Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Send a voicemail without calling someone?

Feedback Score

Send a voicemail without calling someone?

I am in area code 201. I want to leave a voicemail for a friend without calling them. There phone is in area code 267. I can't send a message because it bounces it back. is there a way to do this without signing up for some of the third party websites that do this?

Thanks!

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Every phone w/ VM has a deposit # that incoming calls that are not answered go to to allow someone to leave a message. If you were able to confirm that #, you wouldn't have to call them directly and just call their VM deposit # directly. I hope that helps, unless I misunderstood your question.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Phones
    Google Nexus 5
    Google Nexus 5
    Google Nexus 4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    is this the question of the week or something? I've seen this about 4 times already

Anyways, is the person on the same carrier as you? You can call your voicemail and then choose "send a message" punch in their number and then leave a message in their VM box.

If the person isn't on it then some of them have voicemail access numbers like Sprint/Nextel. You dial their area code and prefix then MAIL at the end. So it would be 267-XXX-MAIL and just punch in their number and it gets sent to their voicemail.

I'm not sure for others but search on the other forums too if that's where the person is.
    - yeah, don't listen to that guy!

Feedback Score
    Both of us have AT&T GSM.

How do I find out the voicemail deposit #? The persons number is in philadelphia (267) area code.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SHoTTa35
    Anyways, is the person on the same carrier as you? You can call your voicemail and then choose "send a message" punch in their number and then leave a message in their VM box.
    This is correct. I do it all of the time.
    Cozz36

Wireless since 1995.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesman78

How do I find out the voicemail deposit #? The persons number is in philadelphia (267) area code.
    It is stored in their phone. It is the same number that is dialed when they press the <1> key speed dial to listen to stored VM.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

The Voicemail Deposit Numbers are different for different markets and may have several for the same market especially if there are a lot of customers. You will have to find out their VoiceMail Deposit Number from the person you are calling. Make sure it is the Voicemail Deposit Number and not the Voicemail Retrieval Number. If you call the Voicemail Retrieval Number from your wireless phone, it will try to open your mailbox.
    Earl F. Parrish

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cingtd
    It is stored in their phone. It is the same number that is dialed when they press the <1> key speed dial to listen to stored VM.
    That is incorrect. It is the number in the forwarding settings which corresponds to the Voicemail Deposit Number.

My case for Washington, DC market
    Voicemail Retrieval Number: +14432803092
    Voicemail Deposit Number: +14432803091

If you get forwarded to the Voicemail Retrieval Number, it would be the same as if you dial "1" from your own phone. It would open your mailbox.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cozz36
    This is correct. I do it all of the time.
    This only works if the person you are calling has the same voicemail center. If different, you will get the unknown mailbox error.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri
    If you call the Voicemail Retrieval Number from your wireless phone, it will try to open your mailbox.
    Not if you are calling from another phone. I have tried calling both the pilot deposit and retrieval #'s from a landline phone and both methods prompt you to "enter the 10 digit # you are trying to call". The retrieval # only routes you directly to your VM if you are calling from your own mobile phone # because the VM system recognizes the Caller ID.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I am in area code 201. I want to leave a voicemail for a friend without calling them. There phone is in area code 267. I can't send a message because it bounces it back. is there a way to do this without signing up for some of the third party websites that do this?

Thanks!
    If the person has a GoPhone, their account is suspended. If you cannot send a text message, you cannot call them or leave voicemail.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    This only works if the person you are calling has the same voicemail center. If different, you will get the unknown mailbox error.
    So, I still do it all of the time.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cozz36
    So, I still do it all of the time.
    Try it with a number not in your market. It might work with enhanced voicemail but not with the basic voicemail. I live in Falls Church, VA and my voicemail number is in Sykesville, MD. I tried it with my son's number in Wilmington, DE. It appeared to go through but I got a return voicemail message saying that the message could not be delivered at this time.

Phone
    BlackBerry Bold
    Carrier
    at&t - Your World. Delivered.
    Feedback Score
    Try it with a number not in your market. It might work with enhanced voicemail but not with the basic voicemail. I live in Falls Church, VA and my voicemail number is in Sykesville, MD. I tried it with my son's number in Wilmington, DE. It appeared to go through but I got a return voicemail message saying that the message could not be delivered at this time.
    try one of these numbers.

no promise.

PA Philadelphia
    908-513-6245
    215-285-6245
    215-460-6245
    302-423-6245

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sanditejt2009
    try one of these numbers.

no promise.

PA Philadelphia
    908-513-6245
    215-285-6245
    215-460-6245
    302-423-6245
    Thanks, I was not doing it because I had to. I wanted to make sure that my statement was still true.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast