Thread: What is PRL Version?

Phones
    Samsung Focus
    Samsung Focus
    Carrier
    CrazyGoNuts Wireless
    Feedback Score

Question What is PRL Version?

Hi, I'm just wondering what is PRL Version under "Other Informations" menu? I have version 0 what does that mean?
    Samsung Focus
    OS Version: 7.10.8773.98

My Nokia 5140b Review

My HoFo Feedbacks

Phone
    HTC 8X
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    PRL is the Preferred Roaming List. It is a file that lists all of the carriers and towers that your phone is allowed to roam on. The version number is just the number that is tagged to the specific PRL version. As new PRL's become available, the version number will change, just like for updated software. With most new phones, the PRL updates *should* be pushed to the phone automatically, but sometimes they don't. On CDMA carriers, you dial *228 and call it, and you get your specific carrier's welcome message, and select the given option to update your roaming list. It may be different for GSM carriers, your best bet wold be to call CS and ask them how to get an updated PRL (if there is one).
    Want a Bluetooth? Eat a BlackBerry.

Phones
    Samsung Focus
    Samsung Focus
    Carrier
    CrazyGoNuts Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Oh I see.. so basicly it will update itself? its more like SIM update? I guess for GSM it really no need worry then? since when I do the search people who has problem with it are all on CDMA network.

Phone
    HTC 8X
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yep, it should get pushed to your phone. I would still call the CS of your carrier and find out if they have a way to manually update it, and try it; it's always nice to be able to roam off of new cell sites and networks