Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: The Official Samsung U470 "Juke" Music Swivel Pre-Release Thread

Device(s)
    RIM Blackberry 9530 (Storm)
    Carrier(s)
    Vzw
    Feedback Score
    Yep I got my fancy email today too!

Feedback Score
    me three! woot woot

Device(s)
    SCH-u940 Glyde
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    hey guys you should call verizon just to double check if youre getting the phone.
    I called in once more today to double check and the online service rep said they noted on the account and the order, due to their website error the price was lower and that they will honor the price they gave me. My friend who just ordered like 10 min before the price change also called and was told that the rep will note on the account they will honor the price after tlaking to a supervisor.
    NO EnV2 now......

GLYDE!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Well you guys did that for me, it's ok, I have the emails - if they try and resist.

Device(s)
    X, iphone I can't activate
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Yea I opened my fancy one and thought it was going to be a cancellation notice type thing... So know sure ship date yet huh?
    Always waiting for a new phone...

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ii krossfire ii
    Yea I opened my fancy one and thought it was going to be a cancellation notice type thing... So know sure ship date yet huh?
    Supposedly the release date .. Oct 19th.

Device(s)
    Samsung a930
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I never got a fancy email so I called in...

the CS guy sounded like a new guy, but he did verify that I had some info about the Juke, and the 19th, under my account..

Then he tried selling me vcast.

Device(s)
    SCH-u940 Glyde
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ok so ship date is not the 19th I confirmed the ship date with many csr's and they
    said it will be shipped on the 22nd the monday after the release date. I am guessing on the 19th it will hit the warehouse or the stores, but the csr said the phones for customers will be shipped with free overnight or 1~2 day ups shipping on monday! yay! only a little over 2 weeks to go! Anyways dont forget to check the site at early 19th or late 18th to check if they mess up the venus presales also! highly unlikely but who knows they mihgt mess up again! lol

Feedback Score
    I wana know who F'd that up in the first place?

Can you imagine if you were the Tech guy who screwed it up and a bunch of us took advantage of it? I would LOVE to know the guys name and if he got in trouble

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Just something to keep in mind for those wanting this as a "2nd phone" or a "weekend only phone" due to its size...

its 1x only, with no Web browser or Vcast, right?

That means to swtich to it, you have to remove any mobile web or vcast package from your account...

Plus, if your current phone is EVDO, you can't use the My Account -> Activate phone link to switch because the phones would not be Feature compatible.

You'll have to call into customer service to switch every time...
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    SCH-u940 Glyde
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    well if you have a non vcast phone you can do the online change.....
    and also verizon told me that the reason it's messed up is they didn't mean to sell the preorder as a retail sale until it released, so they entered nothing for the retail price thing and the system assumed the 2 ur contract price which was the first entered one to be the price and put it there, and I guess no one realized it until someone called in aobut it....... and even if you have a evdo vcast phone you can call in and say the online doesn't work and theyll do it for free... theyll say its one time courtesy but I done it like that like probably over 20 times now....lol they said they have to manually put the charge on after doing the switch and if you provide a reasonable explanation they usually wont do it....just say the online changer doesnt work and if i can do it online it would be free.....

Carrier(s)
    Sprint,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff
    I wana know who F'd that up in the first place?

Can you imagine if you were the Tech guy who screwed it up and a bunch of us took advantage of it? I would LOVE to know the guys name and if he got in trouble
    This actually happens once in a while. I remember a few years ago they accidentally sold the VX 3100 dirt cheap. A lot of people jumped on it and sold them on ebay. The best deal though was when they sold the VX 6000 for $149.99 full retail. It was only like that for a day but I managed to get one. I loved that phone.

Device(s)
    SCH-u940 Glyde
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    wow then we better watch out for the venus and the voyager shouldnt we *wink wink*

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shl615
    ...and even if you have a evdo vcast phone you can call in and say the online doesn't work and theyll do it for free...
    As has been the case.. BUT... think of this.. they'll have to remove any non-compatible plans/features from your account to switch to that phone...

With the coming data changes.. (per KB/MB instead of MOU)... that may impact what people are doing now in an attempt to be "grandfathered in" after the changes..

Device(s)
    Casio (New) Boulder
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I currently have a non evdo phone so I am fine on that.

However, I was thinking of selling this, buying an EVDO phone full retail and sticking on mobile web in the hope it would be grandfathered.

But do we really know if it will be? Wasn't mobile web a feature and not a part of the contract? Not sure.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast