Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: AT&T MMS/Web Settings.

Phone
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

AT&T MMS/Web Settings.

Thanks to a9ballbr8k for these settings.

There are the MMS/Web Settings for you SE if you use AT&T (Cingular). Any threads posted in the SE forum asking how to set up your SE phone with AT&T will be deleted without notice.

APN: wap.cingular
    UserName: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    Login Request: off
    IP Address: just leave blank
    DNS Address: leave blank
    Authentication: Chap
    Data Compression: off
    Header Compression: off
    Proxy Settings: On, Multiple

Then go into proxy settings and do this:
    Proxy: On
    Same for all servers: off
    Proxy Servers: Multiple

Then go into proxy servers and do this:
    Select HTTP then:
    Username: leave blank
    Password: leave blank
    Proxy Address: wireless.cingular.com
    Port: 80

Then go into your messaging and do this.
    Menu->messaging->settings->picture message then go down do MMS profile.
    Select new profile. Under MMS profile name type MEdia Net. Under Message Server type http//mmsc.cingular.com and then Connect Using 3gprs.
    Last edited by Baldilocks; 11-16-2007 at 06:04 PM.
    Google Nexus 5

Phones
    Sony Ericsson w600i
    (Old) Motorola V505
    (Older) Panasonic GU87
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    What if your phone only has EDGE and GSM? I have a w600i.

Edit: EDGE works.

Phone
    Debranded Sony Ericsson W518a To w508 Black
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Ok, am I just being stupid here or what? I have the w580i and when I go into Menu->messaging->settings there is no option for Picture Message or MMS Profile. What am I missing???

Thanks!!!

Phone
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon77
    Ok, am I just being stupid here or what? I have the w580i and when I go into Menu->messaging->settings there is no option for Picture Message or MMS Profile. What am I missing???

Thanks!!!
    www.wireless.att.com/device-support choose the w300i. It is very similar and use it as a reference point.

Phone
    k850i
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Better yet, have all the settings send automatic from SE.

https://sonyericsson.wdsglobal.com/w...mobile%20phone

Phone
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by USAF_ICE
    Better yet, have all the settings send automatic from SE.

https://sonyericsson.wdsglobal.com/w...mobile%20phone
    That doesn't always work. Never has worked for me. This is why I have this sticky here because a lot of people have the same problem with the SE website.

Phone
    k850i
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldilocks
    That doesn't always work. Never has worked for me. This is why I have this sticky here because a lot of people have the same problem with the SE website.
    Thanks mod for the clarify.

I just check my internet setting on my K850 that was sent automatic from SE's site.

under proxy setting, HTTP, my proxy address is 066.209.011.032 and port is 8080 which aren't the same as the first post.

Should i change it to the first post or leave it like that? whats the difference?

thanks!

Phone
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    ^ If it is working, just leave it alone

Phones
    T68i, T610,Nokia 6230, S710a
    W810i, K790a, K850i, N95-3
    E71-2, E90, N810
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I had the same settings as USAF_ICE and it worked before, but went to send one now and got a com error, entered these settings and sent like a charm. thanks!

Phones
    C510a, W760i, K850i, K550i,
    W810i, W600i, S710a, T637,
    T616, T610, T68i, T39m ...
    Carrier
    AT&T <-- Cingular <-- PacBell PCS ...
    Feedback Score

RSS Feed Issue and Workaround

With AT&T, you may find that when you add an RSS feed to the built in reader, it will tell you it is an invalid feed. I was quite frustrated by this until I found a post by anandman, who said:

"I use AT&T Wireless in the US and found that if I remove the Cingular HTTP proxy from the connection settings, this fixes similar problems I've been having finding, adding, and updating feeds. My guess is the proxy was reformatting the RSS XML."

Sure enough, this solved my problem. All I had to do was turn off the proxy and my feeds all load property now. The only downside I have found so far, is that I can't access the Media Net site. But all other web sites seem to load fine.

This may be a temporary problem, but for now, this totally resolves my problem with RSS feeds. If I have to go to the media net site, I can just turn the proxy back on. But I rarely go there anyway

I figured that this bit of info was important enough to be added to this sticky.

EDIT: I just realized that with proxy setting off, you can't receive MMS's. Bad. But what I am now testing it whether you can turn off the proxy, add the feed, then turn back on the proxy. I am not sure if that works yet.

EDIT #2: Nope, won't work.
    Last edited by Paco; 12-25-2007 at 12:18 PM.

Phone
    Progressive Black W995a
    Carrier
    PacBell/Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco
    With AT&T, you may find that when you add an RSS feed to the built in reader, it will tell you it is an invalid feed. I was quite frustrated by this until I found a post by anandman, who said:

"I use AT&T Wireless in the US and found that if I remove the Cingular HTTP proxy from the connection settings, this fixes similar problems I've been having finding, adding, and updating feeds. My guess is the proxy was reformatting the RSS XML."

Sure enough, this solved my problem. All I had to do was turn off the proxy and my feeds all load property now. The only downside I have found so far, is that I can't access the Media Net site. But all other web sites seem to load fine.

This may be a temporary problem, but for now, this totally resolves my problem with RSS feeds. If I have to go to the media net site, I can just turn the proxy back on. But I rarely go there anyway

I figured that this bit of info was important enough to be added to this sticky.
    Is it possible to just duplicate the MEdiaNet settings (another profile) sans the proxy settings?

P L E A S E D O N O T C L I C K O N T H E I M A G E A B O V E !

Phones
    C510a, W760i, K850i, K550i,
    W810i, W600i, S710a, T637,
    T616, T610, T68i, T39m ...
    Carrier
    AT&T <-- Cingular <-- PacBell PCS ...
    Feedback Score
    Great idea! So I now have 2 internet profiles. #1 includes the proxy, #2 does not. Under Internet settings, I have the #2 selected. Then in Messages -> Settings -> Picture message -> MMS profile, I have 'Connect using' set to #1.

This resolves the MMS issue. And, if other problems do crop up, I can easily switch to #1.

Quote Originally Posted by randomtask77
    Is it possible to just duplicate the MEdiaNet settings (another profile) sans the proxy settings?

Phone
    SE W810i
    Carrier
    Old ATT
    Feedback Score

Unhappy SE W810i -- MMS & Internet still not working on OLD AT&T

All of these issues are related to using the OLD AT&T service.

I think I've really tried to get both of these to work. I've talked with a very patient AT&T rep for over an hour. I've had MMS and Internet patches from the SE website sent, twice (yes, the ones for the OLD AT&T Service). I've completely lost SMS ability (this doesn't even make sense!) in the process and had to Master Reset...

I've got SMS working again. I've compared all my settings to those suggested is this Sticky... I still can't send or recieve pictures or get on the internet.

Ugh. What am I not doing right??

Phones
    SE W580i (De-branded R8B024)
    SE W600i
    Moto V551
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    To comment on my experience:

W580i with AT&T

Just de-branded with Wotan...yeah I know, I'm a wuss

Phone automatically downloaded my WAP settings. I setup MMS by using Baldilocks' instructions. All works fine now.

Phone
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsukka
    To comment on my experience:

W580i with AT&T

Just de-branded with Wotan...yeah I know, I'm a wuss

Phone automatically downloaded my WAP settings. I setup MMS by using Baldilocks' instructions. All works fine now.
    Good deal!! Glad everything is working out for you. But you need to thank a9ballbr8k as he is the one that originally posted the settings.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast