TyTN II
    iPhone
    Nokia 8801
    Carriers
    Fido
    012/017
    Feedback Score

HTC Tytn II soft reset button

Kaiser owner need your help.. When I reset my Unit I need to poke the Stylus into the reset button pretty hard for few seconds in order for my unit to reset.. Is this normal for Kaiser? My previous Dopod 818 pro and iPAQ can be reset easily by lightly poke the stylus into the reset button.? Do you think my soft reset is kindda defective?

Thanks!

Phone
    HTC Kaiser
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jlee
    Kaiser owner need your help.. When I reset my Unit I need to poke the Stylus into the reset button pretty hard for few seconds in order for my unit to reset.. Is this normal for Kaiser? My previous Dopod 818 pro and iPAQ can be reset easily by lightly poke the stylus into the reset button.? Do you think my soft reset is kindda defective?

Thanks!
    I am new to the ppc world - Kaiser is my first - but on the two occasions I have
    had to soft reset it took just a quick press. I felt a small resistance soft click as I did it... Hope this helps.
    Just because something's fixed doesn't mean you can't break it....

Alan Rickman as Phil Allen
    Blow Dry..... 2001
    Director Paddy Breathnach

Kais130
    ROM Version: 1.56.405.5
    ROM Date: 08/28/07
    Radio Version: 1.27.12.11
    Protocol Version: 22.45.88.07H

Phone
    HTC TyTn
    Carrier
    O2
    Feedback Score
    Don't think it's defective. I have noticed on mine that the stylus hole is a very tight fit for the stylus tip so it does require a firm push on mine as well.

Mike
    Michael Channon BA LicIPD
    Director Target Training Ltd Aberdeen Scotland Formerly Craigellachie Speyside Moray Speyside High School, Aberlour, RGIT, SQA, HTC TyTn XDA Developers

Phones
    TyTN II
    iPhone
    Nokia 8801
    Carriers
    Fido
    012/017
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikechannon
    Don't think it's defective. I have noticed on mine that the stylus hole is a very tight fit for the stylus tip so it does require a firm push on mine as well.

Mike

You are right I use a small pin the reset works with a light press so stylus is not the correct object for reset.

Phone
    HTC TyTn
    Carrier
    O2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jlee
    You are right I use a small pin the reset works with a light press so stylus is not the correct object for reset.
    Yes I think you're right- better than forcing the stylus in if its too tight as you could end up breaking the switch.

Mike

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    The reset hole isn't that big compared to older models, but it you angle the stylus, you won't have to press hard.