Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: AT&T Tilt - Tricks, Tips, Hacks and Software

Device(s)
    LG VX9900 enV (RIP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (RIP)
    Feedback Score
    Another quick question...

is there a way to block out certain apps? possibly just messaging, or just pictures, etc.

Thanks.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus / Moto X (2014)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon44
    I have been keeping my Wi-Fi on so that when I'm home, my phone automatically connects to my home network. Trouble is as I drive, it attempts to connect to every Wi-Fi it detects (suprisingly large number in a rural neighborhood).

I was surprised that there is no obvious way to turn this off. Can't seem to turn off the notification and there's no way to limit connections to only ones I identify. Of course, I could turn Wi Fi off every time I leave the house, but could anyone suggest an automated solution?

thanks in advance,

Jon
    dont know of any automated solution, but you can easily turn wifi on and off in like 2 seconds without having to mess with the screen/menus: slide open, press Fn, press right arrow (WiFi), slide closed.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    The "New" ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie
    flick your finger on the contacts screen.... it will scroll and whatnot just like touchFLO. what does this mean?

i think touchFLO drivers and some OS settings are in there. the shell and the skins aren't fully there.. but still pretty sweet huh?

anyone discover more?

PS i got an issue where mine will turn on from suspend by itself a few seconds after first suspending. anyone else get that?
    Just like touchflo ?????????? It has been covered many times, kaiser includes touchflo technology, just not the cube !!
    WWW.MACGEEKWORLD.COM

"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

WWW.MACGEEKWORLD.COM

Feedback Score
    thanks--that's a good substitute...

Device(s)
    iPhone 7/7+, Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T & Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Two quick questions - 1. Is there are way to hide SIM contacts? I am showing double contacts throughout and,
    2. Does someone know how to change the scroll wheel so it rolls through all of the today screen, not just vertically? This was an option at start up and I have searched the manual, used the phones help feature and have found nothing.

Thanks

Device(s)
    8525 - Cingular
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I found a neat solution for 'thumbing' a message during those times when it is not convienient to use the hardware keyboard or 'peck' out a message on the virtual keyboard. It is one of the best I have used so far and wanted to share....and its free!...for a limited time!

"Typing on TouchPal is pretty easy: you just need to tap and slide by your thumb. In most cases, you only need to tap tap tap and use the auto-word predition to input the right word; in other cases, you can slide left/right for a specfic letter, slide up for uppercase, or slide down for a punctuation."

Device(s)
    iPhone 7/7+, Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T & Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I found a neat solution for 'thumbing' a message during those times when it is not convienient to use the hardware keyboard or 'peck' out a message on the virtual keyboard. It is one of the best I have used so far and wanted to share....and its free!...for a limited time!
    Where does it sit...........Is it a plugin that you tap and it takes you to a new message?

Device(s)
    8525 - Cingular
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mush10
    Where does it sit...........Is it a plugin that you tap and it takes you to a new message?
    The Touchpal program runs as an option under for your SIP virtual keyboard. Very Cool!

Last edited by tribalgifts; 10-12-2007 at 02:23 PM.

Feedback Score

No Bluetooth Notification

I just paired my bluetooth headset and was surprised not to see any notification that it was successful.

Has anyone found a way to enable any sort of notification, and is there an easy way to toggle the phone's bluetooth on and off (e.g., to safe power)?

Device(s)
    Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon44
    I just paired my bluetooth headset and was surprised not to see any notification that it was successful.

Has anyone found a way to enable any sort of notification, and is there an easy way to toggle the phone's bluetooth on and off (e.g., to safe power)?
    The only way Ive seen is to go into communications manager and hit the bluetooth icon.

Device(s)
    8525 - Cingular
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Toggle Vibrate using PTT reassign & VibraSwitch

Quote Originally Posted by dfstrasser
    Is there a way to adjust the ringer volume and set to vibrate without tapping the screen? I'm coming from an 8125 where the slider on the side did this.
    A combination of the PTT reassign Registry hack, and the installation VibraSwitch app can allow you to do this.

I did the PTT reassign registry hack, installed the VibraSwitch app, then assigned Vibra (Switch) to my Button 6 (Push & Hold). Works great

Device(s)
    Tilt
    Feedback Score
    Thanks tribalgifts. You da man!
    Pigs get fat. Hogs get slaughtered!

Device(s)
    8525 - Cingular
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dfstrasser
    Thanks tribalgifts. You da man!
    Actually 'I'm da Gal'! But your Welcome

Device(s)
    Iphone 3gs
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tribalgifts
    A combination of the PTT reassign Registry hack, and the installation VibraSwitch app can allow you to do this.

I did the PTT reassign registry hack, installed the VibraSwitch app, then assigned Vibra (Switch) to my Button 6 (Push & Hold). Works great

Brillant!!! Thank you so much for that one!

Device(s)
    AT&T Tilt/8925/HTC Kaiser
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility - aka Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tribalgifts
    The Touchpal program runs as an option under for your SIP virtual keyboard. Very Cool!

Coming from Treo 750, I definitely want an alternative to a sliding keyboard. I just installed it and it does take a while to get used to. At least for now I dont't have to slide the keyboard out if I simply want to answer a quick email.

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast