Thread: How long til Verizon cuts you off due to non payment

Phones
    Voyager
    LG VX8700
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

How long til Verizon cuts you off due to non payment

hey all.. I've came upon a little financial difficulty and I was wondering how long verizon goes before disconnecting service. My bill was due August 15 and I now have another one due September 15... Thanks to anyone who can help

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Feedback Score
    Mine got cut off after 2 months of non-payment.

Phones
    Droid BIONIC
    VZW iPhone 4 (Sold)
    OG Droid (Sold)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Call and setup a reasonable arrangement. Its better to have something setup to pay some now, some later. If you are rarely late, they won't cut ya off quickly, but if you become consistently late, I can imagine they will cut ya off sooner rather then later to protect their revenue.

Phones
    iPhone 4S
    Samsung R355C (wife's)
    Motorola V600 (oversea travel)
    Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Mine was almost cut off but they called to let me know it past due for more then 2 months. I told them I would pay the portion that I owed now and the next one later. He said fine and I paid the past due amount and worked out with them. If you are polite and tell them your situation, they're willing to work with you. That's 2 years ago in my case.

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i believe their policy is the 2nd month of non-payment. but they want their money so they will help schedule a payment plan out if they know you are having difficulties if you dont tell them then they just assume your a bum and doesnt want to pay his bill

Phones
    LG KE770 Shine(X2)
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Nokia N81 8GB
    Carriers
    T-Mobile |
    Feedback Score
    A buddy of mine went 11 months without paying or something... He had like 2700$ in bills. Of course he had flawless credit at the time... Haha not anymore.

Phones
    Moto Droid (Me)
    Alias 2 (wife)
    Boulder (son)
    Carriers
    Verizon (since 2006);
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chasehx
    A buddy of mine went 11 months without paying or something... He had like 2700$ in bills. Of course he had flawless credit at the time... Haha not anymore.
    There is no way his service wasn't interrupted. The O.P. was asking how long until it will be.

Once you are over 30 days past due, there is no guarantee your service can/will be interrupted. Like its been mentioned in here, call *611 and ask the CS rep to send you over to Financial Services. You really don't want to be in collection status or write off status if you have any concern for your credit rating.

Phones
    Orange LG enV (VX-9900)
    LG VX-4500 (retired/for sale)
    Motorola i60c (retired/for sale)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    They have a department that works with people that have fallen on hard times like unemployment. They want to keep you and make a good impression on people.

Also they send text messages (I think you need to turn on the option to recieve text alerts on the My Account page) asking you to call Verizon Wireless a day or two before they cut you off. I think they also call your main home number with a 224 area code or something also.

Phones
    Moto Droid (Me)
    Alias 2 (wife)
    Boulder (son)
    Carriers
    Verizon (since 2006);
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CPeanutG
    They have a department that works with people that have fallen on hard times like unemployment. They want to keep you and make a good impression on people.

Also they send text messages (I think you need to turn on the option to recieve text alerts on the My Account page) asking you to call Verizon Wireless a day or two before they cut you off. I think they also call your main home number with a 224 area code or something also.
    I thought I pretty well answered the question. The department is called Financial Services. I probably transferred 15 to 20 people to Financial Services today alone because of past due balances. I also want to mention that a reconnect fee is $15 per line if it was shut off because of the past due balance. That gets a little expensive if you have several lines on the same account.

Phones
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have a friend that they let him get almost $600 behind before they shut him off. He got a call after he was shut off for a month and was told that he would have to pay up, or he would lose his number, be turned over to collections, and probably would have to pay a deposit to get service again. He paid. Lets just say he has not learned his lesson, and the second time they shut him off he did not get to the due date of the second bill. He is behind again and approaching his due date for the second bill soon and so far has not been shut off, but I expect it to be shut off any day now. I have done all I can do for him, reminded him, sent him reminders, ect, and he still does not pay it. I have my own bills to pay let alone worry about him getting his paid, so he is on his own now.

So anyways, I would say your first time they give you the benefit of the doubt, but after that you are on a short leash, at least that is how it works for him anyway, waiting for his 3rd time to get shut off.

Verizon gets and extra $30 out of him for reconnect fees and $5 for late charge, think he would learn to pay the bill on time.

As everyone has said, call them, I am sure they will work with you, but they will want something monthly extra on top of your normal amounts so you can get caught up. Best taking care of it now while it is managable before it gets out of hand.

Phones
    iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G (replaced), LG CU575, LG VX 8700, LG VX8600(replaced)
    iPhone 4S 32GB(Current)
    iPhone 3G 8GB(Sold), iPhone 4 16GB(Stop Working)
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    The time your service can be interrupted depends on your payment history...but your account will not have any collection activity until 12 days after your due date(this is for customers in the South region, not sure about the other regions)
    FamilyTalk Nation 1400 w/ 4 Lines
    Family Messaging Unlimited
    iPhone Data Unlimited
    Uverse TV U450
    Bright House Internet 20/2

I'm an AT&T employee, my posts do not reflect the opinions or decisions of AT&T Companies!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

My Broadband Service From Bright House

My Cellular Service from at&t

Phone
    Moto X
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Usually it's 60 days before shut-off, but as others have said, try to work something out with Verizon. They are flexible.

Also, if you do happen to get some extra cash - $5 here, $10 there - go to a Verizon store and use their paypoint kiosk. Let them see you are trying your best and they will take that into account.
    It must excel as a phone first. Everything else is secondary.