Phones
    Motorola DROID X
    Blackberry 8830
    VX8300 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Enough With The Pearl, I'm Ready For the Curve

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry8830: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.0.9751/204; U; en))

I was on the pearl bandwagon for a while, in fact my avitar is still the pearl. However, despite the fact that is an awesome device, it still doesn't meet the needs of us out there who crave a full QWERTY keyboard and a 2+ megapixel camera with a 320X240 screen....

So enough about the pearl, and onto the Curve. This will be without a doubt the next blackberry device that I purchase. Any others out there that feel the same???

Let devote this thread to any and all present and upcoming news for the Curve coming out "Big Red".........

Phones
    Motorola DROID X
    Blackberry 8830
    VX8300 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Blackberry8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Wow guys I'm sorry the title should have been "Enough with the pearl, I'm ready for the Curve" I'll edit that once I get access to my desktop later sorry...

Phones
    EVO, at the moment
    Galaxy Nexus
    iPhone 4S (I loved you...really; you just got too boring)
    Carriers
    Verizon (back after 2 years with Sprint)
    Feedback Score
    I am anxious for the Curve also; but for now I am loving my Pearl!

Phones
    Moto Droid
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Moto e815
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You may have to be quite patient....

Carrier
    Varies
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Null_Query
    Wirelessly posted (Blackberry8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Wow guys I'm sorry the title should have been "Enough with the pearl, I'm ready for the Curve" I'll edit that once I get access to my desktop later sorry...
    Ha ha, yeah that one threw me. The Curve has never appealed to me--I can't stand the fact that the QWERTY keys are spaced apart. The Pearl's suretype became so easy for me to use after about two weeks that I now type faster on it than I do on a QWERTY or ABC based device.

If I hear anything through my channels and connections, I'll update here.

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109)

I'm looking forward to a CDMA curve as well.

Phones
    Blackberry 8130 Pearl
    LG enV
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've used full QWERTY on the enV for the past 2 years and loved it. I heard about the voyager and got all hyped about that as I've never had a BlackBerry before. I jumped off the Voyager bandwager and decided to try the Pearl. I love its size, you really can't beat all the features packed into such a compact device. I was also VERY worried about going from QWERTY to Sure-Type. Day 1 was a bit discouraging. Days 2 and 3 were spent getting the hang of it and tweaking the custom dictionary and really getting a feel for it. By Day 4 (yesterday) I pretty much forgot what it was like to Text on a full QWERTY keyboard and I'm totally on board with the Pearl.

I think once/if the Curve comes out I won't want to switch due to the size at that point. I'm getting so used to the narrow/compact Pearl that the Curve will feel huge.

Just $.02 from someone thatt went from QWERTY to Sure-Type.

~J

Phones
    BB 9630 Tour
    BB 8130 pearl - Died...
    BB 9530 Storm - Returned...
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    totally agree with joshjam at this point, curve will be to big and back to talking into a calculator is a negative.

Phone
    iPhone 4 | Droid X
    Carrier
    AT&T | Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (LP's Berry: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.0.9751/204; U; en))

Its a shame that we're going to be waiting a little while for a Curve like device on VZW. I do like the fact that this thread was started but I don't think that [quality] info is going to start pouring in about the device for at LEAST a month and a half.

We're still looking at a March-April release.

Phone
    EVO 4G
    Carrier
    Sprint (I'm new - please don't disappoint!)
    Feedback Score
    Joshjam ftw. Same feelings. The keyboard on the pearl couldn't be better - no problems adjusting from a non-suretype keyboard, and after using the pearl, the curve seems quite obese.
    Past phones: Samsung A530, Moto E815, LG VX8500, Samsung U600, Apple iPhone 8GB, Moto Razr2 V9M, iPhone 32GB 3GS, RIM BB Pearl 8130, BB 9700

Phones
    Moto Droid
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Moto e815
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Sorry for the off-topic, but just can't resist.

Any old farts out there remember the "Get Smart" TV show w/Don Adams from the late 60's?

Every time I see the title of this thread "Enough w/the Curve, I'm ready for the Curve" I smile, thinking about:

"Not the craw, the CRAW!!"

http://bojack.org/2005/09/not_craw_craw.html

Those were the days...TV comedy at it's finest and sillinest.

Phone
    iPhone5 | iPhone4 | Nexus S
    Carrier
    Verizon|AT&T|Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea
    "Not the craw, the CRAW!!"
    Ha ha! I remember. Good harmless fun.

Feedback Score
    I was just wondering if anybody had any new info on a possible Curve for Verizon? I was over on blackberryforums and a few people were quoting "sources" and saying that Verizon may pass on the Curve. Liquid, you had mentioned a late Q1 or early Q2 release, do you know if Verizon is still planning on carrying the device?

Feedback Score
    It seems like we get a new thread on this almost on a weekly basis:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ighlight=curve
    (and that's just from the past month or so).

Sounds like that never happened.

Phone
    Cylon Droid Communicator
    Carrier
    New Caprica Wireless
    Feedback Score

Thread Title Edited
    Keep all PHONE discussion within the Verizon Phone Discussion sub forum. We will close/move threads without notice if you do not follow the the VZW forum rules. Report inappropriate posts by clicking on the red triangle in the upper right hand corner of any post, or the orange triangle in the bottom left for Premium members.

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast