support it.

DUN or Modem profile is what MPT uses, and what we can see.

Now, doing a Quick Connect -> Bluetooth Serial Port... then picking the V9M... it tells me that the phone doesn't support that service.

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What I was saying is that when you discover Bluetooth services, sometimes DUN isn't there in the list of available services on the phone in My Bluetooth Places. Quick connect establishes that somehow in My Bluetooth Places, I am talking about DUN here.

You are ahead of me now, looking for BitPim and QPST uses over BT I guess, since you dont have the Micro data cable connection yet, correct?

Device(s)
    Motorola v9m (US Cellular Flash)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    (phone in hand, getting cables from wnrussell, then will do more serious work... for now....)

Disabling EVDO works just like on V3C/V3M/K1M -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/DisableEVDO-V3C.htm

When in test mode... on the OS Featr Opt page... is Master Reset and Master Clear (last items, seen as Mstr Clr/Reset).... they work. Select that, then can pick either.... But it doesn't warn you or ask you to confirm...

Bluetooth... Services discovered via my Laptop (Thinkpad T41 with internal IBM/CSR bluetooth... Widcomm v5.1.0.1100 drivers)...
    1. Dial-up Networking Gateway
    2. Handsfree Voice gateway
    3. OBEX File Transfer
    4. OBEX Push Transfer.

Folders accessable via OBEX FTP....
    my_Ringers = Ringtones
    MMC (removable) = MicroSD if inserted
    10888 = My Pictures
    10890 = My Videos
    18067 = My Sounds

there are others.. not sure exactly what they contain yet.

When using BT OBEX FTP to add ring tones... if you try and copy a .MP3, named as MP3... you get "Server does not support this operation." error message. You must rename to .QCP, then copy (just like Maxx VE).

Same holds true with .MID files.. they too must be renamed to .QCP before copying, or you get that error.

Same holds true with .MMF's (yamaha smaf format) named as .MID... they have to be renamed as .QCP or get that error too.

in other words.. adding any ring tones to the MY_RINGERS folder via BT OBEX FTP, you MUST rename them to .QCP before you transfer or you'll get an error.

Once you pair your latop/computer... its a good idea to go Settings & Tools -> Bluetooth Menu... highlight your computer... click the Options soft menu key... select Incoming Security... pick Automatic.. other wise the phone will prompt you for EVERY operation... (i.e. copy file, change folder, etc)
    The only way I can get it to detect this profiles is when connecting with MPT. When I just do a standard bluetooth add device (I have Toshiba drivers), I can only add it as a Dial Up Networking, and it does not list OTP, only OPP, therefore I cannot get bitpim to work. I was hoping I'd be able to use BitPim and have a little more freedom. Just waiting on that cable.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    What I was saying is that when you discover Bluetooth services, sometimes DUN isn't there in the list of available services on the phone in My Bluetooth Places. Quick connect establishes that somehow in My Bluetooth Places, I am talking about DUN here.
    Yes, and I'm not talking about DUN... DUN is seen by the PC no problem.. I talking about SPP. two different profiles.
    You are ahead of me now, looking for BitPim and QPST uses over BT I guess, since you dont have the Micro data cable connection yet, correct?
    Correct.. Since Verizon lists SPP support on this phone, was hoping if I could get SPP going I could try BitPim or QPST for file system access, Tethered NAI edit, etc... BEFORE I got the cable from you tomorrow morning.

Guess I'll have to wait...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by X71C4L
    The only way I can get it to detect this profiles is when connecting with MPT. When I just do a standard bluetooth add device (I have Toshiba drivers), I can only add it as a Dial Up Networking, and it does not list OTP, only OPP, therefore I cannot get bitpim to work. I was hoping I'd be able to use BitPim and have a little more freedom. Just waiting on that cable.
    Toshiba works differently than Widcomm, so I can't help you there. I can only say what I see and can use with my Widcomm...

Microsoft's drivers are even worse... they don't have anything to detect services like this.

Bluesoliel is pretty good, but I think Widcomm is the easiest...

BitPim wont work unless you can get your bluetooth drivers/stack to see the Serial Port Profile (SPP)... Verizon's web site claims SPP support. I haven't opened the manual yet.

Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast