Phones
    Nokia N95-2 8gb, Nokia 3250, Audiovox SMT-5600, Nokia 6620, Nokia 3650
    Jawbone, Plantronics 320, Bluespoon AX2, Jabra BT8010, Plantronics 590e
    SE T610, T300, Sharp GX32, Samsung S105, Nokia 6610, Nokia 8290
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

N95 Security Code Reset - How?

So I bought a used N95 8gb, and now I cant even turn it on because it is asking for the Security Code....

I have tried the "Three Finger Salute" and tried to reset it using CALL, *, 3 while turning the phone on, and this doesnt work. I thought I'd try to flash it using Nokia Software Update but the USB is disabled on the phone, and the computer will not recognize the phone...

I also found something very cool at THIS site, but this Master Code Calculator will not work on BB5 phones, only DCT4 apparently....

So now I am stuck

Does anybody have any ideas on how to get this working without selling it and buying another phone?

Thanks In Advance....

Phones
    N95-8GB, N85
    N73-ME
    6230i
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well I believe what you require is a PUK code. Usually you have to obtain them from your provider, however I doubt they are the ones who sold you the phone so doubt you'll get anything useful there. You might have to contact Nokia on this one, I think the major concern though will be proving the phone was not stolen. Have you tried contacting the seller about this issue?

Also I'd suggest removing that link to that thing you find, those are not allowed 'round these parts and I don't know how heavy the hammer they use to squash that sort of link is and how it might effect your account.

The last resort would be to send it out to get flashed. I am pretty sure that this wouldn't require the phone to have any support for it enabled. This is not the updating using USB, this is a full on flash using specialized hardware and software.

Folks, please let me know if I am wrong on any of this. I haven't had much experience with this sort of situation, I have read up on it a few years ago, but never actually had to act on it.

Phones
    Nokia N95-3, Nokia N90, Nokia X3
    Nokia N8 - Silver
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier
    AT&T 3G
    Feedback Score
    isn't the default lock code 12345??

I may be wrong, but worth a try

Phones
    N95-8GB, N85
    N73-ME
    6230i
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am pretty sure that one there is just for doing a software reset. When you apply the lock that he is referring to I believe that it prompts you to input a code. I am pretty sure that there is not a default code for this one here. However, it is worth a shot.

Phones
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies...

I cant edit my post to remove that link, however I actually found that link here on HoFo so I didnt think it was all that bad? Moderators, if it is a bad link then please remove it from my original post...

I have tried to contact the seller, I bought the phone from eBay, and he doesnt know the code...

I have also tried the default 12345 and that doesnt work. I guess if all else fails I will contact Nokia about it, thought I agree I dont know how much help they will be since I didnt buy it from a supplier...

I was hoping there was something I could do personally that would help, but at this point it doesnt look good

Feedback Score
    I was just recently messing around with my code and I got locked out. Had to get a new SIM card to fix it.

Phones
    N95-8GB, N85
    N73-ME
    6230i
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't think he was referring to the SIM code, but hey, if thats the case, remove the sim and boot it up to test that out.

Phones
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Tried that too... Thought maybe with a SIM in the phone it would accept the default code or whatever, but that didnt work.

Phones
    Samsung U600
    Motorola Razr V3
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Knowledge, you ever figure this out? I'm in your same boat, bought a phone off of ebay (to be honest, at this point, I think I've been scammed and bought a fake N95-2), and I can't reset it back to the factory defaults. I'm also missing the Tools option from my menu, and missing the most important of the 4 options when trying to connect the phone via a USB cable to my PC, the "PC Suite" option...