Thread: Nokia 5700 WSOD Boot up freeze.

Feedback Score

Nokia 5700 WSOD Boot up freeze.

i got a nokia 5700, been using for about 2 months now. great phone until this morning. the phone was acting weird this morning so i decided to power off and power on.

well, it was able to power back up but it can not pass the initial white screen part. i dont even see the nokia logo and the hand shaking animation.

i tried connecting the phone to the pc to the USB to do a software update but the program can't even see the phone.

i lived in USA and this is an asia version of 5700. i am running out of options.

any help would be greatly appreicated.

Device(s)
    Acer Liquid E
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    try booting without memory card.

Feedback Score
    i tried bootup without the memory card and the sim card. no luck.

Feedback Score

Same thing is happening to my 6265i

If I find out any information I will keep you updated. My phone did the same thing last night. I can see the hand shaking when it powers up but after that it goes to this grayish screen.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Did you try a hard reset?
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous1
    there are some codes that have words in them. For example, *#WORD#. How do I type in WORD? All I get is numbers...
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBruha
    I don't know. Monkeys are one thing, but newbs?

Feedback Score
    exactly what is the hard reset? can you do a hard reset when the phone is off since both of us can't even turn the phone on.

tonight my phone won't even turn on now. i can't even see the hand shaking screen.

i called the service center in china, and it turn out that my serial number belongs to a SG nokia range but the rep did ask to try a differnet battery.

Device(s)
    Acer Liquid E
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    1. Make sure you phone is fully charged.
    2. Backup your contacts list and personal files to MMC memory card (if possible).
    3. Switch-off your phone.
    4. Press and hold these three keys together:
    * Green dial key,
    * Star key (*)
    * Three key (3)
    5. Press the power on/off to switch on the phone.

Do not let go the three keys until you see the "formatting" screen displayed. After a few minutes, the format will be complete. Your phone will now be at its original factory settings.

Feedback Score
    well, the hard reset is not working. so thats that i gues. i could also fedex it back to singapore.