Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: AT&T Premier Account (FAN) FAQ

Feedback Score
    I'm getting ready to switch over to At&t from verizon, and I was wondering if it's possible to add a premier line to an existing non-premier family plan. I only ask this because the Tilt came out today on Premier, but it still hasn't shown up on the non-premier store (also, premier has other benefits)

It seems like it's possible from the main premier screen, but it doesn't let me add a single line. Instead, it only gives me options for full plans.

Device(s)
    Moto Q9h Global
    Carrier(s)
    The big T
    Feedback Score
    While it doesn't always work, for those of us on FAN accounts, you can usually get the BEST pricing on handsets if you go into the retail stores and find one of the sales people to ring you up with your FAN equipment discount. The in-store MSRPs are always lower than the Premiere MSRPs. Just have the sales person look up your account, mention your FAN discount amount (they'll see it as well) and have them ring up your device.

I got the 8525 from the store this way for $599.99 MSRP - 50% = $299.98 OTD (minus tax). At the time, it was $1099.99 on Premiere, with like a $400 discount, and even the non-Premiere site showed it at $649 MSRP - $300 for various MIRs and web-only discounts.

Keep in mind that not all sales people will do this for one reason or another.

Device(s)
    AT&T Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm using FAN on an existing contract. My question is, when my contract expires will I be able to use my employee discount on further contracts I pursue?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GWHiZiTSPHiL
    I'm using FAN on an existing contract. My question is, when my contract expires will I be able to use my employee discount on further contracts I pursue?
    Yes. It continues so long as you maintain the relationship which qualified you for the FAN perks to begin with.

Device(s)
    AT&T Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timeless2
    Yes. It continues so long as you maintain the relationship which qualified you for the FAN perks to begin with.
    thanks for the answer.

Feedback Score
    Anytime, mate.

Device(s)
    Jesusphone v1 2.0.2 JB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wow, I just found out I could apply this to an existing account. Fantastic!

Device(s)
    Blackberry
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timeless2
    How would they find out if such a relationship had changed?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbucksSam
    How would they find out if such a relationship had changed?
    You told them.
    Your employer/organization told them.
    They asked for proof of association and you were unable to produce it.

Device(s)
    Samsung A727
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    i'm currently an intern w/ a company that i discovered has a premier account. after i stop working there will at&t be aware that i am no longer employed and cancel my discount or what?

Device(s)
    Motorola: Z9, V9, V3xx, V3, C168i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tgallen
    i'm currently an intern w/ a company that i discovered has a premier account. after i stop working there will at&t be aware that i am no longer employed and cancel my discount or what?
    probably not, but they might... wouldn't hurt to try i guess.

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    i just signed up with at&t and used my work email to qualify for fan number through my company. wow i like all the perks best this is if you call cs its transfers you right to business solutions cs ... they are open 7 days 24/7 awesome.. so far the coverage isnt bad either. Excellent professional Reps. they waived my activation fee just ask.. much better than verizon or t-mobile cs.

Device(s)
    Cingular 8125
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by werp
    You can send in the Mail-in Rebate card for premier orders even though it is not displayed on the premier pricing. Mail-in rebates are valid as long as your receipt does not show $0 for the total order.
    Is this confirmed? I tried asking a few different reps on the phone today about the tilt and if I can use the rebates on the main site and more said no than yes. There reason was because premier and main site are two different things but a lot of them could not give me a reason why regular pda plans were not showing up on premier either so go figure...

Device(s)
    Samsung A727
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    i'm about to try it, so i'll let everybody know if it works out

Feedback Score
    What would cause the actual number (account number) of a FAN to change? Last month mine is different from when I just checked my OLAM screen this morning. I know the last number was in place for a very long time prior.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast