Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: AT&T Premier Account (FAN) FAQ

Device(s)
    Moto 540
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dscline
    Look up through my posts... exact same thing happened to me. But I later came across the cingular.com/discounts link, which when followed and filled out, resulted in me getting a different email than the two I got for the verification to get the discount. THAT email had a link to the premier site. No login info, it just goes straight there, and automatically recognizes my company.

And as I mentioned, the discount I got earlier in the week disappeared yesterday in OLAM. Today, it has re-appeared (with no additional action by me).
    If you have not already found/tried this, here is the AT&T eligibility website which uses your email address to verify your company's access to the premier website. As already stated, they will immediately respond on the website with Congratulations! or not, message. Then send an email to your business address with a "Start Shopping" link both in HTML and graphic.
    https://www.wireless.att.com/business/authenticate/
    Worked great for me.
    Dickr

Device(s)
    AT&T Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Dickr, but I'm actually good now. But for what it's worth, I think that's the link I originally used. After putting in my email address, I got the "online validation process" email, with a link to click to "validate now" to continue the validation process. After that next validation process, I got the "Your AT&T Enrollment is now Complete, and Your Discount Has Been Applied" email, and at that point I could see the discount in OLAM. But the issue was, neither of those emails had a link or login info for getting to the premier site. It wasn't until I used the cingular.com/discounts link that I got an email titled "Discounts from AT&T" that has a link that gets me to the premier site.

Device(s)
    V3XX
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wrayrb
    If you have not already found/tried this, here is the AT&T eligibility website which uses your email address to verify your company's access to the premier website. As already stated, they will immediately respond on the website with Congratulations! or not, message. Then send an email to your business address with a "Start Shopping" link both in HTML and graphic.
    https://www.wireless.att.com/business/authenticate/
    Worked great for me.
    That worked. Thanks a lot

Device(s)
    HTC Tilt & Advantage
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Angry Aren't these Premier Prices insane?

Treo 750 on Premier Site
    Base Price $999.99
    Company Discount -$300.00
    Web Discount -$300.00
    Your Price* $399.99

Treo 750 on Regular Site
    List Price $549.99
    2-yr Contract Price $399.99
    Mail-in Rebate Card - $150.00
    *Online Price $249.99

Keep in mind that these are (at least on my screen right now) both for the 2-year jail term.

I'm all for a free market, but could ANYONE shed some light on what exactly AT&T is using to justify the extra $450 dollars tacked onto the base price on the Premier site? And do they honestly think people don't look between the two sites and wonder where the heck they are getting their figures?

One would imagine that the subsidized prices would be even lower, given the bigger data plan usage business users typically spend their dollars on....

Heck, they can't even justify the price of $999 for unsubsidized price as I can get an unlocked unit on ebay for under $500.00.

I certainly don't want to jump to the conclusion that something bad is going on, so if anyone can explain to me the business logic and case justification for this price difference, I would be interested in hearing it.

SpamMonster's KB Toys case certainly sets precedence for a Class lawsuit on these grounds. I'll archive a copy of the site tonight in case it turns out to be a good possibility.

For me, I would just rather see real prices and real discounts, not huge discounts on absurdly inflated prices that end up be no discount at all...

Device(s)
    HTC Tilt & Advantage
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Another thought

Is it possible that two separate business units handle the different areas of the site and don't collaborate on pricing? Sorry, just really struggling to figure this one out...

Maybe they are doing this to make the money back on the steep plan discounts they provide. I think I am getting a 30% discount on my monthly bill by being involved.

I'm sure there is something that explains this, but right now it looks like a racket.

Device(s)
    Motorola: Z9, V9, V3xx, V3, C168i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    it's just the way things are. another thing to notice is that although each premier user supposedly gets different discounts and whatnot per their company agreement, we're all paying the same price for the phone in the end. they adjust the base price-point accordingly so that they get the same amount of money from anyone. it sucks, i know.

Device(s)
    Motorola V551
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    I am late to the discussion....I made a comment about the "Premier" site on another thread, and someone directed me here. Certainly is interesting, huh? I am not really a bidness-man, but I understand about preferred customers, volume discounts, etc so I can understand a slight variation in prices...SLIGHT.

I wonder is those of us that have Premier access would go in and check pricing on the same model (8300 Curve??) and post what we get premier and generic web price. My zip code is 76502.

Premier:
    Base Price$749.99
    Company Discount-$337.50
    Web Discount-$112.50
    Your Price*$299.99

Generic:
    List Price $449.99
    2-yr Contract Price $299.99
    Mail-in Rebate Card - $100.00
    *Online Price $199.99
    *2 yr contract-New service price

Wow, I sure am glad I was able to get the "Discount" due to my company affiliation! I might have wasted that $100 on something useless, like food...

I think I might just ask the sales person about those prices next time I am in the store..might be interesting to see what they say. Odds are, they will be clueless.....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    as i already mentioned, all premier accounts will receive the same end-price point. they just adjust the base price point higher or lower if necessary to account for different "discounts". it's the same on all phones no matter who you are or what company you work for.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blane64
    I am late to the discussion....I made a comment about the "Premier" site on another thread, and someone directed me here. Certainly is interesting, huh? I am not really a bidness-man, but I understand about preferred customers, volume discounts, etc so I can understand a slight variation in prices...SLIGHT.

I wonder is those of us that have Premier access would go in and check pricing on the same model (8300 Curve??) and post what we get premier and generic web price. My zip code is 76502.

Premier:
    Base Price$749.99
    Company Discount-$337.50
    Web Discount-$112.50
    Your Price*$299.99

Generic:
    List Price $449.99
    2-yr Contract Price $299.99
    Mail-in Rebate Card - $100.00
    *Online Price $199.99
    *2 yr contract-New service price

Wow, I sure am glad I was able to get the "Discount" due to my company affiliation! I might have wasted that $100 on something useless, like food...

I think I might just ask the sales person about those prices next time I am in the store..might be interesting to see what they say. Odds are, they will be clueless.....
    You can send in the Mail-in Rebate card for premier orders even though it is not displayed on the premier pricing. Mail-in rebates are valid as long as your receipt does not show $0 for the total order.

Device(s)
    One with buttons
    Carrier(s)
    Orange-Splat-Company
    Feedback Score
    You're missing two pieces:

(1) With the "Generic" you still pay $300 up front and have to send in the rebate form to get your $100 gift card. Net price $200.

(2) Premier price is $300 without adding voice + data plan. Add those and the Premier price becomes $150. Many people have successfully sent in and obtained rebates for Premier purchased phones. In that event, net price becomes $50.

Device(s)
    AT&T Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lew2
    (2) Premier price is $300 without adding voice + data plan. Add those and the Premier price becomes $150.
    So what is the downside of "adding" a voiceplan during premiere checkout, if you already have a plan? If you pick a plan you already have, does everything just stay the same?

Device(s)
    palm treo 750
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Cingular
    Feedback Score
    hey guys! one thing i noticed, any maybe some of you has already, that although the prices of the phones on the premier website doesn't appeal to you because it's still expensive, it's not always the case.

if you click on 'current offers', that's where you'll see what discount is really out there for you. i'm not too sure about current at&t customers, but if you're transferring to at&t, go through the process of online ordering. at the check out, it'll show you how much you're actually paying.

for example, there's a current offer on blackberry curve for $99.99 with unlimited data and voice of at least $39.99. although the phone reflects the full price of say $449, if you go through the online ordering and choose your voice and data plan, at the end it'll reflect the $99.99 on the phone and discounted service plan.

goodluck!

***ooopps, sorry. didn't read lew2's full post -- see #2.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dscline
    So what is the downside of "adding" a voiceplan during premiere checkout, if you already have a plan? If you pick a plan you already have, does everything just stay the same?
    only your contract might get extended for another two years.

Feedback Score
    won't the contract extend anyway? whether you choose a voice plan or not..?
    or well isnt the whole extension thing just a guess and check and luck method?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    sometimes your contract will not get extended. it's a crap-shoot.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast