Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: The Official Samsung U470 "Juke" Music Swivel Pre-Release Thread

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyistommy
    Like the chrismar, I want to keep my NE2 and buy this phone at full retail. How would I go about doing this?
    Click the upgrade phone button. Change the dropdown from 2yr to No Contract. Choose a phone. Buy it.

You can only use your NE2 on a 2yr contract.

EDIT: I see I'm late with my answer.

Device(s)
    Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I did it, and was hesitant too, so I made sure to only upgrade lines that still were running on contract. Everywhere you look it says "o-yr contract" so i keep telling myself they cant do anything, I have PROOF it says no contract.

I do worry, though about something else, it MADE me pick a text message plan for it, and i'm on (and LOVE) $5 unlimited in messages. which is no longer offered, I picked the "no text plan/pay per text" and hope to goodness that its not going to remove my grandfathered-in text plan. I'll raise hell, because I made sure it said nowhere that it was going to take that off my plan, else i'd simply not get the phone.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismar
    I agree, and that's what I think too, however the fact that I have to go through "My Account" and then "Upgrade" makes me a bit hesitant to try.
    If for whatever reason your NE2 should disappear, all you have to do is call CS, because it would be some sort of error. You wouldn't have used that discount, so they would have to reinstate it.

Device(s)
    Samsung a950, broken
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Excellent, this seems like a great deal. Thanks to everyone for helping. Ordered.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by strawbearlyjamm
    I did it, and was hesitant too, so I made sure to only upgrade lines that still were running on contract. Everywhere you look it says "o-yr contract" so i keep telling myself they cant do anything, I have PROOF it says no contract.

I do worry, though about something else, it MADE me pick a text message plan for it, and i'm on (and LOVE) $5 unlimited in messages. which is no longer offered, I picked the "no text plan/pay per text" and hope to goodness that its not going to remove my grandfathered-in text plan. I'll raise hell, because I made sure it said nowhere that it was going to take that off my plan, else i'd simply not get the phone.
    I know when I activated my new phone (8700) I had selected no text plan, just the pay per text, and it took off my 250 text plan so I had to call in and have them add it since it does not show up online.

When the phone comes and you activate I would use a different method of activating it. When you use the online ESN switcher there are 2 options: Activate a New Phone and Activate Old Equipment. Activate a New Phone makes you activate by using your order number and will implement any of the changes you made during checkout. Try the Activate Old Equipment link first. If that doesn't work I would call CS to activate it to make sure you dont lose the Unlimited + 50. (I used to have that plan but switched to the new one cause a lot of people I text arent on Verizon.

Device(s)
    LG Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by strawbearlyjamm

Strange, it asked me to select a text plan too. I already have the 500 for $10. I selected the $0 option as well hoping it doesn't change my plan at all.

Anywho, thanks to all for the inspiration and reassurance.

Device(s)
    LG Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Uh oh...
    Now that I've done this I notice the "Upgrade" option is gone from "My Account" and if I select "Upgrade My Phone" from the main site I get an error that says to call customer service...

:\

Device(s)
    SCH-u940 Glyde
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    wait so after reading this and looking at the site my self [I'm actually about to order right now] So if all goes well we all here will geta new samsung juke on the release date for only 100 bucks instead of 250 bucks right? and someone mentioned that verizon cant do anything about this like charge more or refund our money because of a certain law or policy? any one confirm that yet? and anyone know what chrismar is talking about???
    NO EnV2 now......

GLYDE!!!!!

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismar
    Uh oh...
    Now that I've done this I notice the "Upgrade" option is gone from "My Account" and if I select "Upgrade My Phone" from the main site I get an error that says to call customer service...

:\
    Don't worry. I was informed today that you have to wait 4 days before itll let you order online again. I was concerned too.

Device(s)
    LG Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Don't worry. I was informed today that you have to wait 4 days before itll let you order online again. I was concerned too.
    Ok... thanks.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shl615
    wait so after reading this and looking at the site my self [I'm actually about to order right now] So if all goes well we all here will geta new samsung juke on the release date for only 100 bucks instead of 250 bucks right? and someone mentioned that verizon cant do anything about this like charge more or refund our money because of a certain law or policy? any one confirm that yet? and anyone know what chrismar is talking about???
    Verizon sold us a phone for $100 with a 0 yr contract. We accepted, they accepted and sent confirmation emails stating those terms. This is binding - there is no more to it.

And chrismar's concern was answered - when you upgrade using the "upgrade phone" button, you have to wait 4 days before you can buy another phone using that method. If you have another line (family share), you can of course choose a different line and upgrade that phone as well.

Device(s)
    motorola A8555 Droid
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shl615

its called bait and switch...its a federal offense, and companies get very scared when you start talking like that

all those years in retail paid off finally

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by redhandeddenial
    its called bait and switch...its a federal offense, and companies get very scared when you start talking like that

all those years in retail paid off finally
    Glad someone knew what I was talking about

I think im going to order a couple more before the loop hole closes

Cheap TPU cases. Thunderbolt, MT4G, Nexus S (4G) Droid X/X2, DInc 2/S, HTC Sensation, Samsung Infuse, EVO 3D, SGSII

Use coupon code HoFo for 15% OFF your order

Device(s)
    SCH-u940 Glyde
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    NICE NICE!!
    I just posted like 10 min ago and it's past midnight est and like 5 replies!
    Amazing guys seriously
    What would I do without fellow howard forums people!
    Thanks Thanks! I think I might order one of each color
    and perfectly I have 3 lines!

Device(s)
    motorola A8555 Droid
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    hahaha...suprisingly there are 0 on ebay just yet

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast