Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Thread: GPS and Mapping Guide for Beginners

Feedback Score
    I install a free gps software, it keep sending message without letting me known .suck.
    my digital camera website: http://www.bdcamera.com/

Feedback Score
    Ovi Maps works with external bluetooth GPS receivers, not just internal (at least my version does).
    (3.01)

Carrier(s)
    A T & T
    Feedback Score
    Hi Macuis.

Thanks for an excellent article on GPS. I have the Nokia E7 but hardly use the GPS features mainly due to a lack of understanding. I think I will use them more now.

As someone with knowledge on the subject, would you be able to take a look sometime at an indoor navigation app that I have put together just to let me know if its headed in the right direction (no pun intended). Its an indoor map of the Mall of America designed to provide gps-like navigation. Obviously if you were anywhere near the Mall of America you could test it onsite. You probably are not but perhaps you could comment on its usability. I am not looking for a plug so if you can send any comments to my e-mail address. Now I am assuming you can get that from my profile otherwise I will come back and post it here for you. Perhaps if someone reading this lives near the Mall I would appreciate them testing it indoors !

I know Nokia are experimenting with indoor nav. I dont have the expertise to use location beacons so opted for a simpler way to locate the user.

The app can be found at

http://store.ovi.mobi/content/113464

Theres also a Youtube vid at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4DpWst9SlE

By the way - I do agree that this post of yours should be made part of the knowledge base of this site.

Thanks

Paul

Device(s)
    Nokia 3595
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I run into situation from time to time and while driving on the highway, Ovi Maps gives me the "Recalculating ..." message. As if I am driving off road. The highway has been around for a long time and does not appear to have major work done recently. It is almost as if my GPS coordinate is off. But it is a 8-10 lane road and I am driving near the center. It happened quite a few times on my last road trip.

Feedback Score
    Excelent, thanks.

Device(s)
    iphone 4s
    Feedback Score

GPS suggestion for Beginners

GPS is known as Global Positioning System that is depend on the satellite-based navigational method. GPS technology support so many applications. It help to monitoring of fertilizer and pesticides then it also gives the site news. GPS technology is also used by Aircraft pilots for the route navigation.

Device(s)
    N8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adyhooper View Post
    GPS is known as Global Positioning System that is depend on the satellite-based navigational method. GPS technology support so many applications. It help to monitoring of fertilizer and pesticides then it also gives the site news. GPS technology is also used by Aircraft pilots for the route navigation.
    And fire is hot.

Feedback Score
    Yes nice informative post.
    ..........Life is boring without android...................

Feedback Score
    thanks for information.. it was really very usefull...

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26