would i need differentcid file for usa?
In this guide, I will layout the process of flashing your Sony Ericsson handset using SE Tool 2 Lite.
NEITHER I OR HOWARDFORUMS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE INCURRED TO YOUR DEVICE WHEN FOLLOWING THESE STEPS, I AM BASING THIS GUIDE ON MY OWN EXPERIENCE AND DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- Precautionary measures
Before doing anything please make sure you do the following:
- Charge your phone to 90-100%
- Back-up all your contacts to your SIM and Memory Stick
- Remove your SIM Card and Memory Stick
Included in this guide are the following files:
- SETool 2 Lite 1.08
- Sony Ericsson W580i FS
- Sony Ericsson W580i MAIN
- Sony Ericsson CID52 ASIA Customisation
Download Files (31.94 MB)
Flash files for phones other than the W580i should be available at this website: http://topse.ru/files/ (You will need an account to download, use Google translator for English, downloads and sign-up will not work when using translator!)
1. Extract the RAR file you have just downloaded, inside you will find the following files:
Extract "setool2lite.rar" and leave the rest as is.
2. Go into the directory in which you extract the file "setool2lite", and go into the "drivers" folder, there you will find another folder called "usb_flash_driver". Go into that and launch the installer that is contained in it, proceed as you read, nothing major will happen this is just a SE USB Flash driver for your phone.
Once the installation is done proceed to the next step
3. Go back to the directory in which you extracted "setool2lite" and launch the application "setool2lt.exe"
4. In the application, you will need to select your phone model at the top, in this case it would be the SE W580i.
5. Now in the box where it says "Files:" under the phone model you will need to add the following files:
6. In the box where it says "Misc files:" you will need to add the following file:
Now your screen should look like this:
7. Once you have added the files into their appropriate positions you will need to attach your phone to your computer, by holding onto the "C" on your phone and then plugging in the USB cable.
8. As a precautionary measure, make sure all the files are in their right placements and that your phone is detected as a "SEMC Flash Device" or something along those lines.
9. Now you are ready to click "FLASH", DO NOT CLICK ANY OTHER BUTTONS BEFORE OR AFTER THIS PROCESS!
This process should take about 5 minutes and you will be readily happy with this de-branded version of your phone!
would i need differentcid file for usa?
No, you'll be fine.
This file includes a few extra languages that you may not use but it has English.
is there a way to completely backup the phone just in case i need to restore it?
how do you know when is this finish? and i dont think it is working since i waited 20 minutes and my computer is very good
ye man mine been goin for about 15 minutes now and no signs of any progress the bar just keeps repeating can i disconnect and start over?
ok so i have to press FLASH first and then hold C and connect the phone
is that how u get it to work, reply because im trying this tomorrow. thanks
thats how it worked for me i just finished
I just wanted to thank you for the tut, worked like a charm.
If you read clearly, you need to HOLD "C" on your PHONE and plug in the USB, then click FLASH.
i donno man i tried holding C and connecting the phone and then pressing flash it sat there for 15 minutes and didnt identify the phone.
when you press FLASH note the message in the program telling you to hold c and connect the phone within 30 seconds. thats what i did and it worked so whoever has problem try both.
Edit: i got my phone flashed and everything seems to be fine.
p.s Thanks so much !
Last edited by wheresmy; 10-31-2007 at 03:58 PM.
I have never done this before and am totally new to de-branding. The files required confuse me a little. What is the difference between the FS and the Generic files? Which files should I get for a w200a in canada? I just bought this phone and have no interest in screwing it up. Any help would be appreciated.
ok i just got my memory stick yesterday and tried to upload some files on it using phoneexplorer but it says something like "operation is understood but cant be done"
i donno wtf happened