Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Backup Assistant Error Message?

Phones
    Tourist!!!
    curve
    dare
    Feedback Score

Backup Assistant Error Message?

for the past two nights i have gotten error messages on my phone when I woke up saying that backup assistant couldnt run. Anyone else?

Phone
    Iphone 4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    if you do a search you will find out this has been covered in a few other threads. There does seem to be a problem, but as I remember, nobody found out why this happens at night. Just an fyi.

Phones
    Motorola W 385
    Nokia 2128i (back up)
    BT Headset Motorola H700
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yep, just got it now. Error 308

I just added a new number to my contact list last night. Seems to be a problem system wide.

(Backup Assistant has encountered a problem and must close. Press "send" to forward an error report that will help us locate potential system problem.)

So I pressed SEND and here is the thing that really got to me. I get another message that states normal text message fees apply. I don't have a text plan and it costs me 0.15. So I pressed send any way. My issue is that I have to pay to help them figure out their problem? Now don't get me wrong, 0.15 isn't going to hurt me and its not the amount, its the principle.
    Disclaimer: Any posts I may start or reply to are my opinions only. I am not an engineer, sales consultant, or a wireless phone professional. I provide responses purely for discussion purposes. Always call your Carrier for accurate answers.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got it last night as well.

And at the post above me, you didn't have to send the text message. Don't complain since you had a choice..if they sent it without asking you and then charged you, thats messed up. But you had a choice and they clearly said that standard rates apply.

Phones
    Motorola W 385
    Nokia 2128i (back up)
    BT Headset Motorola H700
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deepfriedarjun
    Got it last night as well.

And at the post above me, you didn't have to send the text message. Don't complain since you had a choice..if they sent it without asking you and then charged you, thats messed up. But you had a choice and they clearly said that standard rates apply.

Your angle on the situation is misplaced. Of course I had a choice. But don't I need this fixed also???? If this text message will help get to the bottom of this and provide Verizon with an example of the error message then why not help out. The issue is why does a customer have to pay to assist? Your logic of not sending the message because I had a choice is not being helpful at all.

FYI, my post was not intended to start a war on what is right and what is wrong. I just posted my experience with the situation. Please, lets stay focused on the problem with Backup Assist as more people seem to have this issue.

Phone
    Iphone 4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I would like to think that the text message error that I sent would somehow help them fix this problem, but it doesn't seem like it since it has been going on for 2 months now (off and on).

Phones
    It depends on the mood.
    Samsung Network Extender
    Carrier
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score
    Ive been having issues with the backup assistant since last sunday. The issues are both online and on the phone side as well. I did call vzw, and they were not help. Then again I didn't press the issue either.

Phones
    Motorola W 385
    Nokia 2128i (back up)
    BT Headset Motorola H700
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if you can still receive a call when the error is displayed on the screen. I really didn't even know it was there till I opened my flip to make a call out. I wish I would have tried it to see what would happen.

Phone
    DROID
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I too have received the 308 error code from BA this is now two mornings in a row i have gotten this error message.

Phone
    Iphone 4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i get it in the morning, evening and afternoon.

Phones
    Motorola W 385
    Nokia 2128i (back up)
    BT Headset Motorola H700
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ScruffyGuy
    i get it in the morning, evening and afternoon.
    Wow that's a lot. Just wondering, are you adding a lot of contacts? I guess what I am trying to figure out is this happening when contacts are being added.

Phone
    Blackberry Bold 9650 with 6.0
    Carrier
    92 Million Strong: Verizon
    Feedback Score
    BUA has been screwed up for about a week and a half, there has probably been hundreds of trouble tickets for it that Ive seen. Most of the blame goes to the program vendor, FusionOne. From server overloads & shutdowns to complete database failures and long restores, this certainly is becoming an issue. I think BUA is growing at such a high rate, that FusionOne cant keep up with the demand/work load on their servers and this is why we have problems.

BB Tour running 4.7/5.0 OS, USB Tethered

Phone
    LG Dare
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i've had it for the past 4-5 nights as well.

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oudidntkn0w
    BUA has been screwed up for about a week and a half, there has probably been hundreds of trouble tickets for it that Ive seen. Most of the blame goes to the program vendor, FusionOne. From server overloads & shutdowns to complete database failures and long restores, this certainly is becoming an issue. I think BUA is growing at such a high rate, that FusionOne cant keep up with the demand/work load on their servers and this is why we have problems.
    Yep, exactly.

Phone
    Iphone 4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Glad I am not paying for this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast