Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Best Programs For Wm6

Feedback Score
    Okay i just got my TILT. How do i like install programs on it? Like i have AIM+ but i have no clue how to put it on the phone and install it, also where is file manager? And where can i get the wishbar with desktop so it looks like vista and the GBC emulator. Hit me up in a message or here or aim CASHISALLINE3d

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Programs can either be installed via the data cable and an executable file on your PC, or by transfering a CAB file on your phone and executing it within the file manager. The file manager is lumped in with your programs, accessible via the start menu.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangler3383
    Programs can either be installed via the data cable and an executable file on your PC, or by transfering a CAB file on your phone and executing it within the file manager. The file manager is lumped in with your programs, accessible via the start menu.
    Yeah i figured this out? But anyone know where i can get the BEST AIm program that doesnt use text for free??

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So no solution for an AIM client on WM6 yet?
    BoDEAN
    Chicago, IL

My T-Mobile Referral Thread

Device(s)
    SE w600
    Carrier(s)
    tmo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoDEAN
    So no solution for an AIM client on WM6 yet?
    i'll be looking for that soon also

but i also have a question.. anything you install can be on the SD card and not phone memory correct?

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido/Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

yes..

Quote Originally Posted by Klubhead
    i'll be looking for that soon also

but i also have a question.. anything you install can be on the SD card and not phone memory correct?

for the most part all programmes can be installed on SD card; i think there are a rare few that are recommended on phone memory to increase stability of prgrmme, but unfortunately i dont remember the names; perhaps someone else can chime in..?

good luck;

Device(s)
    SE w600
    Carrier(s)
    tmo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a in yul
    for the most part all programmes can be installed on SD card; i think there are a rare few that are recommended on phone memory to increase stability of prgrmme, but unfortunately i dont remember the names; perhaps someone else can chime in..?

good luck;

k thanks mang..

anyone find a decent free aim/msn yet?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a in yul

good luck;
    For the most part, any program which runs all the time should be installed to the phone memory. e.g. Today screen plugins. As well, any program which needs to start as soon as the phone is turned on. For instance, Spb pocket plus has a "safemode" tool included in the application. If you for any reason can't get into windows, you can soft reset twice within the boot up screen to initiate "safe mode". The memory card programs don't get initialized until after windows is up. Obviously a program like this would need to be installed to phone memory.

For the most part, I install anything that I want high stability for, to the phone memory. That being said, most programs which must be installed to the phone memory, will warn you before the install.

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido/Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

i stand corrected,

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangler3383
    For the most part, any program which runs all the time should be installed to the phone memory. e.g. Today screen plugins. As well, any program which needs to start as soon as the phone is turned on. For instance, Spb pocket plus has a "safemode" tool included in the application. If you for any reason can't get into windows, you can soft reset twice within the boot up screen to initiate "safe mode". The memory card programs don't get initialized until after windows is up. Obviously a program like this would need to be installed to phone memory.

For the most part, I install anything that I want high stability for, to the phone memory. That being said, most programs which must be installed to the phone memory, will warn you before the install.
    thanx! the rest is filler....

Device(s)
    PPC 6800 AKA MOGUL
    Carrier(s)
    SprintPCS SERO
    Feedback Score
    Palringo is a free AIM/ICQ/Yahoo/MSN etc etc messenger program. You have to register (which is free) at there website palringo.com I prefer this over the old school hacked aim 2.0 client which KILLS battery and ram.
    Past Phones
    NOKIA: 6230b SONY: t68i, s710a SAMSUNG: x427, T809 MOTOROLA: v600, MPX220, RAZRV3, RAZRV3m, MOTOQ HTC: PPC6700, PPC6800 LG: G4050, L1200, L1400 palm:Treo 600

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You can check out Mundu IM, it's not free but its a lot cheaper than the others at $11.

Link here for Mundu IM

Device(s)
    Pearl 8100
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    The IM messenger that comes with the tilt works surprisingly good.

Device(s)
    Pearl 8100
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    How does one update the playlists on the program? It keeps asking me for a user name and password etc.

Device(s)
    Curve 8310
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score

Oz Im

Does the OZ IM that comes with the tilt use SMS or Data Plan?

I found it to be very slow.

Device(s)
    SE w600
    Carrier(s)
    tmo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTheWaveUSMC
    Does the OZ IM that comes with the tilt use SMS or Data Plan?

I found it to be very slow.
    incase you're still wondering, it uses sms

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast