i think someone should STICKY this
That was AMAZING...!!! thank you for the help... they need more pplz like you in SE. cant belive they just throw the phone into market with no support. and WHY only TRI-BAND!? I'll pay extra for quad-band, and EDGE!Originally Posted by GT-[R]
I named Resource<s> it didnt work, but without the "s" it did after reboot, and IMO even the english font look much better now ^^;
i think someone should STICKY this
Nokia 8890,8860,8260,8290,6100, 6590,3390,6188,3360,3120b, 3230, 3220b,6680, 6300b
Samsung SGH-S200,S307,E730,P207, G600, U700
Motorola C333/C332,V70*now*,V66,T720G,V60i/g,A668, E680i, V3, A1200
SonyEricsson T68i,T39m/mc,T300,T610/616*now*,Z600,T630/637,K700i *now* (w/HBH-660),V802SE (Z800i flash)*now*,Z520a/i, P900i, K790a/800i, W600i *now*, W810i *now* , W850i*now*, P1i*sold*, K850, W995, X1a
Panasonic GD55,GD88, G51M, MX3/7
Sharp 903SH,GX22, TM100
Hmm, so how does this exactly work? It made my fonts a weird one and things look weird, but at least it supports Chinese. Any way to restore the original font but also have Chinese support? Or does this method sort of "tells" the phone to use this font set?
Update: OK.. I just found out this method also destroys any formatting applied in the phone.. ie. bold... etc
OK, I have just found a way for TRUE CHINESE SUPPORT on this phone, it requires flashing of the phone to the HK F/W, but it's free:
1. Head over to SE-NSE.net and download the program XS++ 2.2
2. Follow instructions to put your phone into flash mode (hold C) and let the phone detect your phone
3. Go to the "flash" section and run the script for the HK CDA CDA162024_74 - make sure everything corresponds to your organizer version, and firmware.
4. Run the script, follow the instructions as provided.
5. Your phone should now have 2 CDA's if you boot it up. Run SEUS and update regardless of your version of software; after the process, you should have full Traditional Chinese Support (ie. menus, everything) w/ UK English as your other language.
Many thanks to the programmers at SE-NSE for making this possible!!
EDIT: OK GG... don't do this method unless you want to lose your english keyboard input... I'm still trying to figure this crap out lmfao, argh my phone is too chinesey now.. haha
Edit 2: Nm... got it working. Great firmware HK as usual!
Here are some bonuses for flashing:
- native Chinese TRADITIONAL support
- full handwriting support
- enter character by stroke support
- Blackberry data software for input/output
- Chinese-English dictionary (And vice versa)
- Camera shutter sound can be disabled
Here are the only disadvantages I've found so far:
- text antialiasing is gone (partly due to make Chinese characters show up better)
- more memory consumption (RAM is less, well of course due to the CHN support)
looks like the site is down, can't access the download page.
Yep it is 100% safe as long as you choose the right script package and no blackouts kill your power.
You still retain your english keyboard, there is a little popup that lets you choose symbols, and switch between English/Chinese on the fly - very convenient if you ask me!
you guys able to access the download page, cuz it says for me "under maintenance" can u show me the link to get the XS++ 2.2
these directions are correct right? cuz i don't want to brick my phone.Originally Posted by mcg
I just took the risk and used their software to try to fool my phone into thinking it had an HK CDA #, and it worked. If you feel I left out something, ask me or use your intuition to find out what is missing (although nothing should be lol).
oh did u backup ur data and restore it back afterwards?