Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I keep accidentally calling people.

Feedback Score

I keep accidentally calling people.

Anyone else doing this?

When I'm in "Phone" mode under either the Favorites or Recents, I click to edit one of my contacts, and I end up calling that person, then quickly hitting 'End Call'. I imagine several people wonder why I called them and hung up, but only 1 actually called me back.

Its as if I wish there were a separate "Call" and "Edit" area for each phone number, instead of the separate "Edit" button at the top.

Its the main thing about the iPhone I find unintuitive. Any way to set a warning before I accidentally call from those screens?

Phones
    360gb Zune Phone
    200gb Moto Razr
    4gb Iphone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I do the same thing and it would be one of those nice settings to make this phone better in my opinion.
    todd1010 AT gmail DOT com

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Do you hit the name of the contact? You are supposed to hit that tiny little blue arrow next to it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cingular#1
    Do you hit the name of the contact? You are supposed to hit that tiny little blue arrow next to it.
    Look above

Phone
    iPhone
    Carrier
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    yeah. i do that all the time too. or my finger may kindof slip and it calls the person above or below. It happens especially when I'm in the car. it happened to me today. I just set the phone down in my lap and thought it was locked then I heard someone saying "Hello? Hello?" haha kindof annoying...

Feedback Score
    There should be a slide bar to call soemone so you could never accidently call someone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by southsidegfx
    There should be a slide bar to call soemone so you could never accidently call someone
    If you do what your suppose to do then you wont call someone by accident

Phones
    16GB iPhone 3G
    4GB iPhone
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Here is the patch

Lock when not in use!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddystone
    If you do what your suppose to do then you wont call someone by accident
    Quote Originally Posted by dmblue
    Here is the patch

Lock when not in use!
    I think the both of you don't quite get the point. If you're in "Contacts" view, you can simply click on the contact to either send them a SMS, Edit, or call them. But if you're in the "Recent" or "Favorites" view and touch the contact, it automatically calls them.

I get it confused as well. I use the contacts alot for work, 9-5 M-F, so then after hours, I go to my favorites, and exspect the same thing, but instead it's calling them. IMO, it should be the same way for "Recents" and "Favorites".

Phone
    Apple iPhone 3G 16GB Colorware Custom
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes, the same thing happens to me and what sucks is if you realize this and hit the home key to try to end the call.....it doesn't end it! It returns you to the home menu with the phone call still being made. That's frustrating.

I agree with the suggestion of "slide to call". It would be much more useful that way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bootycancer
    I think the both of you don't quite get the point. If you're in "Contacts" view, you can simply click on the contact to either send them a SMS, Edit, or call them. But if you're in the "Recent" or "Favorites" view and touch the contact, it automatically calls them.

I get it confused as well. I use the contacts alot for work, 9-5 M-F, so then after hours, I go to my favorites, and exspect the same thing, but instead it's calling them. IMO, it should be the same way for "Recents" and "Favorites".
    Like I said, if you do it properly then you wont have any problem

Phone
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It happened to me like once or twice the first day i got the phone, but i quickly learned that you have to tap by the little arrow to the right of the name. it wasn't that difficult a concept to grasp, and it never happened again.

Feedback Score
    never happened to me

i can nearly imagine what iphone would be and look like if apple ever listened to people like you

omg

Phones
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 3G (In Pieces)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The point of the favorites list is to be convenient...I like being able to bring that up (or recents) and touch once and have the call activated. It's a user issue, remembering how it works.
    I don't subscribe to threads. If you've got something to say to me, PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dsigma6
    The point of the favorites list is to be convenient...I like being able to bring that up (or recents) and touch once and have the call activated. It's a user issue, remembering how it works.
    I do agree in every way.

I guess it just gets so redundant and repeatitive during work hours, when I'm using "contacts", that after hours when I'm using favorites, I forget.

It's just like that with everything though, one neat feature is loved by many, but hated by everyone else. IE like how chrome on cars is for me. Most spend their time and money to put chrome on a car, where I spend my time trying to get rid of it. I went to test drive a Sierra Denali just yesterday and almost stroked out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast