Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile Shadow FAQ (Version1.0)

Phones
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    T-Mobile G1
    SE W810i
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile Shadow FAQ (Version1.0)

All shadow questions/concerns, hacks, etc, can be posted here.
    Only God Can Judge Me So I'm Gone Either Love Me or Leave Me Alone

^^^3g, meet Comcast

Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have had this phone for two days already. I must admit, I was ready to return it this morning, but the more I played with it and used it, the more I realized how wonderful this phone is. I thought I couldn't have a better phone than my RIZR z3, but without a doubt, the Shadow is the best.

One thing that is really really ticking me off and haven't been able to figure out for the life of me, is how to turn of the beep sound on the keyboard. It is soooooooo loud whenever I slide it open and try to dial a number. Is there an option to turn the sound off? The sound is off when I'm typing/txting. It's just when I want to dial a phone number.

Help!!!!!!!!!

Phone
    Dash
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    You need to app unlock your phone first. You can get it from Surreal Networks.
    You'd also need a registry editor e.g. PHM Registry Editor or Resco Registry Editor.

Change Keypad Touchtones

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\Keypress

Click
    BeepMode 0x1 (1)
    BeepScript p
    Category System
    Script p
    Sound HWandSW.wav

Tone
    BeepMode 0x1 (1)
    BeepScript p
    Category System
    Script [BLANK, NO ENTRY]
    Sound HWandSW.wav

None
    BeepMode 0x1 (0)
    BeepScript p
    Category System
    Script [BLANK, NO ENTRY]
    Sound HWandSW.wav

Remove "Shadow" Graphics on Startup & Shut Down

Registry: HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\Startup
    Key: Image
    Action: Delete

Registry: HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\Shutdown
    Key: Image
    Action: Delete

Disable MyFaves icon for those who have it activated

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome
    inside got CMyFaves- find value Disable Change from 0 to 1

Next:
    in same place HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome
    go to CHome inside is value Disable page change value from 1 to 0

Last:
    in same place HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome
    got CClock change value disable from 1 to 0
    and value disable page from 1 to 0

soft reset

Change 'Contacts' right key option (the default on the 'home' icon)

Browse to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\CClock and set the following entries:

SK2TEXT - the text you want to see on the softkey
    SK2URL - the filename of the app you wish to open when pressed.

Change ordering of items on homescreen

Browse to 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome'

'Plugins' value - Change value as wanted

Change Neo Theme

Files for the Neo Theme. All located in the /Windows directory. Check each file and change as appropriate.
    BackgroundImage_Port.bmp
    CHome_framework_TextGlow_p.png
    CHome_framework_background_p.png
    CHome_framework_glass_p.png
    CHome_framework_status_bar_bg.png
    CHome_framework_textpanel_NoNPI_p.png
    CHome_framework_textpanel_p.png
    Chome_Start_background.jpg
    DeviceLockBG.bmp
    PhoneBKI1_Port.jpg
    PhoneBKI2_Port.jpg
    T-MobileBasicBrown.jpg
    _BackgroundImage_Port.bmp
    _PhoneBKI1_Port.jpg
    _PhoneBKI2_Port.jpg
    wmp_Camel_disabled.png
    wmp_Camel_ocx.png
    wmp_Camel_player_240x320.png
    wmp_Camel_pushed.png

Thanks to guys at modaco... Paul, Kermit, chaznet, gottifor...

I'd probably add more later... when I have more time

Phones
    G1
    Shadow (lost)
    MPx220 (retired)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    A lot of people seem to be having problems following the correct instructions for internet access over t-zones. Here's my rehash of the same old thing:

1. Start > Settings > Connections, go to GPRS
    2. Use Menu > Delete to delete ALL existing entries (to protect you from your previous efforts)
    3. Use Menu Add:
      Description: T-Mobile Data
      Connects to: WAP Network
      Access point: wap.voicestream.com
      Done.
    4. Use Menu Add:
      Description: T-Mobile Data 2
      Connects to: Work
      Access point: wap.voicestream.com
      Done.
    5. Done to return to Connections screen.
    6. Go to Proxy
    7. Use Menu > Delete to delete ALL existing entries
    8. Menu > Add:
      Description: t-zones proxy
      Connects from: WAP Network
      Connects to: The Internet
      Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
      Type: HTTP
      Done.
    9. Menu > Add:
      Description: t-zones proxy 2
      Connects from: Work
      Connects to: The Internet
      Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
      Type: HTTP
      Done.
    10. Done to return to Connections screen.
    11. Menu > Advanced:
      Internet Connection: automatic
      Work Connection: automatic
      WAP Connection: automatic
      Secure WAP Connection: automatic
      Done.

Internet Explorer
    Run IE > Menu > Tools > Options > Connections:
    [x] Automatically detect settings
    Select network: The Internet

Email
    For each mailbox:
    Menu > Tools > Options > Account Settings > Next until you see Advanced Server Settings link. Go to the link and under Network connection, choose Work.

Opera Mini 4
    1. Original instructions here: http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...t-manager.html
      I'll try to summarize:
    2. From here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=24
      Download jbed.zip, extract Cloudyfa_EsmertecJbed.cab, and run on device.
    3. To Associate jbed with jar/jad: save and import the following registry from Menneisyys' midlet bible: http://www.winmobiletech.com/092007M...ble/JbedSC.reg
    4. On the device, run IE and go to: http://mini.opera.com/ to download opera 4 mini. They won't have an entry for the shadow so just look for opera mini 4 and download the most advanced version you see. If you applied the registry settings for jbed, jbed should run and install opera mini 4.
    5. Start opera mini 4. Menu > Tools > Settings > Protocol: HTTP. I also found it good to set the Font size to at least Large and to enable Mobile view. See if Opera can connect to the internet.
    6. To run Opera Mini directly, create a shortcut with the content:
      28#"\Windows\jbed.exe" -run s0_

This assumes Opera is the FIRST java application you have installed. If not, go to the first link and read about it.
    7. To make opera (and other java applications) stop asking for permission to connect to the net:
      1. Shutdown all java applications.
      2. Copy \windows\appdb\selector.utf to your PC.
      3. Download fix.zip from here: http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...tml#post656281
        and extract fix.exe to the same location as selector.utf.
      4. Run fix.exe and it should update selector.utf and create a backup called selector.bak.utf.
      5. Copy selector.utf back to \windows\appdb\.
      6. Start Opera to test. Note that if you install a new java application, you will have to redo the above steps to make the new application stop asking for permissions to connect.
    8. There is still no known way to make opera mini open a link that you click on from your inbox or other applications, but I suspect this may be solved soon:
      http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/ind...&pb=1#more2334

Wap browser
    The T-mobile wap browser should automatically detect the correct connection settings. If not, check here:
    Start the t-zones wap browser. Menu > Options > Network. Connection should say The Internet. If it doesn't, try closing and re-running the WAP browser or restarting the device for it to pick up the correct settings.

MMS
    No idea if MMS still works since I don't use it. Someone please test. Running Start > Accessories > MMS Settings > Menu > MMSC Settings doesn't allow anything to be changed. The settings here: HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\SampleMMSC look correct, but I don't know if those are active settings.

Other
    Applications Microsoft Live Search (maps) and Google Maps (love the new non-gps location feature) both work for me without any setting changes (not that there are any settings you can change).

NOTE
    The t-zones proxy is sometimes flaky so before you think you have something configured wrong, it may just be one of those days. I think access to pop3/smpt/imap doesn't go through the proxy server so check if those connections work. Yes, you can connect to gmail's pop3, smtp, and imap servers over your t-zones connection.

Phones
    BB Curve 8320
    BB Pearl 8100
    T-mobile Shadow
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm having the "phantom alarm" problem. The only way for me to get it to stop is by doing a wipe/reset, but then it just starts again after the next time I use the alarm.

Any help would be great, it's driving me nuts.

Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 4meezy
    I'm having the "phantom alarm" problem. The only way for me to get it to stop is by doing a wipe/reset, but then it just starts again after the next time I use the alarm.

I had the same problem for the last two days. But figured out that when the alarm is going off, slide it open. you will get a menu option on the bottom right screen. Press that button and you will have the option to snooze at different intervals or to disable the alarm (turn off). Hope that helps.

Phone
    Dash
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 4meezy

Use SKToolsLite and clear the notification queue. It's free and you can get it from here

Phones
    BB Bold 9780
    BB Bold 9700
    BB Curve 8900
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US - myFaves
    Feedback Score
    My myFaves are not showing up at all. Just got the Shadow and yes I do have myFaves. It took me 45 minutes of playing around and logging on, changing the name of a myFaves contact to finally get the circles to appear. I powered off and on, they were gone and can't come back. Is this a known issue? Please list any known issues, as I may just get my money back then.

I added $20 add-on and nothing works, do I have to manually set that up?

Phones
    Nokia 6133
    T-Mobile Shadow
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You may just have a defective phone. I would call Customer Care, or take it in to a T-Mobile store to have them look at it. I'm actually a T-Mobile rep, and I've seen this before. It's usually just a problem with the MyFaves software installed on your phone. Also, if you're paying $20 for MyFaves, you are getting ripped off. MyFaves is only $10 on top of any plan.

Phones
    BB Bold 9780
    BB Bold 9700
    BB Curve 8900
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US - myFaves
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trickinit
    You may just have a defective phone. I would call Customer Care, or take it in to a T-Mobile store to have them look at it. I'm actually a T-Mobile rep, and I've seen this before. It's usually just a problem with the MyFaves software installed on your phone. Also, if you're paying $20 for MyFaves, you are getting ripped off. MyFaves is only $10 on top of any plan.
    The $20 is the Total Internet Add-on. I hit submit before I could explain that, I can't set up Windows Live, Windows Update or access email.

Is this a known issue? And what is the policy on replacing a brand new phone? I don't want a used or refurb replacement.

EDIT: WDG is horrible, a complete waste of time and a very confused bunch.

Phones
    MyTouch 3G (not yours)
    Sony-Ericsson tm506
    Shadow (shadow)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicKnight
    The $20 is the Total Internet Add-on. I hit submit before I could explain that, I can't set up Windows Live, Windows Update or access email.

Is this a known issue? And what is the policy on replacing a brand new phone? I don't want a used or refurb replacement.

EDIT: WDG is horrible, a complete waste of time and a very confused bunch.
    If it hasn't been 24 hours since you added total internet that could be it. Might also depend when it was added and if there are any provisioning delays in your area. Mine worked out of the box but I added the total internet 2 days before I received the phone.

Myfaves not showing up after a powercycle sounds like a defect to me, not sure what could be causing that (don't believe it's a known issue). As long as the phone is within buyer's remorse they will send you a brand new one. The rep you speak with will have to do another upgrade order (or if you got it from a store just take it there for an exchange under buyer's remorse). If you ordered it from the website or over the phone just make it very clear to the rep that the phone is under buyer's remorse and be positive that they do not do a warranty exchange. They'll send you a full kit (brand new) and give you instructions on returning your full kit to them.

And by WDG do you mean tech tier 3? If so then that's understandable. You'll want to speak with tier 2 pda/blackberry device support.
    The views I express belong solely to me and not with the company or the people of which I may be affiliated. That being said, get the hell over it

Phones
    Nokia 6133
    T-Mobile Shadow
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The buyer's remorse period is 2 weeks, so make sure you take it in or call Customer Care by then.

Feedback Score
    Thanks so much for your post. I just rcvd my Shadow yesterday and added t-mobile web to the account. Rcvd an sms today that the change was made. I made the changes you suggested and i am getting out but apparently getting back a network error message "Error:Requested content 'go.microsoft.com' cannot be accessed you do not have access to this site"

This message comes back on all sites i try to access obviously the site info in 'xxx.xxx'shows the site i tried to access.

Does this mean my T-mobile Web access has not been turned on yet or do i have a different problem?

Thanks

Phones
    HP IPAQ 910c (primary phone)
    T-Mobile Dash
    HTC Touch Diamond
    Carrier
    T-Mobile!
    Feedback Score
    RE: The myFaves not showing up... It's an easy fix, and it does happen from time to time, and not just on the Shadow. Take it into any corporate store, and the Rep can get into the acct, and under the myFaves tab, can 'turn client on.' It literally takes 2 seconds, and your faves will pop up. Don't exchange that phone! :P
    (I'm a T-Mo RSR... that should work. Hit me up if you need any more info.)

Feedback Score
    Still having no luck on T-Mobile Web working on Shadow. I entered all the setting everyone has been talking about and NOTHING. I think t-mobile is getting smart and could be blocking access. HELP

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast