Thread: Convert voicemail to ringtone?

Feedback Score

Convert voicemail to ringtone?

I have a voicemail that I would like to have as a ringtone on my LG VX8700. I've thought about re-recording it but would like to retain original quality. Is this possible? If so, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Phone
    Nexus 4, LG G2, Moto G
    Carriers
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jboudre
    I have a voicemail that I would like to have as a ringtone on my LG VX8700. I've thought about re-recording it but would like to retain original quality. Is this possible? If so, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
    Re-recording it is your only option because voicemails are not stored in the phone, but on a voicemail server somewhere else.
    - If ignorance is bliss, why are there not more happy people in the world?

Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (AICP 6.0 ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC DNA, HTC One (M7), Motorola Moto G GPE
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

Phone
    Droid Commando iPhone4
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jboudre

Thanks!
    Yes, just record it with your phone (use the Voice-memo feature) while you are listening to the message, then "send" the sound to yourself via SMS, and "save as ringtone"

Feedback Score
    just go to www.phonezoo.com and you can make ringtones and txt msg them to yourself and then save as a ringtone.

Phone
    Droid Commando iPhone4
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TanyaAD138
    just go to www.phonezoo.com and you can make ringtones and txt msg them to yourself and then save as a ringtone.
    Thanks Tanya for this info. I'm sure a "ringtone" thread may be a bit more appropriate for this info though.
    The OP (original poster)'s question was about converting a Voicemail to a ringtone. Now, If they could have "phonezoo" check their messages and create a ringtone from it, that would help. But, as far as I know, that's not going to happen.

Feedback Score
    Uh if you paid any attention you'd see they were asking to create a soundfile they have to a ringtone. Granted, their voice mail wont do it BUT THE LINK ABOVE WILL.

I dont own that site so what do i care what kinda traffic they get? But that site will possibly help the OP, as they are asking to be "pointed in the right direction"

So therefore, if you were paying attention you'd see my comment belongs where it is.

- Tanya A.D.

Feedback Score
    Uh if you paid any attention you'd see they were asking to create a soundfile they have to a ringtone. Granted, their voice mail wont do it BUT THE LINK ABOVE WILL.

I dont own that site so what do i care what kinda traffic they get? But that site will possibly help the OP, as they are asking to be "pointed in the right direction"

So therefore, if you were paying attention you'd see my comment belongs where it is.

- Tanya A.D.
    I'm pretty sure the original poster specifically mentioned "Convert voicemail to ringtone?" only refering to voicemail and with no mention of a sound file.

Feedback Score
    I wish these cell phone providers would give us the option of downloading our voicemails to our computer. Everyone else has this feature.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hahahahhaha
    I wish these cell phone providers would give us the option of downloading our voicemails to our computer. Everyone else has this feature.
    Everyone else?

Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus / Google Nexus 7
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade DM
    Everyone else?
    Do a quick search by user name, and see that all 8 of his posts have been way off base.

My Feedback

Free eBook, worth a read.

Phone
    Droid Commando iPhone4
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Uh if you paid any attention you'd see they were asking to create a soundfile they have to a ringtone.
    Actually, not really.
    Tanya, you may need to Click Here or perhaps Here

Feedback Score
    Thanks to everyone for the informative and entertaining responses! I apologize for posting this question in the wrong forum. Thanks for not chastizing this most humble newbie.

Ashaneen, I tried to record as I was playing the message in voicemail, but the recorder wouldn't come on. It could be a problem with this unit. It has other problems and will be taken to the shop tomorrow. I will retry when this is fixed.

Tanya, I am familiar with phonezoo but do not have the necessary sound file recorded yet for uploading to their site. I've never created a ringtone but have downloaded a few.