Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: AT&T Premier Account (FAN) FAQ

Feedback Score

Thumbs up FAN account questions

what does FAN stand for? how do I get such an account?

Carriers
    AT$T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steveL17
    Its a discount for student or employee. go here http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/?WT.svl=3 and input your email and see if you qualify for a discount.

Phone
    KRZR K1
    Carriers
    Cingular | AT&T Blue |
    Feedback Score
    This question gets asked at least every other day. I'm gonna edit the wiki and add it.

Carrier
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    Foundation Account Number

Thank the stars for TRUE UNLIMITED DATA!!!

Feedback Score
    sorry for the newb question but i have been hacking my mobiles for 5 years with verizon, finally im switching to ATT.

Its a discount for student or employee. go here http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/?WT.svl=3 and input your email and see if you qualify for a discount.

how the heck would they know who i am based on my email addr?

Phones
    EVO 4G
    EVO 4G
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    how the heck would they know who i am based on my email addr?
    They wouldn't know who you are, per se, but if you have a work email address they would know by the "@workname.com" whether that company participates or not.

Entering your personal email address won't do anything for you.

Phones
    Motorola: Z9, V9, V3xx, V3, C168i
    Sony Ericsson: W810i, W580i, Z310a
    Palm: Treo 750
    Carrier
    Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score

AT&T Premier Account (FAN) FAQ

How to register for AT&T's Premier...

Complete AT&T's Online Validation Process to register for your employer or school's sponsorship program and activate any Service Discount for which you may be eligible. No email or can't validate your mobile number? Click here to complete the offline validation process.

To complete the offline validation process, follow the steps below:
    1. Print AT&T's certification form.
    2. Follow the instructions as indicated on the form. You will be required to fax the certification form along with proof of employment or active student status with a qualified organization.
    3. After faxing the certification form call the following number to be enrolled as an Individual Responsibility User and activate any available service discount for which you may qualify:
      1 (866) 355-8923, Monday - Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Time.
      Please note: you will be asked to provide your company's Foundation Account Number (FAN).

New Customers:
    By ordering new service through the AT&T Premier website, you will automatically be enrolled in your employer or school's sponsorship program. No further action is required to activate any Service Discount for which you may be eligible. To view the discounts available to you, visit the Current Offers page.

Upgrade/Replace Your Phone or Device
    Follow the steps below to upgrade/replace your current AT&T phone or device:
    1. Premier Home: From the Premier Home page, click the "Shop Plans" button.
    2. Get Started:
      • Enter the ZIP Code where you use your phone/device most often.
      • Select the “Add to, upgrade or migrate an existing account” radio button.
      • Enter your Mobile Number and Billing Account Number then click the “Continue” button.
    3. Shopping Options: You should see an “Upgrade your phone and plan” option. Ensure the option is selected and click the “Continue” button to proceed.
    4. Choose a Device: Select the phone or device you want and click the “Add to Cart” button.
    5. Choose a Plan: Next you will be taken to the Plans page. Click the “Upgrade Device Only” button at the top of the page to upgrade only your device.
    6. Add Accessories: Select a quantity for any accessories you want then click the "Add to Cart" button. (If you don't want accessories click the "Continue without Additions" button.)
    7. View Your Cart: Ensure all the correct items are in your cart (you can make updates as needed) then click the "Checkout" button. Note: If you want to upgrade another phone, click the "Continue Shopping" button and repeat steps 1 - 6.
    8. Provide Checkout Information: complete all the required checkout fields then click “Continue.” (Please enter information exactly as it appears on your account. Inaccurate information may delay order processing.)
    9. View Your Order: Read the Service Agreement and check the box to accept the terms of the agreement. Ensure all order information is correct then click "Complete Order."

Order Complete: Finally, you'll see a page displaying your web Order ID. Save this number for your records. You will also receive an email confirming receipt of your order.

Change Your Rate Plan
    To upgrade or change both your phone and plan, follow the steps outlined in the Phone Upgrades/Replacements section. For assistance with rate plan only changes, dial 611 from your AT&T phone or call 1-800-331-0500.

Convert Your Individual Plan to a Family Plan
    Dial 611 from your AT&T phone or call 1-800-331-0500. for assistance with converting your individual plan to a family plan.

Add or Remove a Feature
    To add or remove a feature, such as Text Messaging, dial 611 from your AT&T phone or call 1-800-331-0500.

Add an Individual Line to Your Account
    To add a new individual line* of service to your existing billing account, follow the steps below:
    1. Premier Home: From the Premier Home page, click the “Shop Phones & Devices” button.
    2. Get Started:
      • Enter the ZIP Code where you'll use your phone/device most often.
      • Select the “Add to or upgrade an existing account” radio button.
      • Enter a Mobile Number on the existing account as well as the Billing Account Number then click the “Continue” button.
    3. Shopping Options: You should see an “Add a line of service to your account” option. Ensure this option is selected and click the “Continue” button to proceed.
    4. Choose a Device: Select the phone or device you want and click the “Add to Cart” button.
    5. Choose a Plan: Select the plan you want and click the “Add to Cart” button.
    6. Add Features & Accessories: Check the select box to add features and select a quantity for any accessories you want then click the “Add to Cart” button. (If you don't want features or accessories click the “Continue without Additions” button.)
    7. View Your Cart: Ensure all the correct items are in your cart (you can make updates as needed) then click the “Checkout” button.
    8. Provide Checkout Information:
      • In the “Your Phone Number” section, select “I want to keep my existing number” if you are transferring your number from another service provider, otherwise you will be assigned a new mobile number. Read more on transferring your number.
      • Enter contact information for the person who will be using the phone. If you are ordering on behalf of another person, provide their contact information rather than your own.
      • Enter your one-time payment information. One-time charges such as your phone or accessories must be billed to your credit card.
      • Monthly payment method. Ensure “Add to an Existing Account” is selected—the mobile number and billing account number you previously entered should display.
      • Provide the Social Security Number and Date of Birth for the Primary Account holder. (Enter information exactly as it appears on the existing account. Inaccurate information may delay order processing.)
      • Enter the billing name and address for the existing account. (Enter information exactly as it appears on the existing account.)
      • Complete the remaining required fields then click the "Continue" button.
    9. View Your Order:
      • Read the Service Agreement and check the box to accept the terms of the agreement.
      • Ensure all order information is correct then click “Complete Order.”
      • Order Complete: Your order has now been placed. The new line of service will be added to your existing billing account. You'll see a page displaying your web Order ID. Save this number for your records. You will also receive an email confirming receipt of your order.
    Help with Your Phone
    Need help with setting up voicemail or other features? View our online tutorials and learn how to use your phone. You can also visit our online Customer Forums to exchange ideas, tips, information and more with other AT&T customers.

Buy Accessories
    To order accessories for your existing phone, follow the steps below:
    1. Go to the Premier Home page and click the "Accessories" link.
    2. Select the manufacturer of your phone and enter your AT&T Mobile Number and Billing Account Number then click the "Continue" button.
    3. Click the image of the phone model you want accessories for.
    4. Enter a quantity for each accessory you want then click the "Add to Cart" button.
    5. Ensure the correct accessories and quantities are in your cart then click the "Checkout" button.
    6. Enter your credit card, billing and shipping information and click the "Continue" button.
    7. Review your order and complete purchase.

Can't find your phone model or the accessories you want? Try our Accessory Superstore.

Download Ringtones & Graphics
    You can download ringtones, graphics and games through our MEdia Mall. You'll need the following before you can download ringtones or grahics:
    • Compatible phone: Your phone must support downloads.
    • AT&T MEdia Net service: Refer to the Rate Plan & Feature Changes section if you do not yet subscribe to this service.
    • AT&T DirectBill: AT&T DirectBill allows us to charge downloads to your monthly bill. If you're not already signed up with DirectBill, you can register during the download checkout process.

Activate Your Phone or Device
    Once you have received your shipment, follow the instructions below before using your phone or device to ensure quick and proper activation. Please note: if you are activating a AT&T GSM device that you recently upgraded, please see the alternate activation instructions in the next section.
    1. Do not turn on your device. Insert your device's battery and charge it for 8 hours. Your device must be turned off to begin the activation process.
    2. Once your device has been completely charged, turn its power on. If your device does not activate in 2 hours, proceed to step 3. If your device activates successfully, proceed to step 5.
    3. Power off your device and remove its battery. Copy the 15 digit IMEI number on the back of the device. Please also note the 20 digit number on the back of the SIM card. Replace the battery and power on your device.
    4. Call 1-866-895-1099 Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time or Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Your new wireless device should not be used to place these calls. Have the following information handy and a representative will assist you:
      • Wireless Phone Number
      • Social Security Number
      • Billing or Shipping Zip Code
      • 15 digit IMEI number
      • 20 digit SIM card number
    5. After your device is charged and activation is complete you can set up voicemail.
      • Press and Hold the 1 key
      • Follow the voice prompts to personalize your Voice Mailbox
      For help with other device features, view our online tutorials. You can also visit our online Customer Forums to exchange ideas, tips, information and more with other AT&T customers.
    Activation Instructions for AT&T GSM Equipment Upgrades
    If your order is an equipment upgrade from a AT&T GSM device (not a Former AT&T GSM device), follow the alternate instructions below before using your phone or device to ensure quick and proper activation.
    1. Do not turn on your device. Insert your device's battery and charge it for 8 hours. Your device must be turned off to begin the activation process.
    2. Once your device has been completely charged, remove the existing SIM card from your old AT&T GSM device and place it into your new AT&T GSM device, then turn on its power. If your device does not activate in 2 hours, proceed to step 3. If your device activates successfully, proceed to step 5.
    3. Power off your device and remove its battery. Copy the 15 digit IMEI number on the back of the device. Please also note the 20 digit number on the back of the SIM card. Replace the battery and power on your device.
    4. Call 1-866-895-1099 Monday - Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time or Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Your new wireless device should not be used to place these calls. Have the following information handy and a representative will assist you:
      • Wireless Phone Number
      • Social Security Number
      • Billing or Shipping Zip Code
      • 15 digit IMEI number
      • 20 digit SIM card number
    5. After your device is charged and activation is complete you can set up voicemail.
      • Press and Hold the 1 key
      • Follow the voice prompts to personalize your Voice Mailbox
      For help with other device features, online tutorials. You can also visit our online Customer Forums to exchange ideas, tips, information and more with other AT&T customers.

©2007 AT&T Knowledge Ventures.

Phones
    Carrier
    Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Mostly some copy & pasting of some of more relevant information from Premier. I'm willing to keep this update accordingly if needed and/or desired.

Phones
    Palm Treo 750
    Samsung Blackjack
    Nokia 6126
    Carrier
    Cingular (now at&t) since 2001
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GearTripper
    Mostly some copy & pasting of some of more relevant information from Premier. I'm willing to keep this update accordingly if needed and/or desired.
    Thanks, should be a good resourse for all the "how do I get premier" questions.

I was wondering, if you're just upgrading, why do you need to do anything more than just pop your existing sim card in the charged phone and go?

Phones
    AT&T Tilt
    MPX220 (black, current)
    MPX220 (silver, didn't survive washer/dryer cycle)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    This is probably a dumb question, but how do I get a login to log in to the premier site? My company has a FAN discount, and I was able to do the online validation to get the discount applied to my account. But I don't have a log-on id for that site. The log-on for my acount page doesn't work there.

Phones
    Carrier
    Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dscline
    This is probably a dumb question, but how do I get a login to log in to the premier site? My company has a FAN discount, and I was able to do the online validation to get the discount applied to my account. But I don't have a log-on id for that site. The log-on for my acount page doesn't work there.
    you should have been sent a login link to your registered email after they confirmed your account for Premier.

Phones
    Carrier
    Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by htjouster
    I was wondering, if you're just upgrading, why do you need to do anything more than just pop your existing sim card in the charged phone and go?
    You can but your account will have a notice of Pending Upgrade or Upgrade In Progress until you follow the upgrade validation steps sent to you with your new phone. You may not be able to use the Premier site with that upgrade line again until this is completed. When you attempt to log into Premier and upgrade any line on your account, you may receive the following message:
    Error: Unfortunately, your request for adding to or upgrading existing service cannot be completed online at this time. To complete your transaction over the phone, please call (800) 845-9681, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Central Time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Phones
    AT&T Tilt
    MPX220 (black, current)
    MPX220 (silver, didn't survive washer/dryer cycle)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GearTripper
    you should have been sent a login link to your registered email after they confirmed your account for Premier.
    Hmmm, I got the initial email with the link to validate me, then after validation I got another email saying "congratulations", my valiation request had been processed. After that, I could see the discount in my online account, but that second email made no mention of a premier web site, nor any special user ID or anything.

Phones
    iPhone 3GS, Moto Cliq (unlocked)
    iPhone 3Gs, Nokia N95
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    you could always do it the easy way, take your work ID to the nearest store and have them do it for you.

Phones
    8GB 3G ,8925,8525, 3125
    8125,SX66, Treo 600
    V551, V3 RAZR, V9M
    Carriers
    Cingular
    ex-Sprint
    Feedback Score
    After that, I could see the discount in my online account, but that second email made no mention of a premier web site, nor any special user ID or anything.
    I have gotten the same email several times but I beleive since my corporate servers do not allow html email... several areas of graphics were missing and I assumed I was possibly not able to view the above provided information. I have even tried to forward these emails to my home address, but the missing page info was not allowed to pass.
    I have always used
    HTML Code:
     www.cingular.com/benefits/(company name)
    and just entered my zip, phone #, and account # and premier has allowed me to purchase roughly a dozen phones starting with the SX-66.
    I tried to log onto Premier today using the above url and got the error message stating that the page didn't exist. Swapped ATT for cingular unsuccessfully. Page under reconstruction?

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast