Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: AT&T Tilt - Tricks, Tips, Hacks and Software

Device(s)
    Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MSanad
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    No problem

Device(s)
    8525 - Cingular
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MSanad
    This might seem like another stupid question, but how do you get screen shots like that?
    I cannot quite remember how I acquired this but but I use 'Screen Capture', its very simple and it's freeware:-

Iliumsoft - Freeware

Device(s)
    AT&T Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You can use the 2 charges interchangeably between both phones. The phone will only draw what it needs. The reason most chargers are 500ma (half an amp) is because the USB spec is for 500ma. Most phones are built to accept more (like fast charging in a car) but the home chargers are typically 500ma. The slightly more expensive Motorola car chargers are 1amp.

Bottom line, each will work interchangeably and will not cause any harm. The only caveat... Some Motorola phones will not charge with other vendor's chargers. This is for marketing purposes (I'm sure they'd tell you it was to protect your phone). Motorola has added a tiny resistor in their chargers just so the phones can tell if they are connected to one of their chargers... Funny thing, other vendors are starting to put those resistors in to fool the phone. cat and mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon44
    I have a Motorola SLVR L7 which uses the same mini USB interface as the Tilt. Charger seemed to work fine. I would be eternally grateful if someone could explain why?

Tilt is 5 V at 1 Amp, SLVR is 5 V at 550 mA. Is the issue that a device pulls as much current (Amps) as it needs, so there is no harm in giving it less or more current than it's rated for? (But going too high on volts will always mess up a device?) If that is the case, does a device like the iGo charger need special circuity just to control it's Volts, while providing a big enough current for anything it's likely to need to charge?

In sum, am I not harming my tilt, by using my existing (SLVR) car charger, travel charger, and can I just expect it to charge more slowly?

(Believe it or not I majored in Physics in college, but just could never get this straight)

Many thanks in advance,

Jon

Device(s)
    iphone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've tried installing Google Maps and when I try to use it, it gets past the "accept agreement" screen and to the map screen where it says "loading", then a screen comes up that says "You need to install a newer version to use this program". Newer version of what? I got it from Google today. It tried downloading it from the phone, and also to my PC and moving it over and I get the same message. Has anyone else had this problem, and do you know what it means?

Device(s)
    Blackberry 7100g
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mz
    Has anyone tested this yet? This would be great if it works!!
    Worked here as well...

Device(s)
    Blackberry 7100g
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RF9
    Boxwave Crystalclear is a great screen protector. Expensive but they last a long time.
    Martin Fields is also a very well received one.
    They're a durable plastic that resist scratches and finger prints. Best of all you can clean the screen without worrying about damaging it with a screen protector.

A search on the forum will yield results as well. I just ordered one from NuShield.com which is not the stickly plastic kind that gets air bubbles. It fits under the edges of the screen to stay in place.

Feedback Score

Google Maps + Tilt

Thanks for putting this thread up guys. I will definitely be using this

Question: Is there any way of getting a faster lock with GPS? It took almost 1 minute with google maps. I've used the quickgps app but it doesn't seem like it helps much.

Device(s)
    IPHONE 4G 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cornellfOo
    Thanks for putting this thread up guys. I will definitely be using this

Question: Is there any way of getting a faster lock with GPS? It took almost 1 minute with google maps. I've used the quickgps app but it doesn't seem like it helps much.

I expereinced the same thing. When I was near my house, I got nothing. When I was on the highway, I had like 8 satellites. Maybe I should look at TomTom software?

Device(s)
    ATT iPhone
    Feedback Score
    is there anyway to hide business vs. personal contacts or some type of add-in? I only need to see my business contacts when they call me. normally call back on my landlines. I don't wont to accidentally call the business contatcs or if my friends use my phone accidentally call them

Feedback Score
    Mine took a long time the first time, but has been very quick since then. Even under wet canopy... (and it didn't works inside my house, at first, but now does....)

Google Maps is definitely extremely addictive...

Device(s)
    Tilt
    Feedback Score
    Is there any way to map the PTT button to bring up the volume slider? I'm constantly having to switch to vibrate mode and hate having to pull out the stylus and tap the screen.

Device(s)
    Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dfstrasser
    Is there any way to map the PTT button to bring up the volume slider? I'm constantly having to switch to vibrate mode and hate having to pull out the stylus and tap the screen.
    1) there's a ptt hack to enable this as another usable button. You will need to perform some registry tweaks.Go here for further info:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=334759
    2) You can always click on the speaker icon on the top of the screen and click vibrate. Its really 2 seconds, 2 clicks on the screen.

Device(s)
    Tilt
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.
    Pigs get fat. Hogs get slaughtered!

Feedback Score

htc touch lives in there!!!

flick your finger on the contacts screen.... it will scroll and whatnot just like touchFLO. what does this mean?

i think touchFLO drivers and some OS settings are in there. the shell and the skins aren't fully there.. but still pretty sweet huh?

anyone discover more?

PS i got an issue where mine will turn on from suspend by itself a few seconds after first suspending. anyone else get that?

Feedback Score

Limiting Wi Fi Connections??

I have been keeping my Wi-Fi on so that when I'm home, my phone automatically connects to my home network. Trouble is as I drive, it attempts to connect to every Wi-Fi it detects (suprisingly large number in a rural neighborhood).

I was surprised that there is no obvious way to turn this off. Can't seem to turn off the notification and there's no way to limit connections to only ones I identify. Of course, I could turn Wi Fi off every time I leave the house, but could anyone suggest an automated solution?

thanks in advance,

Jon

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast