Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: AT&T Premier Account (FAN) FAQ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timeless2
    What would cause the actual number (account number) of a FAN to change? Last month mine is different from when I just checked my OLAM screen this morning. I know the last number was in place for a very long time prior.
    ..............Anyone?

Device(s)
    9930 and 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Maybe your company entered into a new contract with AT&T?

Device(s)
    Jesusphone v1 2.0.2 JB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Maybe someone can answer a question based on my situation:

I signed a two-year contract in June as an upgrade and got a Blackjack. Right now, I am on the MM200 plan.

I was thinking about doing the $99 8525 deal that requires Unlimited Internet. Upgrading to the PDA plan is fine, as with my new discount it would only be $5 more a month than without the discount. I also don't care if it extends my contract.

My question is, is that it says I'm eligible for the upgrade now, five months later. Is this true? I don't want to order the phone with the new plan and have them charge me the full price of the phone.

Device(s)
    9930 and 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CocheseUGA
    Maybe someone can answer a question based on my situation:

I signed a two-year contract in June as an upgrade and got a Blackjack. Right now, I am on the MM200 plan.

I was thinking about doing the $99 8525 deal that requires Unlimited Internet. Upgrading to the PDA plan is fine, as with my new discount it would only be $5 more a month than without the discount. I also don't care if it extends my contract.

My question is, is that it says I'm eligible for the upgrade now, five months later. Is this true? I don't want to order the phone with the new plan and have them charge me the full price of the phone.
    Are you on a Premier account? If so, depending on what your company has contracted with AT&T, you may be eligible to upgrade several times a year. If you are not on a Premier account, just add what you want and go checkout. The price in the checkout is what you will be charged. Now your order may get automatically canceled if in fact you cannot upgrade at this time. Just try it and see what happens.

Device(s)
    Jesusphone v1 2.0.2 JB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well, I'll be doing it in January once I get some Christmas funds.

Here's where it confuses me: when I go through OLAM (which has my FAN# listed at the top), it won't let me upgrade the phone. When I use the link for Premier I got in my email, I can. It's very confusing.

As I've said, I've not gone through the entire process to see if it will actually work, because I don't have the cash right now.

Device(s)
    9930 and 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You could always call and see if you are eligible for an upgrade, that way you'll know for sure.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CocheseUGA
    Well, I'll be doing it in January once I get some Christmas funds.

Here's where it confuses me: when I go through OLAM (which has my FAN# listed at the top), it won't let me upgrade the phone. When I use the link for Premier I got in my email, I can. It's very confusing.

As I've said, I've not gone through the entire process to see if it will actually work, because I don't have the cash right now.
    I understand where you're coming from. Your best bet is to try and order when you're ready. I just signed up, received my first phone with discount, then ordered another phone through premier and my phone was at my doorstep 2 days later. Upgrade date remained the same.

Device(s)
    Jesusphone v1 2.0.2 JB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-I607/I607FG1 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 320x240) UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

I just went and looked at the 8525 in-store. I have no idea why I bought the Blackjack. Wow.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Hi,

I've had a Premier account for a while now, and my wife has an AT&T Wireless plan (i.e. before Cingular bought AT&T Wireless). We've been thinking of upgrading our phones and switching to a family plan. So a few questions to make sure I understand correctly:

1) Provided we do not get iPhones, I can merge her line into my account, drop her plan with the family plan, and get the Premier discounts, right? E.g. 550 family plan @ $59.99 - 17%
    2) How do data plans fit in this picture? Are data plans discounted? Is it possible to get a data family plan and a discount? Or are data plans individual (i.e. per line)?
    3) Were one of us to get an iPhone, how does that change the picture for the above 2 questions? I've heard somewhere that the iPhone cannot be the primary line or else you lose the Premier discount.
    4) Finally, she has a NYC area code whereas I have a NJ area code. Will she have to get a new number or can we have 2 lines with different area codes under my Premier account.

Thanks for your help! You guys are a great resource.

Device(s)
    N86
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    how often can i upgrade my phone with a UPS FAN account w/o extending my contract? Does anyone know?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Carrier(s)
    At&t Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Answered in your quote
    Quote Originally Posted by dc4517
    Hi,

I've had a Premier account for a while now, and my wife has an AT&T Wireless plan (i.e. before Cingular bought AT&T Wireless). We've been thinking of upgrading our phones and switching to a family plan. So a few questions to make sure I understand correctly:

1) Provided we do not get iPhones, I can merge her line into my account, drop her plan with the family plan, and get the Premier discounts, right? E.g. 550 family plan @ $59.99 - 17%yes
    2) How do data plans fit in this picture? Are data plans discounted? Is it possible to get a data family plan and a discount? Or are data plans individual (i.e. per line)? it depends on att's aggrement with your company.
    3) Were one of us to get an iPhone, how does that change the picture for the above 2 questions? I've heard somewhere that the iPhone cannot be the primary line or else you lose the Premier discount.yes, this is true, fans cannot be applied to any account with an iphone
    4) Finally, she has a NYC area code whereas I have a NJ area code. Will she have to get a new number or can we have 2 lines with different area codes under my Premier account.provided those two area codes are in the same market (out here so cal numbers are in the pacbell market, and norcal are NCA market) so you can have a 415 (SF) and a 510 (East SF Bay) and even 707 (Norther CA, Santa Rosa-napa and more) in the same account ask your rep if your area codes are in the same market

Thanks for your help! You guys are a great resource.
    Bold: Data, Text
    V60i (Hell yeah I rock vintage phones!): Voice Only

Next on the list: The next Blackberry?

Steve Jobs is a price fixin', money grubbin' ***hat. I wish I could be that capitalist.
    The iPad is an overpriced iPod touch with the giant screen feature
    How'd That Go?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GearTripper
    You can but your account will have a notice of Pending Upgrade or Upgrade In Progress until you follow the upgrade validation steps sent to you with your new phone. You may not be able to use the Premier site with that upgrade line again until this is completed. When you attempt to log into Premier and upgrade any line on your account, you may receive the following message:
    Error: Unfortunately, your request for adding to or upgrading existing service cannot be completed online at this time. To complete your transaction over the phone, please call (800) 845-9681, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Central Time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
    I put in the new SIM and activated it and I am still getting this message. Is there a way around this?

TIA

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS 32GB White
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    When does the Premier site usually have price changes? I know a couple of years ago, I noticed that the prices tended to change on Friday afternoons (at least from what I could tell). For all I know, it could be completely random now.

Device(s)
    Sanyo SCP-5500 / VM-4500
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    I don't think AT&T Premier discounts PDA phones...

"AMD - Sponsorship Exclusive Offers
    Contract Discounts
    40% Equipment Discount
    This is the amount you save on select equipment. The Equipment Discount is available on most voice devices, but is not available on wireless accessories, data-only devices, and most PDAs. Equipment Discount is available to you through your employer's qualified business agreement with AT&T. You must be a qualified employee or otherwise eligible to participate in your company's program in order to receive this benefit.

10% Service Discount
    This is the amount you will save on your rate plan's Monthly Service Charge. AT&T offers a variety of service discount structures. The amount of your service discount, and the charges to which it applies, are all subject to the arrangement between your company and AT&T. Under some service discount structures, this discount may also be applied to other qualified charges as well. You should contact your management or the appropriate department within your company responsible for wireless program administration with questions on the specific discount available to you. Service discount is available to you through your employer's qualified business agreement with AT&T. You must be a qualified employee or otherwise eligible to participate in your company's program in order to receive this benefit.
    "

Does anyone's discount vary? -- You find this information when you log into Premier, and click on "Current Offers"

Also, there are list of mail-in rebates under "Current Offers." There are many for PDAs too...
    Sanyo SCP-5500

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My University discount is only 15% on service.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast