Thread: Send copy of text message to email account?

Phones
    HTC Incredible
    HTC Eris
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Send copy of text message to email account?

Anyone know if it is possible to configure a phone to send a copy of every text message sent or received from the phone to an email account? Can this be done so that the user of the phone does not know it is happening?

The reason I ask, is that a co-worker was told by her ex that he can see every text message that she sends or receives, because he gets a copy. Now she is a bit spooked, because he is a few sandwiches short of a picnic. She asked me if this was possible and I told her that as far as I know, it isn't.

Apparently, the ex works at Circuit City or such and claims that they have a special partnership with Verizon and can do this. Personally, I think he's left the cap off of too many markers, but I digress...

Phone
    BlackBerry 8830
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Even reps in stores can only access time/date/mtn from each text message, not the actual contents. As far as I know regular phones do not have an option to forward messages automatically.

Phones
    Motorola Maxx Ve- Probably the best phone I've ever had!
    Droid Eris- Good Riddance
    Droid Bionic- Once again back to moto build quality
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Looking at T-Mobile Prepaid 4G
    Feedback Score
    Forwarding is not possible. And the only way to get records is with a subpoena.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    Assimilated on Aug 7 1993
    Feedback Score
    you can forward any text message to any email address but not automatically and the person who recieves it would have to do it , not their ex unless it is being sent to their phone.
    sounds like a jealous, control freak attempt at domination by the ex. usually you can out "bully " them really easy cuz they are so busy being smart they are dumb as crap.
    I went through the attempts to control my wife by her ex too. it took a while but he finally figured out that he wasnt going to control her anymore and moved on. now he just pouts like a lillte boy when they talk.
    tell your coworker to call the exs bluff
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus / Google Nexus 7
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Stuff like that only happens on GSM phones.

My Feedback

Free eBook, worth a read.

Phones
    Samsung SCHu350
    Samsung SCHa950
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Apart from his being full of ****, she should send a letter to VZW AND copy it to that kiosk's manager. (The CC kiosks are corporate-owned/run.) Unless VZW's HR and Legal Departments are asleep at the wheel, the guy will likely find himself having trouble paying for replacement sandwiches PDQ or at least get a good scare along with a letter of reprimand - or whatever they do - put in his file... not for harassing the ex, per se, but for purporting to be able to misuse his position at VZW. That's the kind of thing big companies like VZW tend to really frown on, and since he's doing it for an illegal purpose (which he is, strictly speaking), that's even better/worse...

Phones
    HTC Incredible
    HTC Eris
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the responses everyone... I pretty much figure he was just running off at the mouth. I'll pass along the info... Hopefully, she does decide to follow up and contact VZW and the kiosk's manager.

Phones
    Apple iPhone 4 32GB
    Apple iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, VZW employees and partners shouldn't be doing anything like that. Last year (I think it was), someone posted on here about them & their family being harassed by a VZW employee that found their #'s in their system and went psycho on the entire family (might of been the guy's ex-girlfriend or something - I forget). I forget why she went psycho on them. I'm sure you can find the thread in here somewhere. But the guy took legal action against her. I'm not sure what the outcome was. I'm pretty sure that she lost her job.
    We are [TheBORG]. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
    * FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! *
    "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

Phones
    Samsung a930
    (Soon) Samsung i760
    Nokia 6236i
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It's possible.

When a phone ESN is changed on the account - sometimes the old phone will receive texts as well as the new phone.

There is also the possibility of 'cloning', where-as 2 phones share the same ESN and both received messages, etc... I've seen this done, but it is very rare, and it can result in a lot of trouble.

I suggest her calling customer service and explaining the situation and asking to speak with someone in the data department... they can / will monitor her line for a while.

Phones
    Samsung SCHu350
    Samsung SCHa950
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by derickONFIRE
    It's possible.

When a phone ESN is changed on the account - sometimes the old phone will receive texts as well as the new phone.

There is also the possibility of 'cloning', where-as 2 phones share the same ESN and both received messages, etc... I've seen this done, but it is very rare, and it can result in a lot of trouble.

I suggest her calling customer service and explaining the situation and asking to speak with someone in the data department... they can / will monitor her line for a while.
    Realistically, the chances that a nutjob-type is doing either of things is remote to non-existent. Indeed, chances are overwhelming he just said it cause it sounded "scary" to him and he works for VZW. So not only is a few cans short of a six-pack, assuming he is, he's obviously also pretty dumb.

Phones
    Samsung SCHu350
    Samsung SCHa950
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spy021
    I'll pass along the info...
    FWIW, my post assumed these are fully grown adults who should know better, in which case IMNSHO, any sort of "threat" like that from an ex is potentially serious (even if what they threaten to do isn't that big a deal by itself.) But if they're just a couple of 19-20-odd year old idiots who still see each other because they hang out with the same friends and whatnot and he was just being a generic ***hole, then screwing with his job (and employment history, etc.) would be awfully extreme under the circumstances.

Phones
    Samsung a930
    (Soon) Samsung i760
    Nokia 6236i
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Agreed.

I was just stating some possibilities that no one else brought up.