Telus HTC Hero
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Now I just need to get a Tilt!!

Device(s)
    Tilt
    Feedback Score
    Is there a way to adjust the ringer volume and set to vibrate without tapping the screen? I'm coming from an 8125 where the slider on the side did this.

Device(s)
    Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Ive only seen it to tap on the speaker icon on the top, this is to adjust the ringer volume & vibrate function. To adjust just the ringer volume use the joggle on the left side

Device(s)
    AT&T Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NC*Nextel
    i am sure that there is a way to load individual .cab files for the specifics that you want... at least there was a way to do it with the VZW XV6700.

EDIT:: Someone with TILT will have to confirm that this works as I do not have it yet, but I am almost certain it will.

And here is what Oleg106 says about Accessing the Extended ROM

Accessing the extended ROM is easy, you just need to goto registry and change 2 keys to unhide it. When this is done, reset and you will see the Extended ROM in File Explorer. From there, you can run all the needed cabs. No need to run any ROM unlockers, files cannot be deleted from this partition so there is no risk of losing anything. Btw, the MMS stuff takes up like 5MB. I don't use it and see no reason to pay Verizon money to send these useless messages.

"How would i access the extended ROM cabs, etc. after removing the VZ stuff?" You are not removing anything, you're just not installing the customizations.

"Do you have "Device Lock" on the today screen after removing the VZ stuff?"
    Not sure what you mean by device lock. Everything works like it should.

Keys:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\AutoLoad\ TRUEFFS_DOC1]
    "Bootphase"=dword:00000002

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\ TRUEFFS_DOC1]
    "MountHidden"=dword:00000000

INFORMATION WAS OBTAINED FROM: http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...9&postcount=13
    The Tilt doesn't have an Extended Rom. Your registry hacks won't work.

Feedback Score

Express Mail and Gmail

I set up Express Mail with Gmail and ran into the problem of it trying to download every archived conversation in my gmail account. Settings for Express Mail seem few and scanty.

My only objective is to get notification on my "Today" screen when I have an incoming Gmail message. Can anyone suggest a fix for Express Mail, or a way to put Gmail's Java app. on the today screen?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Apple Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon44
    I set up Express Mail with Gmail and ran into the problem of it trying to download every archived conversation in my gmail account. Settings for Express Mail seem few and scanty.

My only objective is to get notification on my "Today" screen when I have an incoming Gmail message. Can anyone suggest a fix for Express Mail, or a way to put Gmail's Java app. on the today screen?

Thanks in advance,

Jon
    Uninstall Xpress mail, and don't use it. Before you do TURN OFF PUSH by going in to xpress mail settings and unchecking 'push', otherwise you'll get garbage SMS messages from the Xpress mail server because it won't know you uninstalled the app.

Xpress Mail is Seven Mail V6.
    Seven is doing an open public beta of Seven Mail V7 which has been out for 6 months and is very solid. In fact I think it's in release candidate state.
    Seven Mail V7 is a total redesign and is much better.
    http://preview.seven.com/
    It's free to use also.
    Register and download device:"other" and pick the PPC download.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Here's a tweak.
    Enable the "H" Icon for "HSDPA"
    They turned it off so you only see "3G"
    "3G"=UMTS
    "H"=HSDPA
    You don't need to do this registry tweak, it'll still use HSDPA when sending/receiving, but turning on the "H" will let you see when it is.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\RIL
    "EnableHSDPAIcon"=dword:00000001

The default value is set as "0", just change it to "1"
    A reboot may be necessary to take effect.

If anyone finds a way to turn off the touchflo 'tick' 'tick' sounds, let me know. There's no touchflo settings icon in the settings menu and I can't find it in the registry.

Device(s)
    TILT
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RF9
    Uninstall Xpress mail, and don't use it. Before you do TURN OFF PUSH by going in to xpress mail settings and unchecking 'push', otherwise you'll get garbage SMS messages from the Xpress mail server because it won't know you uninstalled the app.

Xpress Mail is Seven Mail V6.
    Seven is doing an open public beta of Seven Mail V7 which has been out for 6 months and is very solid. In fact I think it's in release candidate state.
    Seven Mail V7 is a total redesign and is much better.
    http://preview.seven.com/
    It's free to use also.
    Register and download device:"other" and pick the PPC download.
    Is Xpress Mail the same as the regular PPC messaging?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mz
    Is Xpress Mail the same as the regular PPC messaging?
    How do I describe xpress mail?

XPress mail is merely a go-between pocket outlook and the mail server. Instead of pocket outlook talking to the mail server directly, it goes through the xpress mail server.
    Why would you want to do that?
    Well XPress mail's mail server can stay logged in to some mail servers and wait for new mail and instantly be notified (push) of new messages. It notifies pocket outlook to go get them. In the new seven mail 7 it actually keeps a data connection idle and pushes those messages directly to outlook.

So it doesn't replace your mail program, it merely facilitates the email transfer.

The main reason for using it is if you want to access an exchange server behind a firewall. They have a windows application that you install on a PC behind your firewall which works as a redirector to xpress mail and then to your PDA. It also syncs calendar and contacts (sort of like blackberry.)

It also will enable push email with some services like Yahoo which you can't get with standard POP and IMAP.

But if you're just using standard POP, IMAP, or MS direct PUSH, there's no reason to use XPress mail or Seven mail. I use to to get corporate email behind the firewall.
    I still use direct IMAP (not through seven mail) to get Yahoo (at timed intervals.) Mainly because they don't support HTML email yet.
    iPhone 7 Plus 256GB on Verizon (new) Unlimited plan.
    T-Mobile $30 5GB/100Talk Pre-Paid
    iPad Mini 2 Retina 128GB on AT&T LTE

Device(s)
    TILT
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    How do I describe xpress mail?

XPress mail is merely a go-between pocket outlook and the mail server. Instead of pocket outlook talking to the mail server directly, it goes through the xpress mail server.
    Why would you want to do that?
    Well XPress mail's mail server can stay logged in to some mail servers and wait for new mail and instantly be notified (push) of new messages. It notifies pocket outlook to go get them. In the new seven mail 7 it actually keeps a data connection idle and pushes those messages directly to outlook.

So it doesn't replace your mail program, it merely facilitates the email transfer.

The main reason for using it is if you want to access an exchange server behind a firewall. They have a windows application that you install on a PC behind your firewall which works as a redirector to xpress mail and then to your PDA. It also syncs calendar and contacts (sort of like blackberry.)

It also will enable push email with some services like Yahoo which you can't get with standard POP and IMAP.

But if you're just using standard POP, IMAP, or MS direct PUSH, there's no reason to use XPress mail or Seven mail. I use to to get corporate email behind the firewall.
    I still use direct IMAP (not through seven mail) to get Yahoo (at timed intervals.) Mainly because they don't support HTML email yet.
    So, let me ask you this then: I've setup only yahoo mail on my Tilt via IMAP. I change how often I want it to check mail based on what I'm doing at the time.

I've also used Activesync and uninstalled XPressMail. So, am I using xpressmail directpush or not?

The only reason this is concerning me was your comment above "Before you do TURN OFF PUSH by going in to xpress mail settings and unchecking 'push', otherwise you'll get garbage SMS messages from the Xpress mail server because it won't know you uninstalled the app."

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    When you set up your account in xpress mail, I think it turns on push by default. You can go in to a menu (I don't remember how, it's been a long time) and you can uncheck an option to push mail.

If you start getting garbage text messages from like 111000013 or something like that (they'll start with the characters: // ) then those are Xpress mail push notifications.
    If you don't get these, then don't worry about it. If you do, then you'll have to log in to http://xpressmailpe.cingular.com/ and make sure to delete your device and mail accounts. If that doesn't work you might have to re-install xpress mail (you can download it from the link I just provide) and turn it off, then uninstall it.

But if you get no weird text messages, then you should be good.

It's just a stupid bug.

Device(s)
    TILT
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    When you set up your account in xpress mail, I think it turns on push by default. You can go in to a menu (I don't remember how, it's been a long time) and you can uncheck an option to push mail.

If you start getting garbage text messages from like 111000013 or something like that (they'll start with the characters: // ) then those are Xpress mail push notifications.
    If you don't get these, then don't worry about it. If you do, then you'll have to log in to http://xpressmailpe.cingular.com/ and make sure to delete your device and mail accounts. If that doesn't work you might have to re-install xpress mail (you can download it from the link I just provide) and turn it off, then uninstall it.

But if you get no weird text messages, then you should be good.

It's just a stupid bug.
    Nope, no strange SMS messages. Now, if I could only get the spam SMS messages from '36245' to stop.

Thanks,

Feedback Score

Screen Protector: Yes or No

I'm completely new to the touchscreen world. What's the industry standard on using the screen protector that came with the phone? (as hard as I tried while putting it on, mine has nasty air bubbles and is generally ugly...) Is it really needed?

P.s., thanks very much for the excellent replies to my previous question on Express Mail

Device(s)
    Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    A screen protector is good to use. Keeps your screen from getting scratched (which it will eventually even if you only use the stylus). I've found that cheaper screen protectors can be VERY hard to install but a little nicer ones are often much easier to apply. They seem to be just a little thicker or stiffer at least, which makes it easier to keep them flat when applying them. I found pocketPCtechs writeshield protectors to work very well but there are a lot of different ones that people swear by.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Boxwave Crystalclear is a great screen protector. Expensive but they last a long time.
    Martin Fields is also a very well received one.
    They're a durable plastic that resist scratches and finger prints. Best of all you can clean the screen without worrying about damaging it with a screen protector.

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast