Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help!! Suddenly my verizon cell service SUCKS!!

Phones
    Voyager
    LG VX8700
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Help!! Suddenly my verizon cell service SUCKS!!

Hello everyone.. I've had verizon cell phone service for several months now and it has worked amazingly well. Never had any problems with service up until about 2 weeks ago. I first noticed while I was at work I would get "searching for service" all day. This was an annoyance since I text alot at work but I was able to deal with it. Now as soon as I hit the town I work in my service cuts out. I have noticed in other towns it does this too not just the one I work in. It seems to work fine at my home however several people have told me they called me but it never rang on my end. I live in the north eastern part of Maryland. Does anyone know of any problems? I thought it might be a problem on verizon's end but a couple people I am friends with have Verizon too, and we were in the same spot.. they had service and I didn't. I have the LG VX8700.. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Is it my phone or the service? Thanks in advance.

Oh.. Does verizon mess with your account when you are late? I was about a month and a half late paying my October bill, so I was wondering if that could be the reason.. Thanks!

Phones
    iPhone 4
    iPhone
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What city in Northeastern Maryland? I'm in the same area maybe I can compare my service to yours. They won't provide you with lower service for a late payment.

Phones
    Voyager
    LG VX8700
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Hey .. I live in Elkton, Work in North East. North East is where I have major problems. Also in Delaware.. I didn't notice the problem but I was in Delaware and alot of people said they called but I never got the call.

Phones
    iPhone 4
    iPhone
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Service from what I can tell is pretty good in the town of North East, I'll tell you for sure later I'll take a drive through on the way home from work. I work in Elkton and service is pretty good most everywhere. I did notice that the 8700 does not have as good of reception as my other phones, probably due to the metal housing but there is not a HUGE difference. You might have a defective phone.

Phones
    Voyager
    LG VX8700
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thanks!! I hope it's not a defective phone.. I don't have insurance lol.. but I think it most likely is.. Everything worked great til recently and it doesn't make much sense that everybody else's service works fine except mine. But let me know what you find on your drive through North East.. Thanks alot!

Phones
    Moto Droid (Me)
    Alias 2 (wife)
    Boulder (son)
    Carriers
    Verizon (since 2006);
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by amada1266
    I thought it might be a problem on verizon's end but a couple people I am friends with have Verizon too, and we were in the same spot.. they had service and I didn't.
    Sure, its the service sucks, when you have no service but another VZW phone has no problems in the same spot. It sounds like you have a problem with your phone.

Oh.. Does verizon mess with your account when you are late? I was about a month and a half late paying my October bill, so I was wondering if that could be the reason.. Thanks!
    You're kidding, right? If you don't pay your bill, your service can be interrupted when you are in collections status. We don't have a magic button at the call center that will magically make your service worse.

Phones
    Voyager
    LG VX8700
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    lol.. I wasn't sure if they could some how make my service worse if being late on the bill. So another question I have.. Obviously it's my phone.. and I don't have insurance.. Will they replace the phone since it's defective or would I have to buy a new one at full price? Also, if I put insurance on my plan and then reported it defective would that work?

Phones
    iPhone 4
    iPhone
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    To add the insurance it has to be within the first 30 days of purchase and they have to be able to place a test call to it.

Phones
    Voyager
    LG VX8700
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Hook Man! Do you think Verizon will exchange it for me?

Phones
    HTC Incredible (VZW)
    Motorola Droid A855 (VZW)
    BlackBerry Tour 9630 (VZW) (inactive)
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless,
    МегаФон Москва (exp.)
    Feedback Score
    Probably. Explain what's happening and they'll probably FRU it out at a store for you.
    "Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." -General John Stark
    "Bring on the trumpets!"

Carrier
    U.S.: Verizon, T-Mobile USA; CH: Sunrise; D: Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    If it's less than a year old, Verizon will exchange the phone for you if it is defective, even without you adding insurance.

Phones
    Voyager
    LG VX8700
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Great!! Thank you very much!

Phones
    Moto Droid (Me)
    Alias 2 (wife)
    Boulder (son)
    Carriers
    Verizon (since 2006);
    Feedback Score
    Also, if I put insurance on my plan and then reported it defective would that work?
    That would be like driving around uninsured, having an accident then adding insurance. Its called insurance fraud. But, if you just got the phone new within the first 30 days, you can exchange it for another phone. If its less than a year since you got the phone new and it is determined to be a manufacturer defect, they will replace it out. Lastly, to clarify another post, you have 15 days, not 30, to add insurance after purchasing a new phone.

Phones
    Droid BIONIC
    VZW iPhone 4 (Sold)
    OG Droid (Sold)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It sounds like (as long as you didn't do something to the phone physically or whatnot) that you can get it Warranty replaced. Just take it to a VZW store or call and it should be able to at least get it exchanged once to see if the problem goes away. If not..then there's a possibility of something bigger going on.

Phones
    Apple iPhone 4 32GB
    Apple iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm just over the state line in DE. I haven't had any issues with signal. I don't travel into MD that much, so I really can't say. Plus I just got a new phone (Voyager). The signal isn't as good as my 8100 (maybe 1 bar less), but I still get a good signal.
    We are [TheBORG]. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
    * FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! *
    "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast