Thread: Nokia 6300 Vibration problem

Feedback Score

Nokia 6300 Vibration problem

I have a problem with a nokia 6300 vibrator. Recently my phone vibrator started to not to work... i checked the settings and it says that it is "On".. but still, i cant hear call when its on vibrate. I opened the phone and didint see any suspicios things such as it touching something... it alsp seems that the motor is built in.

Can anybody tell me what can i do?? How much will it cost to repair it?? is it possible to repair the motor without soldering it. because i saw that the motors for nokia 6260 and ets are unatached and can be easely changed
    Did anybody had the same problem with NOkia 6300

Phones
    Nokia 6500 Slide
    SE K550i(SOLD), N75
    LG M6100, LG CU500, LG Shine
    Carrier
    AT&T- Good 'ol Ma Bell
    Feedback Score
    That is why I use my vibrate function very sparingly. It seems people who constantly use the vibrate function, it seems to go out on them faster.

Did you use the vibrate function exclusively??

If it still under warranty, Nokia will fix it.

Phones
    iPhone
    Nokia 6300(sold),Blackberry 8800(sold),blackjack(returned),v3xx(IZAR)(returned 3),e50-1(sold)
    e70-2(sold),e62(returned),w810i(sold),pebl(sold),slvr L7(sold)
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    replace the vibrator

Feedback Score
    Yes i do use my vibrator offten, but still when i get a call i hear some kind of little barely heard buzzling sound but the phone doesnt vibrate.. I opened the phone and i didnt find any things taht the vibrator may be jammed by

I do not not have a waranty

How much it will cost me to replace a vibrator

Phones
    Nokia 6500 Slide
    SE K550i(SOLD), N75
    Carrier
    AT&T- Good 'ol Ma Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gercel
    Yes i do use my vibrator offten, but still when i get a call i hear some kind of little barely heard buzzling sound but the phone doesnt vibrate.. I opened the phone and i didnt find any things taht the vibrator may be jammed by

I do not not have a waranty

How much it will cost me to replace a vibrator
    TBO....I haven't a clue. Where do you live?

Is your 6300 the US model?

Phones
    Telus Desire on ATT
    Telus Desire
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Try repositioning the batter to the contacts. I had a problem with my 6230 battery and after I moved it around I got my vibration back.

Phones
    Nokia 6500 Slide
    SE K550i(SOLD), N75
    Carrier
    AT&T- Good 'ol Ma Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by savvyray
    Try repositioning the batter to the contacts. I had a problem with my 6230 battery and after I moved it around I got my vibration back.
    Actually..that isn't a bad idea. Does your battery have a hard time keeping a charge?

If so, it may not have enough juice to use the vibrate function. If it is low, buy a new battery & see if that helps.

Feedback Score
    my battery lasts long and i live in Canada. The only thing that concerns me is that the vibrator is built in the phone to the mother board and its not like others taht are removable.

I am wondering if that can be also a firmware problem

cuz when i turned on the phone before it did a short vibrate now it gives off only a little noise which is sounds like buzzle but the phone doesnt vibrate...
    Also when i opened up the phone and connected the battery i saw that the vibrator only moves a bit and stops