Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HTC Touch compatible with Fun Bundle

Feedback Score

HTC Touch compatible with Fun Bundle

Just know HTC Touch is compatible with Fun Bundle so I donot BUNDLE any Data plan..................Awesome!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecgz88
    Just know HTC Touch is compatible with Fun Bundle so I donot BUNDLE any Data plan..................Awesome!
    3 year contract for $249 is really pricy though

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    wait... does this mean we can use unlimited wap on it??!!

if so... i think i just found my new phone
    W/ Accolc set to 15... i could get in some trouble ^_~

Carrier(s)
    4169582622 ANI #
    Feedback Score
    You need to make sure that unbilled usage on bell's webpage says "MOBILE BROWSER" or "MBROWSER" and not "Data"!!! Otherwise its considered data as long as bell is concerned.

If someone can figure out the NAI if its [email protected] for the HTC?

thanks
    25GB Cap? DIY Telnus prepaid/Koodo unlimited EVDO internet (for $10 per 2 months, to keep account "Active"), Max 3Mbps download speed, if you roam on Bell (free), then you get non-NATed IP

mobile files is reopened - Aug 11/2010
    HoFo = censorship same as US censor wikileaks = china censor

Feedback Score

WiFi?

Anyone know if this version of the HTC Touch will be chastised of its WiFi like the Telus version?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700, BlackBerry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnapsGQ
    wait... does this mean we can use unlimited wap on it??!!

if so... i think i just found my new phone
    I really hope so too, but I doubt Bell would be so kind as to throw us a bone like this. Cuz you know the old saying, if its too good to be true it probably is.

Its very likely that the HTC Touch for Bell will not have WiFi.
    The meaning of religion:

Catholicism teaches: if * happens, you deserve it.
    Christianity teaches: if * happens, Praise god for it.
    Confucianism teaches: if * happens, let it happen properly.
    Taoism teaches: if you understand *, it isnt *.
    Buddhism teaches: if * happens, it isnt really * b/c everything that happens to you is good.
    Hinduism teaches: I've seen this * before...
    Shintoism teaches: you inherit the * of your ancestors.
    Atheism says I dont believe this *!!

Device(s)
    LG Shine
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGraham
    Anyone know if this version of the HTC Touch will be chastised of its WiFi like the Telus version?
    There is no wifi on ANY of the Touch's (CDMA). This includes bell, telus, sprint and eventually verizon (if they get it). It is not a feature of the phone.

Device(s)
    BB 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    so the touch works on mobile browsering???? no data plan reqiured?...so therefore...no data rebate either?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by munna71
    so the touch works on mobile browsering???? no data plan reqiured?...so therefore...no data rebate either?
    Not so fast. I'd be very surprised if the cheap Unlimited browser were available on this phone. In the very unlikely case it is, expect the Wap to be limited to 1X "speed".

Btw, Bell-Aliant's Wap service in the Maritimes is running at a fraction of the speed 1X is capable of --let alone EVDO. Probably less than a 14.4 kb modem for those old enough to remember those. My daughter was using a Samsung 920 and in EVDO areas the phone was about ten times quicker to get on the net than a Motorola E815 (1X only) in side-by-side tests. But once there it was only a bit faster than the Moto --probably on account of the faster Sammy CPU. Recently she had her phone stolen and since Bell-Aliant didn't want to upgrade her to unlimited incoming calls, I moved her to a new LG Shine on Telus. The first thing we noticed is that their Wap service is A LOT FASTER.

In other words, they choke nearly to death their Wap pipe out here. This may be why they haven't had the nerve to increase their $5 monthly fee in the Maritimes. From what I understand Wap on EVDO phones in Central Canada is pretty quick, but costs a little more: $7/month.

With the iPhone around the corner you'd be crazy to sign up to a current data plan for anything more than a month. Data rates are heading south soon. And believe me, I'm doing my share to make this happen.

In a couple of weeks I'm having a meeting with my Member of Parliament. Oh, is he ever gonna get a hear-full. We're paying typically $25% more than Americans for CANADIAN MANUFACTURED automobiles in this country! Data rates on phones can go in the thousands of dollars compared to what people pay on Sprint, etc., in the US. How do they expect us to be competitive with the rest of the world if this kind of price fixing oligopoly keeps going forever?

We need new rules (like REAL competition) or a new government.

Device(s)
    Motorola 270c
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VE9LRN
    Not so fast. I'd be very surprised if the cheap Unlimited browser were available on this phone. In the very unlikely case it is, expect the Wap to be limited to 1X "speed".

Btw, Bell-Aliant's Wap service in the Maritimes is running at a fraction of the speed 1X is capable of --let alone EVDO. Probably less than a 14.4 kb modem for those old enough to remember those. My daughter was using a Samsung 920 and in EVDO areas the phone was about ten times quicker to get on the net than a Motorola E815 (1X only) in side-by-side tests. But once there it was only a bit faster than the Moto --probably on account of the faster Sammy CPU. Recently she had her phone stolen and since Bell-Aliant didn't want to upgrade her to unlimited incoming calls, I moved her to a new LG Shine on Telus. The first thing we noticed is that their Wap service is A LOT FASTER.

In other words, they choke nearly to death their Wap pipe out here. This may be why they haven't had the nerve to increase their $5 monthly fee in the Maritimes. From what I understand Wap on EVDO phones in Central Canada is pretty quick, but costs a little more: $7/month.

With the iPhone around the corner you'd be crazy to sign up to a current data plan for anything more than a month. Data rates are heading south soon. And believe me, I'm doing my share to make this happen.

In a couple of weeks I'm having a meeting with my Member of Parliament. Oh, is he ever gonna get a hear-full. We're paying typically $25% more than Americans for CANADIAN MANUFACTURED automobiles in this country! Data rates on phones can go in the thousands of dollars compared to what people pay on Sprint, etc., in the US. How do they expect us to be competitive with the rest of the world if this kind of price fixing oligopoly keeps going forever?

We need new rules (like REAL competition) or a new government.
    hey vlearn they are heading south regardless of your propaganda

the htc touch doesnt use "wap" its a full html browser. no comment on the billing till its offically released

Dreaderus

Device(s)
    Nokia 5230
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaderus
    the htc touch doesnt use "wap" its a full html browser.
    Dreaderus
    Tada...
    http://www.opera.com/products/mobile...cts/winmobile/

Feedback Score
    I just learned, the touch will be using $7 unlimited browser, it's not classed as a PDA

That's insane.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Badmana
    I just learned, the touch will be using $7 unlimited browser, it's not classed as a PDA

That's insane.
    It's certainly incredible but could this be a pre-emptive strike against the iPhone? The big question of course is what kind of speed are we talking about? Crippled to death like Bell unlimited browsing in the Maritimes or high-speed like Telus?

Feedback Score
    My own testing on it's html browser didn't show it to be that slow although I couldn't tell with the minute I had with it.

Device(s)
    Motorola Q
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    i don't doubt you gouys but it make no sense. with the touch i can have unlimited data for $7? can one access any web site with this and i thought the touch was html and not wap? im confuse now!
    Patiently Waiting for top of the line devices. Is it too much to ask that we get them before others or before they are a year old!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast