Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: htc touch release info

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GoChris
    You can't categorize the method, just the user. Someone could be just as abusive with unlimited email or viewing/streaming video or music.

Actually, it is possible to 'shape' torrent traffic to an extent. This is what Rogers Cable Internet is rumoured to be doing.

Of course this is why torrent programs now encrypt it's traffic.

Bell could monitor traffic if it wanted to but unless you're doing something really dumb they wouldn't bother.

Phones
    Nexus One
    Galaxy S
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Badmana
    Actually, it is possible to 'shape' torrent traffic to an extent. This is what Rogers Cable Internet is rumoured to be doing.

Of course this is why torrent programs now encrypt it's traffic.

Bell could monitor traffic if it wanted to but unless you're doing something really dumb they wouldn't bother.
    Yup, and comcast in the US also is doing that. what I truly meant is just because someone wanted to use a torrent app, doesn't automatically equal abuse. it's the user that decides if they will be abusive, and not the data use methods at their disposal.

Phone
    Nexus S
    Carrier
    Wind Holiday Miracle
    Feedback Score
    It will depend on what the limit for the unlimited data is.

A torrent program just uses lots of data - if you let it.
    lol, so what's the limit for the unlimited data?

Phone
    HTC Touch
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_leafs13
    lol, so what's the limit for the unlimited data?
    That there is the ultimate question. For myself I know my usage will be mainly email. But if I am on the road and there's a hockey game on... it will be VERY tempting to connect to my slingbox.

Phones
    Nokia 5230
    Nokia E51 (Travel phone)
    Samsung u740, Samsung a640, Motorola T720 (Retired)
    Carriers
    WIND
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Man, are people still discussing the unlimited data?

Here, let me spell it out for you. I'm a Data 123 Tech at Bell Mobility and I can promise you, as of this writing, the Touch comes with UNLIMITED onboard data. All outlook (including exchange activesync), HTML and any onboard services are unlimited.

Stream all you want from Youtube, or listen to free stream radio (sites will vary). It's all unlimited (read the fine print though, abuse will be shut down).

Heck, I can't wait for a Torrent program to be written for WM 6.

I'm going to have a Touch in my hands in a few hours and I plan on seeing if streaming works 'out of the box'.
    You serious?? So I can download and upload on Bittorrent (literally) 24/7 and not get charged? I must get this phone..

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3)

Quote Originally Posted by EricMammoth
    Man, are people still discussing the unlimited data?

Here, let me spell it out for you. I'm a Data 123 Tech at Bell Mobility and I can promise you, as of this writing, the Touch comes with UNLIMITED onboard data. All outlook (including exchange activesync), HTML and any onboard services are unlimited.

Stream all you want from Youtube, or listen to free stream radio (sites will vary). It's all unlimited (read the fine print though, abuse will be shut down).

Heck, I can't wait for a Torrent program to be written for WM 6.

I'm going to have a Touch in my hands in a few hours and I plan on seeing if streaming works 'out of the box'.
    You serious?? So I can download and upload on Bittorrent (literally) 24/7 and not get charged? I must get this phone..
    As of right now there is no torrent program for wm but I'm sure someone, somewhere is going to create one. The real issue is what the limit will be. Rogers has a ~150 gig up and down limit. Bell will have something similar

Phone
    Apple Iphone (GSM)
    Carrier
    EPP 17.50
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3)

As of right now there is no torrent program for wm but I'm sure someone, somewhere is going to create one. The real issue is what the limit will be. Rogers has a ~150 gig up and down limit. Bell will have something similar
    thats better then some High speed cable/dsl providers i've seen O.O

whats a data 123 tech by the way?

Phones
    Nokia 5230
    Nokia E51 (Travel phone)
    Carriers
    WIND
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Well that's more than my home internet so I'm happy with that limit.

Phone
    IPhone4S 64gb white & BB 9900 & HTC HERO (all current)
    Carriers
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    ok finally what everyone has been waiting for and doubting here u goooooooooo

thanks again to The source. who is amazingggggg!!!

Last edited by RileyFreeman; 11-14-2007 at 11:47 PM.

Phones
    Nexus One
    Galaxy S
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    sweet, now I just have to figure out a voice plan for the wife

Phones
    Nokia 5230
    Nokia E51 (Travel phone)
    Carriers
    WIND
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RileyFreeman
    ok finally whatever has been waiting for and doubting here u goooooooooo

thanks again to The source. who is amazingggggg!!!
    Wow wow wow...
    Finally Bell does something great! Now to get $400... (Can a CSR or something check to see when I get upgrade credit?)

Phone
    Unlocked iPhone 5
    Carriers
    FIDO for Canada
    Feedback Score
    this really is an amazing plan and step in the right direction for data in canada. way to go bell =) I hope it starts a trend to give some affordable data rates to all users across the country soon.
    My Plans x2 (Fido): $67 unlim w 2gig & VPk (-$10credits.each) = $57+tax

Phones
    Moto X
    HTC One M8
    Carriers
    Fido Solutions
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EricMammoth
    Well that's more than my home internet so I'm happy with that limit.

I don't think you understand. The 150 gig limit is for Rogers home service. On wireless you can't go over 1GB.

On Bell Mobility, there are some reports that you can go as high as 25GB, as long as you don't use that much every month. I bet if you used 1 to 5 gigs per month max they'd leave you alone. On Bell Sympatico Unplugged, you can use up to 2GB on the smaller plan and 10GB on the $65 plan.

Most 3G wireless networks would crash if people use over 20 gigs regularly anyhow, so I really hope Bell kicks off those abusers right away.

Regards.

FIDO $55 MB/SK unlimited w/5GB = $44.55 (BYOD 10% + add-a-line 10% discounts, $10/GB overage)
    WIND $15 AITF unlimited data (10GB soft cap)

All my posts are my own opinion only and not necessarily that of any of my employers, past or present.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taichanie

whats a data 123 tech by the way?

That's the name of our department. When you call the 1-866-DATA-123 number you get someone like myself.

Phone
    Blu Quattro 5.7HD
    Carriers
    Ptel
    Feedback Score
    Anybody knows if $7/unlimited on Touch also applys to prepaid user?
    I am using prepaid with $7/unlimited on regular phone now.

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast