Page 2 of 280 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: National 3G Maps

Redwood Valley, CA/Moving back to Pocatello, ID in April, 2018
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, LG V30, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier, LG K20 V, Nexus 6, Moto E
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T (prepaid)
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ocean County, NJ and the Hamptons (eastern end of Long Island, NY) have 3G for the past few weeks now...

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobolito
    LOL! ...and this is all the 3G work they've done since 2004 (AT&T Wireless)? That's almost 3 years and still they have a virtually non-existent network. It hardly looks like 160 markets like they claimed on paper.
    Looks to me like Apple wasn't so far off in not including 3G in the iPhone. There just isn't much coverage, and by the time there is, the iPhone will be on verison 2 or 3.

Question: how did Puerto Rico end up near South Carolina?
    Ask Miss Teen South Carolina; she may not know, but she'll say something!
    Gig 'em Aggies!

"Switch. Enjoy. Gloat. Exalt. Recommend." That is evolution under a Mac banner. Compare it with "Settle. Puzzle. Tweak. Complain. B#tch. Upgrade. Patch. Replace." That seems to better describe the Windows universe.
    Forum Comment

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Awesome job man! I'm moving this thread over to the 3G subforum.

Feedback Score
    Looks good, except these maps are really old and there are several markets missing that are now 3G. Anyway, eventually all the dark orange you see will become blue! (in the not so distant future)

Los Angeles - San Diego - Tijuana / D.F. - Puebla
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus / Apple iPhone 7 / Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / iusacell MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Nice job with the map. Though I can't say much for the real thing for 3G, and the roam zone in the Plains and Rocky Mountain States.

Redwood Valley, CA/Moving back to Pocatello, ID in April, 2018
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, LG V30, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier, LG K20 V, Nexus 6, Moto E
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T (prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma99a
    Looks good, except these maps are really old and there are several markets missing that are now 3G. Anyway, eventually all the dark orange you see will become blue! (in the not so distant future)
    I'll believe it when I see it

Device(s)
    HTC Tilt - AT&T (personal)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    How did you make this? Did you just screenshot their coverage map and save it as a GIF? The reason I am asking is I am wanting to create a coverage map (US) for AT&T and Sprint and overlay with a map that pinpoints all of the US locations of the company I work for.

Device(s)
    lg cu500 6230 b, 6682
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Walkguru's: MOT-RAZRV3xx/96.71.95R BER2.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; 11063081) Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 Opera 8.00 [en] UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

nice job. they evan show up on my phone.
    eight years on hofo, n00b.

Trollers suck!
    IWDCP Sergeant

Device(s)
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AManCalledE
    How did you make this? Did you just screenshot their coverage map and save it as a GIF? The reason I am asking is I am wanting to create a coverage map (US) for AT&T and Sprint and overlay with a map that pinpoints all of the US locations of the company I work for.
    All i did was right click on the map image on cingular's site and save it, then open in photoshop and stitch them all together.

hehe PR ended up a bit north because at the time i placed it, wasn't sure how far south the map was gonna go (hadn't gotten to texas yet).

Yea i agree, they need to update it, i might email the people who actually handle the maps and see when there might be some updates. Honestly they did update them last in may of this year, not sure what they updated though.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Oh yea just wanted to say, I did it because i figured most of us would like and prefer a map like this. I know i've always wanted one at least.

So lastnight i started playing around with the site (randomly out of nowhere) and thought, "hmm I might be able to do this depending on how they cut the panes". Luckily it all worked out pretty well imo. maybe we can sticky it too

I agree though, the data is pretty old, and the 3G coverage looks pretty weak, although some areas have great coverage of it (indy for one). The other thing that is bothersome is the utter lack of AT&T's presence in some areas, like whole states! Makes me think about how they aren't as big as i originally thought.

I'll tell you what though, their map is by far better than most other companies. The only other map I think is better is T-mobile's, and thats primarily because they have more steps in their signal strength gradients, makes it easier to pick out where the cell sites actually are I actually started mapping out cell site locations in my area on google maps for AT&T and saw how easier it would be to do for T-mobile :P

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma99a
    I am pretty sure that is because the last time the map was updated was May 31st.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, if you have very few colors GIF can do a better job than JPG because GIF compresses based on color tone regardless of the pixel count. But when you have many colors, JPG and PNG are a lot better at compression.
    Actually, png is the replacement for gif, if you set them to the same number of colors, png is usally a little smaller than gif.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ATnt-RSC
    Actually, png is the replacement for gif, if you set them to the same number of colors, png is usally a little smaller than gif.
    can you animate png?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Zephxiii, you going to keep this updated? If so I'm going to make this a sticky.

Page 2 of 280 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast