Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Cellular South thread

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    The "PDA Phones" due out in this quarter are both Treos; 755p and 700xw... both dated and more or less antiquated as hell.

I do also know they're testing the Pearl and another Samsung Flip phone but no other specifics.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    The 6800 is "Not in testing at this time."

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yea, thats the same response I get when asking about the V9m. Think I'll ask them about one thats not even invented yet, see if the response is the same. lol

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rockey
    I'm about to switch over to Cell South today from AT?&T, i've been with Cingular for many years but have decided after i got my bill last month i had gone over my $4.99 texting plan with 200 texts that i'd go with Cell South's unlimited text for $7.99 and with their unlimited plan for $59.99 and in the process do away with my home phone. I'm located in Hattiesburg, Ms and from everyone i've talked to they have had no problems with CS except their limited availability of phones that they offer, what do you all think about CS?
    Rockey
    Generally their CS is very good. They actually listen. I believe that they have changed two policies as a direct result of my fussing at them. They reduced their rediculous international calling rates and implemented an a la carte texting plan. On the other hand, I wouldn't touch Brew with a ten-foot pole and they're the last carrier in the world I'd pick for international travel.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    ST
    Feedback Score
    just swapped over yesterday and the young girl doing my phonebook transfer from my Treo to my new Razor didnt get all of my contact swapped over so i called Customer Service and they were very cordial so no complaints yet.
    So far the service has been very good and again i love the unlimited text messaging.
    Thanks
    Rockey

Feedback Score
    anyone know the code to get into the program menu on a cellular south phone?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    It depends on the hardware; has nothing to do with the provider. I suggest Google.

Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States, 108528479168913, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
    Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if there is evdo in hattiesburg? Also can you surf the net with the krzr? Thanks

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I don't think CS has EVDO yet. You can surf the net with a krzr but I think you need that 5.99 monthly unlimited BREW or you'll be charged "per use".

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    They do have EVDO in some areas of Mississippi; they've got a coverage map on their site, I would suggest you take a look there.

On the subject of CS, I just called and spoke to a Business Sales rep at the corporate office who is putting me in touch with a local rep, it dawned on me that I've owned my 6700 longer than any phone in my entire life and the reason is simply because they have not come out with another Pocket PC at all in over 2 years.

That is simply unacceptable.

My plan is to make enough noise with the reps who report to the people that sit in meetings with the equipment decision makers in hopes of getting some devices that aren't ancient (aside from Blackberries and Treos which they seem to release once a week).

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    PPC-6800 is confirmed to be in the hands of testers.
    Last edited by w0rdie; 09-26-2007 at 04:48 PM.

Feedback Score

CS 8830 BlackBerry---Unlocked?

Hi guys...I posted this in the RIM forum but thought it might get more attention here- Is the Cellular South Blackberry 8830 World phone unlocked (sim) as Sprint's is?

I travel to mexico every 6 weeks for about a week each time, and would like to use the SIM for international roaming. Im currently having to roam on analog in Chihuahua and it sux. It appears the CDMA provider doesnt have a roaming agreement with Cellular South.
    Last edited by mixer99; 09-26-2007 at 06:57 PM. Reason: clarity

Device(s)
    Motorola G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    C Spire
    Feedback Score
    I do not know if the phone is unlocked. I would think that it would be.
    This is what they told me if I wanted my Cellular South number to work when I am out of the country.

"The only device that we offer that will work in this area is the Blackberry 8830 World Edition. You would need a Vodafone Prepaid SIM Card that is $129.99 for 100 minutes."

I did not like that plan, so I got a world sim chip from Celtrek with a US number. I could have forwarded my Cellular South number to the Celtrek number but did not want to get all of my calls. I think that the world phone setup is not a good idea.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, Im not fond of the prepaid sim thing at all. In fact, Im not going to do it. I think I will get a telcel sim when I get to chihuahua if I can not figure out how to roam on the cdma network in chihuahua. Cell south says they have a roaming agreement, but my nokia only works if in analog, not 1x. However, there is a separate provider on the "D" band, which I assume is just another CDMA provider???? However, I cant figure out how to switch to them on my phone...I can only seem to either get Analog only or 1x....any ideas how to switch to the D provider with my nokia 6265i slider?

Also, I wonder if the 8830 worldphone allows you to pick providers when roaming?

Feedback Score
    I can confirm from personal experience that the sim slot on the 8830 is in fact unlocked. FYI.

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 ... LastLast