Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: HTC Mogul Vs. Touch??

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    verizscum
    Feedback Score
    I added the HTC black battery cover last night. I think it looks cool & has a nice feel.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sirexit
    As far as I was aware, the Mogul runs on WM5 and the Touch on WM6. Now, here's the kicker.
    Verizon's XV6800 is using WM 6.0 Professional and not WM5.

My question to all that have posted on this thread is as follows:

I have the XV6900 for about 3 weeks now and checked out the XV6800 today playing with a store demo model as I am considering switching before my 30 days are over. Is it my imagination that the touch screen on the 6900 is more sensitive than the 6800's? It felt like I had to press everything more harder to get the 6800 to respond.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Here is a update to my last post. I went into a Verizon store to switch my 6900 for a 6800. The area manager who I am friendly with literally begged me not to do it. He stated that they have had many complaints about the battery life, crashes, and the lack of RAM in the 6800 and talked me into keeping the 6900.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I love my 6800. I did have to hard reset when I first got it to remove most of the preloaded Verizon crap though. I have never had any problems out of it. I think you should base your decision on wanting the keyboard or not.
    It's that Turdy-Turdy...
    Now you done heard me, heard me.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ponokyo
    I love my 6800. I did have to hard reset when I first got it to remove most of the preloaded Verizon crap though. I have never had any problems out of it. I think you should base your decision on wanting the keyboard or not.
    Well the extra RAM really is nice.. It actually wasnt a deal breaker for me though
    I switched to the Touch because I wanted something smaller and easy in the pocket. Also because the Screen on the Mogul was indented which is a weird reason to switch but it always made the onscreen keyboard hard and sliding for the cube hard and everything like that... getting to the start menu and the task manager.
    iPhone 3GS Jailbroken 3.0
    Follow me on Twitter!

Email [email protected] for help with iPhone/iPod's, Smartphone's, and Computer's! I will get back to you ASAP

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dette
    Also because the Screen on the Mogul was indented which is a weird reason to switch but it always made the onscreen keyboard hard and sliding for the cube hard and everything like that... getting to the start menu and the task manager.
    That''s funny that you should mention the indented screen, but that was the deal breaker for me. I had a cracked case on the XV6900 and they were willing to let me switch to the XV6800.

I had a major issue with closing out screens with my thumb when hitting the "X" in the upper right corner of the screen. One of the sales girls in the Verizon store remarked she didn't have a problem because she had long nails that acted like a stylus. I looked at her and asked if she was recommending that I go for a sex change operation in order to properly use the touch screen on that phone.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC Guy
    That''s funny that you should mention the indented screen, but that was the deal breaker for me. I had a cracked case on the XV6900 and they were willing to let me switch to the XV6800.

I had a major issue with closing out screens with my thumb when hitting the "X" in the upper right corner of the screen. One of the sales girls in the Verizon store remarked she didn't have a problem because she had long nails that acted like a stylus. I looked at her and asked if she was recommending that I go for a sex change operation in order to properly use the touch screen on that phone.
    hahahahah i bet you she was!

anyways yeah its really weird how those little things can be deal breakers... i thought it was the RAM for me... but no its the screen and the size and its hard sliding the keyboard out all the time on the 6800

the littler things seemed more annoying then the RAM dont get my wrong having the RAM is great but it wasnt the whole reason i switched...

Device(s)
    nexus 6p
    Carrier(s)
    sprintpcs
    Feedback Score
    hey uall, since this is the most current thread involving the mogul, i'll chime in here:

my fiance owns the mogul coming from nextel ( i bought it for her for her birthday) & while deciding we too, were stuck on whether the choice was going to be the touch or mogul, the physical keyboard won out, (even though i suggested the moto Q several tymes). by her migrating to sprint from nextel, she's loving it overall, it's the services that grabbed her, watching me on my krzr, the sprint tv, the navigation that we've been over using, lol, i swapped the default 512mb microSD for a 2gb card that was in my n810...

issues: gps rarely gets a fix while out & about, but it does while we're in the house??? go figure..

syncing it to her windows xp box; the active sync software that came with it isn't syncing the mogul to her apps, matter of fact i thought the mogul would mount as an external storage, but i was wrong..

syncing & the gps are the only complaints..

i read on here that there's an update for the mogul that includes sprint tv (hopefully it fixes the gps also) should i go the easy route & take it to a sprint store for an update, or should i do this myself? also, i can't scroll back to see who's sig that was, but they had an awesome win mobile desktop, the sig with 2 pics in it, how can i change her's likeso? are those themes?
    >:-,

"Quite ironically, denying microaggressions is a microaggression. It is mostly denied by a certain type of person who refuses to admit that their reality is different from someone else's, and that their actions and words have unfortunate consequences. It's just a way to invalidate the real claims of other individuals in order to justify maintaining their behavior.

So, a microaggression." - cuttercoats

*look in the mirror, share the world respectfully*

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by j'vai
    hey uall, since this is the most current thread involving the mogul, i'll chime in here:

my fiance owns the mogul coming from nextel ( i bought it for her for her birthday) & while deciding we too, were stuck on whether the choice was going to be the touch or mogul, the physical keyboard won out, (even though i suggested the moto Q several tymes). by her migrating to sprint from nextel, she's loving it overall, it's the services that grabbed her, watching me on my krzr, the sprint tv, the navigation that we've been over using, lol, i swapped the default 512mb microSD for a 2gb card that was in my n810...

issues: gps rarely gets a fix while out & about, but it does while we're in the house??? go figure..

syncing it to her windows xp box; the active sync software that came with it isn't syncing the mogul to her apps, matter of fact i thought the mogul would mount as an external storage, but i was wrong..

syncing & the gps are the only complaints..

i read on here that there's an update for the mogul that includes sprint tv (hopefully it fixes the gps also) should i go the easy route & take it to a sprint store for an update, or should i do this myself? also, i can't scroll back to see who's sig that was, but they had an awesome win mobile desktop, the sig with 2 pics in it, how can i change her's likeso? are those themes?
    Well for updating the phone.. it should help GPS..

and yes you can do it yourself.. just go to htc.com and go to the mogul after choosing your country then download the update.. plug the phone into the computer.. make sure active sync works(that might be a problem for you) and then run the update.. it will update itself(remember updating will erase EVERYTHING on the phone! so make a backup if you want to keep your stuff...

Device(s)
    Whats next ? Back to blackberry ?
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint - The NOW Network
    Feedback Score
    If you need a keyboard or are a heavy texter / email person get something besides the touch , that simple.
    New: Palm Pre
    Old Setup :Former HTC Modder and homebrewer.

Device(s)
    Motorola Milestone
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I am new to HoFo and am using Opera 9.5 beta for the first time so bear with me,hehe.I have the Telus version of the HTC Touch and to date it has been great.Some of the complaints that I have read about are Latin to me since I am mobile phone technologically illiterate.But for me this HTC is ok.I graduated from an LG Shine.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sYnOnYx
    If you need a keyboard or are a heavy texter / email person get something besides the touch , that simple.
    Why? I text atleast 50 times a day... I bet last month i sent and received like 4000 or 5000... The Touch works perfectly fine for me Sometimes I miss having a keyboard but mostly the Touch just is awesome for texting

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8310-ATT
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Talking Mogul Vs. Touch

I have had the Touch and the Mogul. I had the Touch first. It was always searching for signal. I got a second Touch. It done the same thing. Then I got the Mogul. It is a little bit better. I just wish it had the touch flo like that Touch. But I live in a rural area in Ky. But I have a Moto Q and it works great around here. So I would sugest you just stick with the Mogul.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zackcornett
    I have had the Touch and the Mogul. I had the Touch first. It was always searching for signal. I got a second Touch. It done the same thing. Then I got the Mogul. It is a little bit better. I just wish it had the touch flo like that Touch. But I live in a rural area in Ky. But I have a Moto Q and it works great around here. So I would sugest you just stick with the Mogul.
    You want TouchFlo on your Mogul?
    Here you go.. Download.. Install.. Soft Reset and then you will have finger scrolling and the cube app.. TouchFlo

http://www.mediafire.com/?ljcdpz9ad1f

Feedback Score
    I went from the ppc 6600 to the ppc 6700 then to the touch and now im with the ppc 6800. i got the touch after reading up on it between that and the mogul and thought the touch was a better choice. well for my job i use the heck out of my phone and text messaging is a must. i could not stand the touch and the tiny keyboard. yes you can change to the bigger keys keyboard but its set up the same as a regular cell phone's key pad so i had to use the T9 texting. i realized real quick i needed the keyboard that the 6600 and the 6700 had so i decided to switch to the ppc 6700 again until i had the funds to switch to the 6800. well luckily the 6700 i got had a serious volume issue when trying to hear people talk during the phone conversation. i took it to sprint as i have insurance on it and they said they had to switch it for the touch. immediately i said no. i told them i would take the mogul but not the touch. they said in order to do that they had to get permission from god knows who to do that. well they switched it out to the mogul and i absolutely love it. i have not had any of the problems people talk about. i love how it is almost half the thickness of the 6700. i love the fact that it has free sprint navigation as the touch did not. i have installed a butt load of games and applications on it and didnt even put a dent in the memory. i love how the keyboard is spring loaded and holds the keyboard closed while it is on my belt clip. the 6700 would always open up while i walked around. overall there were issues with the touch that i didnt like but with the mogul i have no complaints.

i thought it was weird that sprint was going to give me a touch without question but when i said no i would take the mogul there was a problem as they said they werent allowed to do that. makes me think right there that the mogul for some reason must be better than the touch or more expensive or something. im just glad they gave me the one i wanted and didnt stick me with another touch that i dont like.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast