Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AT&T background check

Feedback Score

AT&T background check

I need some reassurance. Does anyone know how strict AT&T is with their background checks. I did some resume adjusting to the dates that I was at former employers to fill in gaps. Was wondering if anyone else here did the same thing when they were hired. Got my official job offer and am nervous about this part

Phone
    Blackberry Pearl (Red)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    When you did the background check info, did you give the correct dates? I was told that incorrect dates were a big no-no and would cause you to fail the background check. Even just in error.

Feedback Score
    yea, that's what i'm worried about. I haven't filled out an official form, only copy and pasted my resume on the online job search. Will they give me an actual application where i can put the correct dates before they do the background check? I haven't signed anything yet

Phone
    Blackberry Pearl (Red)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I had to re-input my dates. (I am in Ga) So I hope you get the chance to do that. I don't know if the recruiter will say anything if your dates are different from the original resume that got you the offer.

Feedback Score
    Good. I hope so. I'm also in the southeast so maybe it'll be the same. Are you in retail, or outside sales? This will actually be for a Government AE position, so I hope its the same process

Phones
    SE 760a/c905a Current
    Nextel 580 current-Wifes
    W518a - Kid
    Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't even worry about it unless you "fudged" a few monthes in both directions. a month here or there is normal.

Earth for now until stationed in space on a WIMAX Orbiter
    Phone
    Nokia
    Carriers
    TMOBILE
    Feedback Score
    Just be honest . That is the key. They are willing to work with most situations as long as they aren't felonies and newer than 6 years old.
    I love a dripping wet phone in my hands and the expression of shock and awe on a customer's face

Phones
    htc 8125
    lg cu500
    samsung d-807
    Carrier
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    If you're honest on the online form and admit to things before they find them you're ok

Feedback Score
    by online form, do you mean where i originally submit my resume, or is there another one i'll have to do before the background check?

Feedback Score
    Ok, I did the online form now. How long does the background check process usually take?

Phones
    htc 8125
    lg cu500
    samsung d-807
    Carrier
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jdawson1974
    Ok, I did the online form now. How long does the background check process usually take?
    Depends on how reliable the numbers you provided where. Call in 2-3 days for follow up, that's what I did

Phone
    W600i
    Carriers
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    They are very very thorough . It took me 3 weeks to get a result from AT&T. They called every single place I worked. If you have anything on your record they will rescind their job offer.

Phone
    Blackberry BOLD
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    For me, they called every single place I worked at, asked for the dates I worked there and the pay.

Feedback Score
    well, according to HR's email, they're going to expedite this. So, hopefully it won't be 3 weeks

Phone
    Blackberry Pearl (Red)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It only took me 4 business days. Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast