Device(s)
    HTC Kaiser
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

XV6800 Release Thread - We all want to cry about it, don't post it

Summary so far:

We heard rumors of October 15th-ish.

Also, information was given to me that the XV6800 failed the last round of tests.

Pretty much, we know nothing at this point.

Do not post whiney comments on how you're going to go get another phone, love your Iphone, compare phones, etc. ONLY TALK ABOUT THE POTENTIONAL RELEASE DATE. We don't want another thread closed

Device(s)
    HTC Titan
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Where'd your information come from?

Device(s)
    HTC Kaiser
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Local reps. Got a long history with them. I believe they got it from their data contact.

Device(s)
    XV6800 (woohoo! it took long enough)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So... on my way to dinner over the weekend, I decided to stop by a Verizon store to see if I could get any more info. I asked the rep if she knew anything about the 6800 and the response was "if we had a launch date, I couldn't tell you." Upon talking a little more, she asked me about the features of the phone and I recited what I knew. She said it sounded like a nice phone and said she might get one whenever they're released.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+, aluminum foil hat
    Carrier(s)
    Chevy Volt
    Feedback Score
    I did speak to a support staff representative on the phone when i was trying to troubleshoot my (lemon) latest 6700 phone. He said he too was frustrated about the lack of communication from the higher ups. The said he was sure it would be before the end of the year..... but this was just a total guess. ah well.

Device(s)
    XV9800.. fallin apart quick
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    first post here but i've been followin these threads since late may.. but idk has anyone noticed on verizonwireless.com tht the 6700 says "OUT OF STOCK" ??? good sign possibly??

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-i760
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Screename26
    first post here but i've been followin these threads since late may.. but idk has anyone noticed on verizonwireless.com tht the 6700 says "OUT OF STOCK" ??? good sign possibly??
    Means nothing. It's been out of stock before, then came back in stock, and just now, is out of stock again.....

It's like they don't spot any more cartons in the warehouse, mark it out of stock, then some schmuck finds another pallet buried way in the back behind the 250 pallets of Razrs they're still trying to move....

Me, I'm still (sort of) hoping for the 15th.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It seemed strange to me that they would release two phones with almost the same exact profile (i760 and vx6800.)

I understand they released the 700W and 6700 together, but it seems as though these two much anticipated phones are much closer in specs. Maybe the hold up on both phones is due to Verizon trying to make a decision between the two?

Device(s)
    Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Not that it means anything but Testman is down again...plus the 6700 is back in and out of stock a couple of times...

Again, I know this doesn't necessarily mean anything...

Device(s)
    HTC Kaiser
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Sweet, we're keeping all the questions and answers legit so far, yay! Thanks guys/gals

Device(s)
    HTC Kaiser
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    just found this. Maybe it's a good thing VZW hasn't released this phone yet?
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...g-re-sync.html

There even is a petition to get their phones fixed. They're claiming MANY bugs in the firmware
    http://www.petitiononline.com/mogulfix/petition.html

Device(s)
    Mogul
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by peterfnet
    just found this. Maybe it's a good thing VZW hasn't released this phone yet?
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...g-re-sync.html

There even is a petition to get their phones fixed. They're claiming MANY bugs in the firmware
    http://www.petitiononline.com/mogulfix/petition.html
    Even if Verizon takes until 2015 to release this phone, there will still be bugs... There will never be a smartphone that has no bugs. There are just too many 3rd party programs, users who like to tweak regs, users who simply do not understand smartphone, etc. to allow a smartphone to exist without someone somewhere finding a fault.

Verizon... release the phone and copy Apple's playbook in that patches are released fairly often.

Carrier(s)
    Veezeedubulu, Veri-zoo, "The Network"
    Feedback Score
    I talked to another rep today. I was told wait until the 17th of Oct. but he couldn't tell me why... He too wanted this phone and has been waiting forever like the rest of us. (BUT Verizon likes to release stuff on Wednesdays, which is the 17th.) Hopefully that means they're releasing it then?!?

Take that with a grain of salt though. Considering the rumor about the latest test's failing.

Call up your local stores, see what you can get out of them!

Device(s)
    Motorola Q (Silver)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've followed this thread for a month or so, and recently acquired access to a b2b site through work... But as of now I do not see the 6800 listed yet.

Another Note:
    On the Verizon site, the 6700 says out of stock as others have mentioned.
    But on the b2b the 6700 shows as available...

I don't know if this is bad or worse news... If the two week window is true this would put the release date (if it's really on wednesdays) past the supposed date of Oct.17. Hopefully this isn't the case, but we won't know until it's really released anyway. Just my 2 cent...

Device(s)
    XV-6700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    the 6700 being out of stock is just regional. enter a different city/state or zip code and you won't get the out of stock message. so showing out of stock means zero.

Page 1 of 113 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 101 ... LastLast