Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast

Thread: AT&T Tilt - Tricks, Tips, Hacks and Software

Device(s)
    8525 - Cingular
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

AT&T Tilt - Tricks, Tips, Hacks and Software

Since many of us are probably now busy setting up our Tilt's I thought I would start a thread to solicit some assisistance on Tricks, Tips, Hacks and Software. I know there are many WM6 geeks out there who I am sure can offer us some assistance.

Device(s)
    8525 - Cingular
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Remove AT&T Bloatware

My first quest was to remove the AT&T Bloatware:-

After backing up my device I performed a hard reset. The first screen that pops up says '..customizations will begin in 3 seconds...'. If you hit the reset button and reboot the device before it starts it will not load the AT&T Bloat.

Please be warned. It also will not load all the ATT specific settings so you will have to figure out all the setting for MEdiaNet, MMS, Proxy etc etc and manually configure each of those functions.

Device(s)
    8525 - Cingular
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Worldcard Mobile

Does anyone know where I can get the Worldcard Mobile Software that AT&T in their 'wisdom' decided to remove?

Device(s)
    AT&T Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tribalgifts
    Does anyone know where I can get the Worldcard Mobile Software that AT&T in their 'wisdom' decided to remove?
    AT&T didn't remove the worldcard applictaion. It's not part of WM6. HTC just added it to their TYTN II branded phone along with the teaser version of TomTom and other applications.

Device(s)
    TILT
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Turn off notification that SMS messages are sent.

Registry:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings you need to create a DWORD, title SMSNoSentMsg and value 1

Device(s)
    AT&T Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Someone should compile a sticky on all the tips/hacks/tweaks...

can stuff be "uninstalled" afterwards? like, what if we want certain programs, but don't want anything else? also, when it begins "customization"... doesn't that mean the cab files and whatnot are already on the phone? so can't you just manually remove them first before doing a hard reset? I'm confused a little with all this... I just want to remove crap like all the demo games...

I guess I'll boot it up with bloatware when I get my tilt, copy down all the setting, and go from there.

Here's the link on how to install the HTC Home Plug...

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1252634

Device(s)
    htc kaiser
    Carrier(s)
    deathstar mobile
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    8525 - Cingular
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AznAtama
    can stuff be "uninstalled" afterwards? like, what if we want certain programs, but don't want anything else? also, when it begins "customization"... doesn't that mean the cab files and whatnot are already on the phone? so can't you just manually remove them first before doing a hard reset? I'm confused a little with all this... I just want to remove crap like all the demo games...
    When customization begins it adds all the AT&T applications and links like the AT&T Music and AT&T Mall, AT&T homescreen, Get TelNav, Get xpressmail, OZ internet Messenger, Midlets, Games, Push to Talk, Cellular Video, etc.

So its all or nothing, to customize or not to customize

By not customizing you do have the choice of only installing the programs you want, most of these apps can be reinstalled from MediaNet or XDA Developer forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AznAtama
    Here's the link on how to install the HTC Home Plug...
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1252634
    Thanks for the link.

Device(s)
    8525 - Cingular
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mz
    Turn off notification that SMS messages are sent.

Registry:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings you need to create a DWORD, title SMSNoSentMsg and value 1
    Nice one, Thanks

Device(s)
    Streakin w/16gig
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score

After backing up my device I performed a hard reset. The first screen that pops up says '..customizations will begin in 3 seconds...'. If you hit the reset button and reboot the device before it starts it will not load the AT&T Bloat.

Please be warned. It also will not load all the ATT specific settings so you will have to figure out all the setting for MEdiaNet, MMS, Proxy etc etc and manually configure each of those functions.
    you can download the at&t cab and install it no issues. dont have it handy but ill up it to rapidshare later
    affect change and churn baby churn

want to contribute to a ringtone collection? want to archive and be able to get others archived rings? im planning on putting together a nice lil collection of users rings just email [email protected] your rings and ill put them together in a lil zip for all free of course.

the unofficial howard forums user contributed ringtones.

howard.f # 2 unofficial ringers user contribs

1000th post 4:55 pm 5/7/2007

Device(s)
    Streakin w/16gig
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    When customization begins it adds all the AT&T applications and links like the AT&T Music and AT&T Mall, AT&T homescreen, Get TelNav, Get xpressmail, OZ internet Messenger, Midlets, Games, Push to Talk, Cellular Video, etc.

By not customizing you do have the choice of only installing the programs you want, most of these apps can be reinstalled from MediaNet or XDA Developer forum.

Thanks for the link.
    when the location for the files are unlocked you will be able to install the apps one at a time.

Device(s)
    AT&T Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    where's the location for the files? and I'm sure that it's not names "get_telenav_link.cab" and [insert program name here].cab... so if anyone can post up name of the cab files, what program they correspond to, and what location these cab files are stored? More importantly, the ATT settings... I'd rather not have to spend the time to input everything separately if I can avoid it.

Also, be casreful of what you install from xda-developers.com... a lot of stuff has a possibility of bricking your phone, just be away and know what you're doing. some stuff is safe and tested, while some is not. in any case, just be sure you know what you're getting into when you start installing random unsupported tweaks and mods (this warning goes with anything really...)

Thanks

Feedback Score

I am new to WM. Where can I find all of the ATT Com settings to copy prior to resetting device? Or is there a batch file that will handle?

Thanks
    KD

Device(s)
    Palm Treo Pro
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T 'til May...
    Feedback Score
    i am sure that there is a way to load individual .cab files for the specifics that you want... at least there was a way to do it with the VZW XV6700.

EDIT:: Someone with TILT will have to confirm that this works as I do not have it yet, but I am almost certain it will.

And here is what Oleg106 says about Accessing the Extended ROM

Accessing the extended ROM is easy, you just need to goto registry and change 2 keys to unhide it. When this is done, reset and you will see the Extended ROM in File Explorer. From there, you can run all the needed cabs. No need to run any ROM unlockers, files cannot be deleted from this partition so there is no risk of losing anything. Btw, the MMS stuff takes up like 5MB. I don't use it and see no reason to pay Verizon money to send these useless messages.

"How would i access the extended ROM cabs, etc. after removing the VZ stuff?" You are not removing anything, you're just not installing the customizations.

"Do you have "Device Lock" on the today screen after removing the VZ stuff?"
    Not sure what you mean by device lock. Everything works like it should.

Keys:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\AutoLoad\ TRUEFFS_DOC1]
    "Bootphase"=dword:00000002

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\ TRUEFFS_DOC1]
    "MountHidden"=dword:00000000

INFORMATION WAS OBTAINED FROM: http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...9&postcount=13
    If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is!
    Palm Treo Pro on AT&T

Device(s)
    iPhone 7/7+, Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T & Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Is there any way to enable one of the softkeys to do a device lock or have the ability to lock it by holding down the call end key as you can on the Kaiser?

Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast